What are you paying for your cruise?

extreme

Will not be alone ,its amazing how you hook up with people from the roll calls. I was on the Spirit a 12 day Hawaiian cruise picked it up for 808 solo and that was with taxes. I booked about 7 weeks before sail date paid about half of what others paid and even those sharing a room.(same category as mine)

I hooked up with people from my roll call and was never alone unless I wanted to be. I t was great and certainly gave me the confidence to travel solo. I think because I hooked up with people on the roll call it turned out to be one of the best cruises ever. I will always make sure I meet the people on the roll calls and plan excersions in advance with some and this will be either solo or travelling with friends.

Ellie,

I meant alone as in without my DW and three DSs. ;) There's no way they could get that much time off at one time. :o

$1556 for two Pride next April, military rate for a balcony guarantee -thinking of moving it to May but price then is $1834 military rate- also starting to get nervous reading the other thread about guarantees so might pick an 8A cabin:p

Is Tomboyy the hall monitor?

Yikes no kidding!!! What an ASSet for those of us on Cruise critic.

$1500 for two, highest level balcony room, $100 per person on board credit 7 day Eastern.

We just spend $6000 for five of us for a week's long vacation on the Victory....

$2600 for a Lido Deck Balcony Room for the Five of Us

$900 airfare

$300 Hotel Pre and Post

$250 Limo from FLL

$300 Excursions

$200 Misc Tips from Airport, hotel, limo, etc

$800 Sail and Sign - $350.00 of that which were Tips for the week.

The rest was misc - meals at the hotels and airport, souveniers in the islands, drinks at senior frogs etc.....

So.. when you pay for your cruise, keep in mind the other expenses!

Cathy

I'm jealous that so many get great rates. Of course, I know that we're limited to summer and school holidays until the kids are gone so we have to pay to cruise. It's still so worth it. I'm looking forward to those October rates or last-minute rates that others boast about..... someday.

So with that said, we're paying $4100 for 5 of us in two cabins (balcony and inside) on the Panorama deck on the Miracle in June. No excursions, tips, or onboard expenses included yet. Yikes!

We just spend $6000 for five of us for a week's long vacation on the Victory....

$2600 for a Lido Deck Balcony Room for the Five of Us

$900 airfare

$300 Hotel Pre and Post

$250 Limo from FLL

$300 Excursions

$200 Misc Tips from Airport, hotel, limo, etc

$800 Sail and Sign - $350.00 of that which were Tips for the week.

The rest was misc - meals at the hotels and airport, souveniers in the islands, drinks at senior frogs etc.....

So.. when you pay for your cruise, keep in mind the other expenses!

Cathy

No kidding. Don't forget about the new clothes everyone needs before sailing too!

Yikes no kidding!!! What an ASSet for those of us on Cruise critic.

$1500 for two, highest level balcony room, $100 per person on board credit 7 day Eastern.

Is Tomboyy the hall monitor?

799 after taxes and charges for a 7 day cruise in a balcony 8a

guarantee.

My sentiments exactly!

3 people...airfare...Cat.11...transfers...pre-hotel $4500. Price shown does not include the DW's new wardrobe :eek:

$2700.65 for 5 peeps in 2 inside cabins that we choose on the Empress Deck on an 8 day Mexican Riv. on Spirit. That works out to just $67.50 pp/day not including tips, excursions etc...I am happy with this price:)

6/17/07 7 day out of Galveston on the Rhapsody of the Seas, 3 people

809/809/399 + 128.88 taxes (but booked a year ago and before Texans were told ship leaving for Asia) Large Oceanview

10/6/07 5 day out of Galveston on the Carnival Ecstasy, 2 people

359/359 + 55.98 taxes for top level Oceanview. Paid lowest inside cabin price and was upgraded to the top level OV. This is where Carnival treats their past guests better......Sorry but true.

3/16/08 7 day out of Galveston on the Voyager of the Seas, 3 people

1119/1119/799 + 123.63 taxes 8th floor Inside cabin. Originally paid $1000.00 less for a balcony cabin on the 3/9/08 trip (booked months ago) and then the lovely Texas school system decided to push back Spring Break this year :( So.....rebooking cost me and much less of a cabin.

If you don't like people asking what you paid, then don't answer. :confused:

Our last cruise was the Elation repositioning 15 day cruise. We had a cat #12 cabin on the starboard side of the ship, (upper deck). We chose the specific room. It was $3000/pp including taxes, ($6000ttl). Airfare to Fl & back from San Diego was somewhere around $1200.

It really does matter what time of year and what ship. You have to add plane fare so we always drive to New York and sail from there. This time on the Miracle June 12th we are paying 1021.00 per person for 2 in an 8B balcony which I think is pretty good. We can go on the 12th because my youngest graduates on the 9th and my other 2 graduated from college already this year. just checked I cruise and they are charging 1360.00 per person for June 12th (my same floor balcony),1649.00 per person for the next week June 20th, and 1756.00 for July 6th so I am happy with what we payed and we only have 2 to a room. Prices change from week to week. If you go during hurricane season or during weeks when all the kids are in school you can get some good deals. But if you have to travel with school age kids you are kind of limited to popular times for cruising and flying. I'm just thankful we are healthy and have some extra money to go cruising and my husband and three kids are coming with me.

Cat 4C Inside: $1359 for 2

Cat 8D Balcony: $1724 for 2

I think this post is a good idea...if you paid too much the first time, then you can learn something here for next time!!

The ONLY price comparisons that would matter would be for the same cabin category, same ship, same sailing. Other than that there is no comparison. Last weeks sailing, next weeks sailing, are separate entities. Same as a different line, ship, or itinerary, all separate to themselves. Only what someone paid on the exact same sailing could be compared. And if I was on it, I wouldn't want to compare cause I wouldn't be on it unless the price was acceptable to me. Wouldn't want to hear about someone paying less, wouldn't want to tell someone they paid more.

Right now I'm shopping a 7 day and the best I've found so far is about 50% MORE than a 12 day I just took in a better cabin on a more in demand ship. Go figure.

Your not EVER going to cruise someone else's cruise and no one is ever going to cruise your cruise, so enjoy yours.

Dan

Cash...that is what I'm paying for my cruise. LOL

We are going "off season" so that it's cheaper for us....I am a cheapskate!! Taking the kids with us this time...so we are going to "economize" but have fun.

None of your business... the most important thing about price, is that you are ok with it, comparing is a waste of time.

this is the type of response i expected "ignorant" but i said to myself i'm curious so i'll just put it out there and maybe some people wont mind just comparing #'s. to all of you that did thank you even if it was just to humor me.

Archived