Crown and Anchor Party-Something to consider

We just got off AOS and had a welcome back party for gold and up, which was nice because our whole family could attend (Gold and Platinum). Then later we got another invitation for platinum and up. I felt both parties were fine. The first night was more crowded, naturally. Lots of staff on hand. The Capt. gave a speech and walked around and greeted people.(Keep in mind this Capt. went to each and every table in the dining room the last night of the cruise and thanked guests for sailing with him as well!). The second night we had nicer cocktails,etc. in the Blue Moon lounge (Viking Crown equivalent) and had a string quartet play. Far more relaxed! And again the Capt. shook everyone's hand. I wasn't expecting to even attend any welcome back event, and am glad I attended both. It makes me want to stay with RCCL. It's brand loyalty, and I'm willing to play! (I do understand if diamond and plus want extra attention, I hope they get a third night to themselves soon). I think a THANK YOU at gold level is very good business!!!! Think like a stockholder!

Karen

We just got off AOS and had a welcome back party for gold and up, which was nice because our whole family could attend (Gold and Platinum). Then later we got another invitation for platinum and up. I felt both parties were fine. The first night was more crowded, naturally. Lots of staff on hand. The Capt. gave a speech and walked around and greeted people.(Keep in mind this Capt. went to each and every table in the dining room the last night of the cruise and thanked guests for sailing with him as well!). The second night we had nicer cocktails,etc. in the Blue Moon lounge (Viking Crown equivalent) and had a string quartet play. Far more relaxed! And again the Capt. shook everyone's hand. I wasn't expecting to even attend any welcome back event, and am glad I attended both. It makes me want to stay with RCCL. It's brand loyalty, and I'm willing to play! (I do understand if diamond and plus want extra attention, I hope they get a third night to themselves soon). I think a THANK YOU at gold level is very good business!!!! Think like a stockholder!

Karen

This sounds nice. As a diamond member I don't feel any need for a party without the platinum guests. Out of all the parties I've been to, never has the Captain shown up. I've only seen him at the Captain's welcome aboard reception. I hope this is something they plan to do on all ships. I'd love it. But maybe it is being left up to each individual Captain.

It may be a while before I find out.

I am so glad to see that they are doing this on other ships as well. It does make you fell that your continued business is being appreciated. RCL did it right by us while we were on the MOS we booked out next cruise.

We just did B2B on the Majesty last month and are platinum members. They did invite the gold members as well to both of the C&A parties on our cruises. I know that normally it is only Platinum and above but we also recieved letters to join the Diamond members in the private lounge for debarkation, it stated that due to the low number of diamond members.........

Maybe because it is a smaller ship and short cruises they don't get as many platinum and diamond members cruising.

This would be because Diamond/+ members tend to favor cruising on ships with Concierge Lounges. Which Majesty does not have.

I just got off the Rhapsody after a weeks cruise. We were invited to the crown and anchor party as "retuning passengers". There were a lot of people there, one being a guest who had done 36 cruises with RCL. The cruise director talked, the loyalty ambassodor talked and the captain talked about the new cruise ships to be built. We had to walk through the schooner bar to get to the lounge it was being held in. There were a lot of staff members all dressed up and thanking us for coming and sailing on RCL etc... I almost felt like royalty. They had canapes, dessert treats champagne and rum punch and music. It was very nice.

That would have been the Shall We DAnce Lounge. We were on Rhapsody in April and they had 2 parties--1 for all all C&A and 1 for Platinum & up. Captain came to both of them. Captain Micheal is WONDERFUL, very personable. When we went on the Splendour--4 nighters--the repeater parties were for Platinum and above--different captains--first 1 no captain, 2nd one, Captain came.

This would be because Diamond/+ members tend to favor cruising on ships with Concierge Lounges. Which Majesty does not have.

Not all of us. some of us like the smaller ships that do not have CLs

That would have been the Shall We DAnce Lounge. We were on Rhapsody in April and they had 2 parties--1 for all all C&A and 1 for Platinum & up. Captain came to both of them. Captain Micheal is WONDERFUL, very personable. When we went on the Splendour--4 nighters--the repeater parties were for Platinum and above--different captains--first 1 no captain, 2nd one, Captain came.

Not all of us. some of us like the smaller ships that do not have CLs

So you're Diamond and you prefer ships without a concierge lounge? That's certainly not the norm. The majority of Diamond members I know wouldn't even consider cruising on a ship without one.

So you're Diamond and you prefer ships without a concierge lounge? That's certainly not the norm. The majority of Diamond members I know wouldn't even consider cruising on a ship without one.

yep. truth be told we just made D, BUT Vision class are my favorite ships, and so since Splendour is the only with a CL, then I will be SOL for the CL. did experience the CL on Splendour becasue of our cabin & it was very nice, but that would n ot be my reason for going on a particular ship.

yep. truth be told we just made D, BUT Vision class are my favorite ships, and so since Splendour is the only with a CL, then I will be SOL for the CL. did experience the CL on Splendour becasue of our cabin & it was very nice, but that would n ot be my reason for going on a particular ship.

Vision Class ships Legend and Enchantment have a CL also.

great to know. I really thought they would change Rhapsody's card room to a CL during drydock, but it didn't happen. something about needing the card room for some Asian games during the Asia sailings:confused:

great to know. I really thought they would change Rhapsody's card room to a CL during drydock, but it didn't happen. something about needing the card room for some Asian games during the Asia sailings:confused:

That makes sense since they do love to play cards. :)

Platinum C&A are entitled to wait in the special disembarkation lounge, but they are not normally entitled to priority disembarkation (white luggage tags or lavendar if you're in a Luggage Valet port) from the ship. The LA on Monarch will often give out the white tags to the Platinum members as well. We usually have all carry on luggage so we disembark when we are ready. Well, it's always before we're ready, as we never want to leave, but you know what I mean!

If I have an early flight, but am only a gold member, will I have a hard time getting white tags?

If I have an early flight, but am only a gold member, will I have a hard time getting white tags?

Just go to guest relations and tell them you have an early flight and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Splendour has a CL; I don't think Legend does.

Just out of curiosity, how many D/D+ members do you know? I will cruise any RCI ship that goes where I want it to, CL or no, and I'm guessing that's the norm....

The concierge or lack of does not even play a role into which ship I choose......

Just out of curiosity, how many D/D+ members do you know? I will cruise any RCI ship that goes where I want it to, CL or no, and I'm guessing that's the norm....

Jean, it has just been reported that Legend has done what Splendour did. Madforcruising (Gunnar) is on board right now, and is verifying what other posters have said. (not that we don't believe them!) He heard from the concierge pre-cruise!

As someone who cruises often and spends a lot of time in the Concierge Lounge, I know A LOT of Diamond/+ members. The overwhelming majority that I have spoken with will only cruise on a ship with a Concierge Lounge. They won't even cruise with another cruise line because of the Concierge Lounge. Of course there will always be exceptions to this fact. I for one am willing to cruise with other cruise lines.

Jean, it has just been reported that Legend has done what Splendour did. Madforcruising (Gunnar) is on board right now, and is verifying what other posters have said. (not that we don't believe them!) He heard from the concierge pre-cruise!

That's a good bit of news! I enjoyed the CL on Serenade & Jewel, but just can't see that as a deciding factor in selecting a ship. Guess that makes me different (as if I didn't know that already)!

As someone who cruises often and spends a lot of time in the Concierge Lounge, I know A LOT of Diamond/+ members. The overwhelming majority that I have spoken with will only cruise on a ship with a Concierge Lounge. They won't even cruise with another cruise line because of the Concierge Lounge. Of course there will always be exceptions to this fact. I for one am willing to cruise with other cruise lines.

I will go on a ship without a concierge(cant tell my my signature though,can you:p ),but it will be a RCCL ship....

On the Left Coast, the Captain of the Monarch throws a party for the entire ship on formal night on both the 3- and 4-night itineraries, with wine & a couple of pre-mixed cocktails, but you can order whatever you want from the waiters. Then there's a separate event for Platinum/Diamond members on another day. Both are really nice affairs.

What's the separate Plat/Dia event like? In four days will be my first Platinum cruise. Is it like the welcome back party on the 7 day - cocktails and nummies?

Archived