Abbreviations

lipoppop

I'm embarrased to ask but could somebody explain some of the abbreviations used on the threads.

I know DH, DW from there use in context but others have me guessing.

Also, how do you get multiple icons into your posts?

DW = Dear Wife

DH = Dear Husband

DS = Dear Son

You didn't indicate which abbreviations have you puzzled. If you list them, I am sure someone will decipher for you. :)

LOL = laughing out loud

ROFLMAO = rolling on the floor laughing my a** off

Pax = Passenger

For icons............go to the top of the page....See User CP

Click that and select personalizations available

TA - travel agent

Given the most recent misconstruing of terminology, I'll go ahead and throw this one out there (which is like throwing caution into a hurricane)! I thought TA meant something different. :D ;)

Given the most recent misconstruing of terminology, I'll go ahead and throw this one out there (which is like throwing caution into a hurricane)! I thought TA meant something different. :D ;)
And what did you think it meant?:D ;)

I know ... I'm having WAY too much fun, aren't I??? :D

Looking at my count-down clock is doing that to me. I'm quickly closing in on the 2-cruise-durations mark leading up to my cruise, and I've got a LOT to do between now and departure. The means the next 6 Sundays, and the week days in-between, are going to go QUICKLY.

I hear that! We're just 5 weeks from leaving for Lisbon to board the Prinsendam. Getting more anxious as the days pass. My DW and I are both at the point that we really need a complete break. We're making a weekend trip up to Utah tomorrow ... but the cruise is going to be totally therapeutic for us.

Getting more anxious as the days pass. My DW and I are both at the point that we really need a complete break. We're making a weekend trip up to Utah tomorrow ... but the cruise is going to be totally therapeutic for us.

It's been a long stretch since my last cruise ... I'm coming up on a Full year come September 7. As a result, I'm starting to go stir-crazy. I've taken a few days off, here and there -- for fishing trips with my Dad and such -- but I've not taken any Sundays off since my last cruise. Preaching week after week after week can begin to get dry after a while, and I am beginning to tell it in my sermon preparation and preaching.

When I was updating my website Monday I counted up the number of sermons I've preached and uploaded since I last cruised. Including a few Sunday evening messages, Christmas Eve and Easter Sunrise messages, I've preached 52 times since I last had a major vacation. 44 of those are Sunday morning sermons. That's, essentially, a full year of preaching since I last took any major time off.

I'm due.

I can taste it.

And it's coming. :)

Jim, I think you're 'on', there's a green circle beside your name.

Can you tell me what the orange-y little sqare in the upper left corner beside 'today's date' means.

I get a message 'unread' when I touch on it. And what about the red triangle

containing a black bar in the right corner? It says 'Report Bad Post'!

Today I seem to be computer illiterate; I need help!

Thanks in advance.

Helena

Jim, I think you're 'on', there's a green circle beside your name.

Can you tell me what the orange-y little sqare in the upper left corner beside 'today's date' means.

I get a message 'unread' when I touch on it. And what about the red triangle

containing a black bar in the right corner? It says 'Report Bad Post'!

Today I seem to be computer illiterate; I need help!

Thanks in advance.

Helena

Wild Rose,

The little square in the upper left corner indicates unread, or old message, depending upon whether the message is new since the last time you read the thread.

The red triangle you can use to report a post to the hosts if you think it should be removed because it violates the CC message board rules.

Terri, I see your lovely starfish, maybe its visable on different systems..I`m on aol......jean :cool:
Jean, I don't see yours either. I've been wondering all this time why so many people leave their avatar's in, when they can't be seen. I guess some can see them just fine.

I'm sorry to say that I can't see elmorejj or Terri Lee's avatars. There are others I can't see, but those are the two I've noticed on this thread.

Here's my theory, FWIW

The avatar graphics are stored in your browser's cache (all graphics you view are, until a "timeout", usually a week or so, or some other maintenance removes it.) When the board software was changed, some avatars "went missing". Those who can see the avatars in question had them in their computers browser cache from before the change over. Those of us who joined after the software switch, or who have had our cache cleaned, can't see them.

As I said, FWIW. :)

-dave

Network World

Archived