Crown and Anchor Party-Something to consider

I wrote this as part of my review of Majesty of the Seas and was thinking about it this morning.

We were on a 4 day cruise this past week and were invited to a Crown and Anchor party sponsored by the ship. Never heard of a C&A party for less then 7 days so was surprized when we received an invitiation for it. Were we in for a treat.

Upon arrival in the lounge we were greeted by the captain and his staff, we were offered wine or cocktails, They had live entertainment playing, we took our seats and waiters started to pass around appetizers for the entire hour. Captain and staff made there way around and chatted with all of us. Nice touch. Captain made a speech how they wanted to kick up their C&A party and this is what they came up with to show how much they appreciate our loyalty. We have been on several RCL cruises and have never seen anything compared to what Majesty did It was one of the highlights of our cruise.

It would be great if RCL followed what was being done on the Majesty to the rest of their ships. I came away from the C&A party feeling trully valued as a repeat customer.

When I came home yesterday, I called the C&A society and told them what a great experience we had on the MOS and told them they should do the C&A parties like that on all their ships.

The second thing I did was cancel my cruise on carnival to the Med for 08. I would not say I am a RCL addict but our experience on MOS made me realized you get what you pay for and MOS went way above that in every way.

I think it would be a

Sounds like all the C and A parties I have been to..........was this your first cruise as platinum or diamond??

I agree though that RCCL does do a nice job....

This was for all repeat customers not just for platium and above.

Got it!!

I usually dont go to those.........................too many people.........glad you enjoyed yours....

This was for all repeat customers not just for platium and above.

I hate to question this but are you sure? There would be an awful lot of repeat cruisers on board, but not so many platinum and diamonds. I can't imagine the captain having enough time in an hour to greet all C&A members.

What lounge did this take place in?

Gina

I hate to question this but are you sure? There would be an awful lot of repeat cruisers on board, but not so many platinum and diamonds. I can't imagine the captain having enough time in an hour to greet all C&A members.

What lounge did this take place in?

Gina

Mommabean you can always question me I am the president of your fan club..:-) I am a gold member and was invited so were many others who were gold. It was held in the Spectrum on deck 8 nice lounge. There were around 50-75 people there.

Mommabean you can always question me I am the president of your fan club..:-) I am a gold member and was invited so were many others who were gold. It was held in the Spectrum on deck 8 nice lounge. There were around 50-75 people there.

If you are gold and you were invited, then it must be true. It's amazing though that there were only 50 - 75 C&A members aboard. Maybe a lot of them just don't go because of the port intensive itinerary - they are too pooped out to go to every party. I can't help but wonder if you are just "special". :D

The platinum/diamond parties I've been to on MOS have always been in the Viking Crown Lounge but are really very nice, too. They've had good attendance, too. Band, good food. Lots of upper level crew...but never the captain when I've been there.

As for your first comment. THAT isn't true. There is no such club. :o You must be confused with the Julian fan club of which I am the self appointed president. But that's another ship. :p

Hippy Dippy Man! Glad to see you were treated right again on an RCI ship!

Which day of the cruise was your party? Does Majesty have a sea day in her 4-night itineraries?

On the Left Coast, the Captain of the Monarch throws a party for the entire ship on formal night on both the 3- and 4-night itineraries, with wine & a couple of pre-mixed cocktails, but you can order whatever you want from the waiters. Then there's a separate event for Platinum/Diamond members on another day. Both are really nice affairs.

We just did B2B on the Majesty last month and are platinum members. They did invite the gold members as well to both of the C&A parties on our cruises. I know that normally it is only Platinum and above but we also recieved letters to join the Diamond members in the private lounge for debarkation, it stated that due to the low number of diamond members.........

Maybe because it is a smaller ship and short cruises they don't get as many platinum and diamond members cruising.

Critterchick - no sea days on the 3 or 4 day. I believe the party was on the night that we were in Coco Cay on both cruises.

On the Left Coast, the Captain of the Monarch throws a party for the entire ship on formal night on both the 3- and 4-night itineraries, with wine & a couple of pre-mixed cocktails, but you can order whatever you want from the waiters. Then there's a separate event for Platinum/Diamond members on another day. Both are really nice affairs.

They've done it on the right-coast as well. Back when we were Gold, we attended a couple of them.

Hippy Dippy Man! Glad to see you were treated right again on an RCI ship!

Which day of the cruise was your party? Does Majesty have a sea day in her 4-night itineraries?

Greetings and salutations Critterchick. the party was held on the 3rd day. The captain did have a party for the entire ship I believe it was on the second day. No sea day on a 4 night cruise which I missed. I hear you are getting the Marnier on your coast it is about time..I still miss our Jewel cruise which is our all time favorite...Hope all is well.

We just did B2B on the Majesty last month and are platinum members. They did invite the gold members as well to both of the C&A parties on our cruises. I know that normally it is only Platinum and above but we also recieved letters to join the Diamond members in the private lounge for debarkation, it stated that due to the low number of diamond members.........

They did that in March too..........not that many Diamonds,but when they invited the Platinums,the waiting area was jammed packed! Too many then ,IMHO.....

They did that in March too..........not that many Diamonds,but when they invited the Platinums,the waiting area was jammed packed! Too many then ,IMHO.....

I agree. It was the same in Feb. By the time we got there - at the 7am stated time, all the chairs were filled and the environment wasn't so pleasant as jam packed as it was. There were some chairs stacked up behind people that we had to climb over to get to ourselves. I didn't feel like the LA was doing such a good job in that dept. He should have enough chairs out to accomodate all who he as invited to the early departure lounge or he shouldn't invite extras. The lounge was just the ugly meeting room in February. Previously it had been a really nice and pleasant library which was removed in the refurbishment - another of the disappointments of the refurb (to go along with the removal of the champagne bar).

I agree. It was the same in Feb. By the time we got there - at the 7am stated time, all the chairs were filled and the environment wasn't so pleasant as jam packed as it was. There were some chairs stacked up behind people that we had to climb over to get to ourselves. I didn't feel like the LA was doing such a good job in that dept. He should have enough chairs out to accomodate all who he as invited to the early departure lounge or he shouldn't invite extras. The lounge was just the ugly meeting room in February. Previously it had been a really nice and pleasant library which was removed in the refurbishment - another of the disappointments of the refurb (to go along with the removal of the champagne bar).

I was gonna say I wish it was only for D/DP but figured some would not take it lightly on here.........(but it should be just for us)

on NCL they gave my wife a sapphire gemstone for being a repeat cruiser
And we get Diamonds..;)

I was gonna say I wish it was only for D/DP but figured some would not take it lightly on here.........(but it should be just for us)

And we get Diamonds..;)

In looking over this thread, it may of been for Platium and diamond members, when the captain asked the group how many platium there were only around 10 people raised their hands and only 2 for diamond so maybe that is why we were invited. You have earned the right by the amount of times your have cruised for those special perks. No bashing here..We did have a great time and look forward to becoming platium after our next cruise in December.

Platinum C&A are entitled to wait in the special disembarkation lounge, but they are not normally entitled to priority disembarkation (white luggage tags or lavendar if you're in a Luggage Valet port) from the ship. The LA on Monarch will often give out the white tags to the Platinum members as well. We usually have all carry on luggage so we disembark when we are ready. Well, it's always before we're ready, as we never want to leave, but you know what I mean!

I know when we were on Enchantment last month I was surprised to receive an invitation to a "welcome back" party for all C&A memebers. It was held in the lounge next to the Schooner Bar and as we walked in there was a receiving line with the Capt. the LA, and several other members of the staff. The capt. gave a brief speech. It was the first time I had seen a general party on a short cruise. Then later in the week we had the Plat/Diamond party in the Viking lounge.

I just got off the Rhapsody after a weeks cruise. We were invited to the crown and anchor party as "retuning passengers". There were a lot of people there, one being a guest who had done 36 cruises with RCL. The cruise director talked, the loyalty ambassodor talked and the captain talked about the new cruise ships to be built. We had to walk through the schooner bar to get to the lounge it was being held in. There were a lot of staff members all dressed up and thanking us for coming and sailing on RCL etc... I almost felt like royalty. They had canapes, dessert treats champagne and rum punch and music. It was very nice.

Archived