The Elation is arriving in San Diego

jbhcw

Sailing on the 11th and just so excited that she's finally in San Diego:) :) :) Glad you had a great repositioning. We were on her in January and just loved the crew and the ship:) :)

I was at the airport Sunday afternoon and saw a Carnival ship heading out. Was that the Elation?

I was so envious seeing her pull away, knowing that all those people onboard were just beginning their wonderful adventure; and also knowing that I've got two more months to wait for my cruise on Glory in July..

Welcome home!!! I've been thinking about the Elation! Want to hear the details!! When will the review be posted???

Can't you let the laundry go for a few days and post your review first? LOL LOL LOL Not that we're anxious or anything.

Ok people, I'm going to throw you a bone. Here's a link to our just posted (not even edited yet) photos of the Elation. I'll do a full review later this week, but remember this was a repo cruise so only one of the ports (Cabo) will be the same.

http://dan-julie.smugmug.com/gallery/2917065#157146548

Just a couple general notes to hold you all over .... The ship was beautiful, and very easy to get around. The food was great. The crew was the best and friendliest we've ever had. The cruise director is an Australian named Stewart, he was not incredible but not horrible either.

We were in cabin E179 (ov) which was under the galley. We literally heard one scraping sound one afternoon and that was it for 15 days.

Here's a tip - if you want to avoid "chair hogs" take a long repo cruise. The average age on board had to be 70-75. You could literally walk out and get a lounge chair in the front row next to the pool at noon. There were open chairs on all decks all day long.

If you have specific Elation questions ask them here and I'll try to answer them while I'm working on my review and uploading/editing my photos.

the pictures!!! The ship does not look croweded at all!! I should have taken this cruise but the time off from work just didn't work out. We loved sailing her in January and am very excited about sailing from San Diego. Looking forward to your review:)

luvz2run2000, Bless you for those bones, umm, pictures. Been waiting to see the details from a cruiser's perspective. We sail on her in October and are very excited that we finally have a year round cruise ship in town.

I'll be looking for your review of your trip. We have been through the Canal twice now. Back in '93 from East to West and in 2005 from West to East and I hope to go again one day.

Thanks again.

Here's a link to our just posted (not even edited yet) photos of the Elation. .

Thanks you very much for posting those very nice pictures, Also great shot of the ship next to the Pride.

157158244-L.jpg

Fred

I also liked that picture very much. My first cruise ship was the Ecstacy....same size as Elation. When we sailed the Pride last year I knew that she was much bigger....but couldn't really get a feel of how much. Seeing those 2 side by side really gives me a picture of the difference. Thank you!

The Fantasy class ships are IMO a great size. The drawbacks are there are no balconies except the suite cabins, no supper club, the lido is not quite as fancy, but that being said the staff has been great on the two recent cruises we've taken on the Fantasy and the Elation and the layout of the ship makes it easy to get around.

I am though, looking forward to my balcony cabin on the Liberty in September:)

I'll do a review and post pictures from my 06-11 cruise on the Elation, if only the time would hurry and pass:) :)

Fred - yes, I saw the Pride next to the Elation and that brought about my question. Our daughter sailed on the Spirit last year and I told her the Elation was going to be smaller. I just wondered if the Spirit and the Pride were the same size so I could point out the approximate difference between the Elation and the Spirit.

Have I confused you enough? LOL

Ship Statistics Name: Carnival ElationRegistry: PanamaShip Completed Date: 3/20/1998Capacity: 2628Number of Crew, Nationality: 920, InternationalGross Tonnage: 70,367Stabilized: YesMaximum Speed: 21 knotsLength: 855 feetBeam: 103 feetSpace Ratio: 34:1Number of Passenger Decks: 10Number of Inside Rooms: 408Number of Outside Rooms: 618Number of Restaurants: 4Number of Pools: 3Number of Elevators: 14Voltage: 110/220Non-Smoking Dining: YesNon-Smoking Ship: No

Ship Statistics Name: Carnival SpiritRegistry: PanamaShip Completed Date: 4/29/2001Capacity: 2667Number of Crew, Nationality: 930, InternationalGross Tonnage: 88,500Stabilized: YesAverage Speed: 22Length: 963Beam: 106Number of Passenger Decks: 12Voltage: 110/220Non-Smoking Dining: YesNon-Smoking Ship: No

Fred - yes, I saw the Pride next to the Elation and that brought about my question. Our daughter sailed on the Spirit last year and I told her the Elation was going to be smaller. I just wondered if the Spirit and the Pride were the same size so I could point out the approximate difference between the Elation and the Spirit.

Yes the Pride and the Spirit are the same class:)

Archived