Crown and Anchor Party-Something to consider

You know now that I think about it..........CL does play a factor.......maybe a small one.......if all things are equal, itinerary, cost etc.......we will always choose a ship with a CL.......but it isn't the deciding factor.......but none the less a factor

0 Seapass balance is not even in my vocabulary....:rolleyes:

And not in 99.9999% of the passengers either.

Wonder...........if there were no CL's on any RCI ship, hence no FREE specialty coffees nor FREE alcohol............how many would still sail RCI? :eek:

Wonder...........if there were no CL's on any RCI ship, hence no FREE specialty coffees nor FREE alcohol............how many would still sail RCI? :eek:

Good point.........I hope all of them.......at least those that like the RC experience..........:)

I guess you could get by just drinking from 5 to 8pm and getting coffee all day.........I wouldn't know cause I haven't tried to limit myself to that.:)

Good point.........I hope all of them.......at least those that like the RC experience..........:)

I guess you could get by just drinking from 5 to 8pm and getting coffee all day.........I wouldn't know cause I haven't tried to limit myself to that.:)

I bet there are at least 2 if not 3 people out there that wouldn't sail.:cool:

Yea.......I'm afraid you are right...........sigh:rolleyes:

I know former Celebrity loyalists who switched to Royal specifically because the the lounge and other loyalty benefits. I'm certain they'd go back to X if the CL was gone. :)

I know former Celebrity loyalists who switched to Royal specifically because the the lounge and other loyalty benefits. I'm certain they'd go back to X if the CL was gone. :)

I have a feeling I know some too.........;)

Our first welcome back party was on the empress. That was a few years ago and all I remember was them having champagne, mimosas and wine. There was a band and people were dancing, and the cruise director said a few words and that was about it. Our second party was also on the empress and this time, that had waiters with hor'derves, and again the wine and champagne, but the captain spoke and answered questions. Our next party was this past may on the GOS. They had two small buffet lines set up with hor'derves on either side of the room, and the waiters had wine, champagne, rum punch, and would also bring you anything you asked for. The captain also spoke at this one and introduced a lot of his staff. They were lined on either side as you walked out and shook our hands. We were Gold for all three of these parties. My sister is diamond and she actually was invited to another party a few days later, though she didn't go as her and her husband were the only ones who were diamond and the rest of our party (11) were all gold.

What's the separate Plat/Dia event like? In four days will be my first Platinum cruise. Is it like the welcome back party on the 7 day - cocktails and nummies?

On the 3-night cruise it will be held at 11:45 in the Viking Crown lounge. There will be waiters with tray of pre-made cocktails & wine, but you can order almost anything you want (Johnny Walker Blue wasn't on the list:rolleyes: ). There's also a nice buffet spread of heavy munchies - sushi rolls, wings, breaded shrimp, petit fours, etc. If the CD attends (usually happens), he'll introduce some of the senior staff and then Danney League, the Loyalty Ambassador, will say a few words, talk about new itineraries and such & introduce the Diamond Plus passengers. Danney may not be onboard, though, I recall that June 8 is the day he leaves for his vacation.

On the 4-nighter (you're not on it, you didn't ask, I don't care, I'm on a roll), the event was held at 4:45 in the Circuit Lounge on Catalina day. We had a lot more P/D passengers onboard, but the event was relatively lightly attended because of a tendering snafu that kept people on Catalina for hours longer than expected. Same setup, though, although I don't recall the CD speaking, just Danney.

I would like the Concierge Lounge a lot better if they served something other than house brands, particularly the wine. That keeps me out of there more than in during the cocktail hour. "Free" isn't worth it if it's not something I really enjoy. I can go to the Champagne Bar and get a better drink with the same munchies. That's something I'm willing to pay for.

I was on the Majesty for the 3/night on May11. I am a Plat. member. We were invited to a lovely party. Sorry, cant remember the venue name but a live band was playing and there was room for dancing. There was a striking RCI ice sculpture and the "captain " and upper level crew were there. They stood at the entrance and greeted everyone who entered. It was not overly crowded but I was told there were not alot of Diamonds on board. They had any cocktail you wanted and many different hot and cold appetizers. The chocolate strawberries are always my favorite. It was held on Sunday evening. It lasted 45min to 1 hour. I chatted with the captain on the way out. He has Golden Retrievers and we have that in common. He was very pleasant and cordial. The LA spoke and thanked us all for being repeat cruisers. I must say I thought this party was alot better than the ones I attended on VOS and AOS. On the AOS all the locals pretty much took over the party and it was quite a loud gathering. Some were overheard saying they cruise this ship so much that they really do not care to listen to any speeches they just come for the free drinks.

I love the new Majesty and have booked a 4day for September. Our 30th wedding anniversary.

Thanks RCI for thanking your loyal customers. This C&A member plans to remain loyal.

I was on the Majesty for the 3/night on May11. I am a Plat. member. We were invited to a lovely party. Sorry, cant remember the venue name but a live band was playing and there was room for dancing. There was a striking RCI ice sculpture and the "captain " and upper level crew were there. They stood at the entrance and greeted everyone who entered. It was not overly crowded but I was told there were not alot of Diamonds on board. They had any cocktail you wanted and many different hot and cold appetizers. The chocolate strawberries are always my favorite. It was held on Sunday evening. It lasted 45min to 1 hour. I chatted with the captain on the way out. He has Golden Retrievers and we have that in common. He was very pleasant and cordial. The LA spoke and thanked us all for being repeat cruisers. I must say I thought this party was alot better than the ones I attended on VOS and AOS. On the AOS all the locals pretty much took over the party and it was quite a loud gathering. Some were overheard saying they cruise this ship so much that they really do not care to listen to any speeches they just come for the free drinks.

I love the new Majesty and have booked a 4day for September. Our 30th wedding anniversary.

Thanks RCI for thanking your loyal customers. This C&A member plans to remain loyal.

Not many Diamond members on board huh? Anyone care to guess the reason for that? ;)

Well, the lounges would be a lot less crowded if they did go back. :cool:

and they could take that space and turn it into a boxing ring:rolleyes:

Not many Diamond members on board huh? Anyone care to guess the reason for that? ;)
Hm....am I supposed to know why??

:D :D I ain't going there......
hey Jim.....the toiletry thread got yanked.........I know who did it too...................he did a countdown right before it got pulled........

Hm....am I supposed to know why??

hey Jim.....the toiletry thread got yanked.........I know who did it too...................he did a countdown right before it got pulled........

I missed it.........was off to dinner...........:mad: I thought it was educational:)

I heard a rumor the boxing ring will be missing from the Independence in 2008. Thankfully.

I would think that space could be much better utilized......:rolleyes:

I would think that space could be much better utilized......:rolleyes:

Well on Navigator they have the pool where the boxing ring is now located on Freedom Class. Bring the pool back.

Archived