Soda Cards Available?

Hi all ... we are sailing on the Mariner on July 8, 2007 and I was wondering if they are still offering the Soda Card which we were able to purchase on the Navigator in 2004.

Does anyone know? Thank you!

Hi all ... we are sailing on the Mariner on July 8, 2007 and I was wondering if they are still offering the Soda Card which we were able to purchase on the Navigator in 2004.

Does anyone know? Thank you!

Yes, they still do this.

The cost is for the entire cruise, so if you are going on a 7 day cruise, it is $6 per day x 7 days + 15% gratuity for 18 and older. ($48.30). For under 18, it is $4 per day, so $32.20.

I was on the RCI website lastnight trying to find out the same thing. I found that under the FAQ's their "drink packages" said that the "adult" package was 6.00 per day per person and a 15% gratuity is applied to that as well to the sea pass. So its like 48 50 bucks. For children it said 4.00 per child per day plus the 15%. Sheesh I am a soda drinker but I dont drink 50 bucks worth in a month.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise ever on the Mariner this November and am wondering if we should get two or can we use one as discreetly as possble....yikes 100 for sodas...

The website also said that the package includes a complimentary coca cola cup. I was wondering if you have to carry this cup around the ship to get the soda....

They put some sort of "adult/child drink package' sticker on the sea pass card so that the bars and whatnot know you have purchased it.

--Katie

I was on the RCI website lastnight trying to find out the same thing. I found that under the FAQ's their "drink packages" said that the "adult" package was 6.00 per day per person and a 15% gratuity is applied to that as well to the sea pass. So its like 48 50 bucks. For children it said 4.00 per child per day plus the 15%. Sheesh I am a soda drinker but I dont drink 50 bucks worth in a month.

My husband and I are going on our first cruise ever on the Mariner this November and am wondering if we should get two or can we use one as discreetly as possble....yikes 100 for sodas...

The website also said that the package includes a complimentary coca cola cup. I was wondering if you have to carry this cup around the ship to get the soda....

They put some sort of "adult/child drink package' sticker on the sea pass card so that the bars and whatnot know you have purchased it.

--Katie

No, you do not have to carry around the Coke cup. You will have a sticker on your seapass card showing that you purchased the soda package.

The soda package is priced PER PERSON and is not intended to be shared. If you don't think you'll get your money's worth, just pay for the sodas as you go.

A wonderful advantage to the soda sticker is not having to sign your name every time you get a drink.

You have to drink a TON of soda to make this pay for itself. You can buy soda by the can for $1.50--just like in most hotels.

Just got back from the Liberty OTS and sodas are now $1.75 + tip = $2.01. I found a better bargain in the liquor store on board. They have a Coke cooler that you can buy 20 oz.?? bottles for $2.00 w/o any tip. These can be opened and if you do not finish the whole bottle they fit in your cabin fridge.

Gregg

I thought the juices were free to all who cruise?

We were on Mariner last June and bought the pop sticker for our entire family. It was a good deal for our teens, but my husband and I found ourselves drinking more of the lemonade and iced tea offered on board. Next time we're going to skip it for ourselves and order it only for our girls. If I want a coke, I'll splurge and pay the $1.50 or whatever it is. :) Still though; good deal for teenagers.

Archived