Beach towels?

A couple of years ago I bought a lightweight beach blanket which has pockets in each corner to put sand in to hold it down. It is very light and dries quickly and easily folds for packing. I have taken it several times on cruises and it has worked great and no sand on your towels. I'm not sure we are supposed to name items so I won't tell the name, but it should be available at any general merchandise-type store. It is blue in color and cost around $7.00

I see most cruisers just use the ships towels, but I found them too small.

We have taken one large beach towel on our cruises, and used it with one

of the ships towels also.

Its fairly thin, so it doesn't take up that much room.

Another thing is, at your first port stop, look around.

Usually vendors are selling novelty or souvenir beach towels

at ridiculously low prices. We always end up buying some to

take home anyway. :)

You can get extra towels from the pool attendant. You will have to sign them out, but as long as you return what you've been given--no problem! We like 2 towels apiece, so that works for us!

Another very helpful tip learned on CC! :D

I had no idea you could sign out an extra towel. Brilliant!

I see most cruisers just use the ships towels, but I found them too small.

We have taken one large beach towel on our cruises, and used it with one

of the ships towels also.

Its fairly thin, so it doesn't take up that much room.

Another thing is, at your first port stop, look around.

Usually vendors are selling novelty or souvenir beach towels

at ridiculously low prices. We always end up buying some to

take home anyway. :)

That's what we do...we always get a towel from each of our destinations - you should see our beach towel collection. I bought a huge rubbermaid hamper and store them in it around the pool. Gets them out of the house, and the hamper is rain and storm proof, so they stay dry and clean. There's NO WAY I would have room for all of them in my linen closet.

Thanks for the quick reply's, those towels took up a lot of much needed space in the suitcase. I'm just going to leave them at home.

Another thing to consider are the deals you can buy that are a plastic picnic blanket sheet...helps keep the sand off your stuff and take up no packing space to speak of. Once you're ready to leave, you just throw it away. Totally disposable.

Gosh, I can't for the life of me remember what those things are called. Anyone? They are sold at Wal-Mart..somebody help out my aging memory!

To me the beach towels are not very big. Not much bigger than a bath towel just fluffier. So last year we ordered the RCI towel to have in our cabin on the day we get on the ship. I will bring it along and this time will pick up a towel at Disneyland as well prior to going to the ship. Makes a great soviner.

Lexi

We didn't have to "sign" them out from the ship. On the pool deck, they had a place for wet towels and a rack with nice clean dry ones. (This was on the Grandeur two weeks ago). When we went back down to our room after being at the pool, we just took clean towels with us.

Archived