Cabin Question: Deck 10 #1588 Superior Ocean View??

Has anyone stayed in this room.. the picture shows a balcony but I am a bit leary because I don't want to count on a balcony and end up with a window.. (the little caption says 'rooms may vary'"

All of the threads I have read suggest the hump rooms are the best.. and every one I read about is either on teh 7th or 8th floor.. So I am wondering .. do the room get better as the decks get higher?? Will I feel the mothion more because we are higher on the boat? I think from looking at the deck plan, that we are on the left side of the ship (sorry, not a nautical girl.. I can never keep the names straight).

Either way, I plan on rolling with it (lol) but who better to ask than my fellow cruisers??

Thanks.. and Happy Memorial Day! Bless our Troops (past and present)!

I looked at your prior posts and it looks like you are on the Mariner. 1588 is a D1 balcony according to the deck plans. My only comment would be that it is a connecting cabin to the GS next door. I have never stayed in a connecting cabin but some say they are noiser because of the connecting door. You have a nice fairly midship location.

I was confused too by the term superior ocean view, what that means?? Does it mean a extra large OV or a balcony....I would have booked one if I knew it was a balcony. Im on the SOV, dont know if that term changes from ship to ship as someone asked you which ship you were on.

Superior Ocean View (category D1) is a balcony on most ships (but not the Sovereign, Monarch, or Majesty). Here's a link to the description of the room for Mariner:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=00004Gc2-vzjv_-70M96rJayfe0:10ktdmlju?shipCode=MA&cabincls=B&cabinType=OS&br=R&deckCode=10

It clearly states that there is a balcony, both in the room description and in the square footage breakout.

Has anyone stayed in this room.. the picture shows a balcony but I am a bit leary because I don't want to count on a balcony and end up with a window.. (the little caption says 'rooms may vary'"

All of the threads I have read suggest the hump rooms are the best.. and every one I read about is either on teh 7th or 8th floor.. So I am wondering .. do the room get better as the decks get higher?? Will I feel the mothion more because we are higher on the boat? I think from looking at the deck plan, that we are on the left side of the ship (sorry, not a nautical girl.. I can never keep the names straight).

Either way, I plan on rolling with it (lol) but who better to ask than my fellow cruisers??

Thanks.. and Happy Memorial Day! Bless our Troops (past and present)!

Superior ocean view is their term for the better of the two balcony categories.

Deck 10 outsides are all balconies! Deck 10 is the place to be, especially if you like the pool. One flight up, and you're there! No waiting on elevators!

dreamy.. thanks.. I was gettting leary cuz I keep hearing everyone talking about decks 7 and 8.. :confused:.. so thanks for the info!

Archived