"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

I got a reply!

Dear Justin,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Adam

--------------------------

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Looks like Mr. Goldstein likes using a BlackBerry.

yes he does respond a lot of time with his Blackberry. About 50% of my about 30 emails have been answered with the Blackberry

I got a reply!

Dear Justin,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Adam

--------------------------

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Looks like Mr. Goldstein likes using a BlackBerry.

Blackberry seems to be his favorite road device but the responses are not very long or detailed like his office ones.....

Boy between you guys with the Mariner,and us Texans (and others) with the Rhapsody...I bet Goldstein is about ready to throw the old Blackberry in the Ocean....

He has responded to a number of folks from the Rhapsody group...He probably is in hiding by now:D

Good Luck....Although we really wanted to keep the Rhapsody,and are greatful Voyager is coming for Winters...We still want a year round presence in Galveston...Hopefull when the next 2 or 3 ships come out..We too will get another year round ship...

Good luck with your campaign....Hopefull they are listening..

Between mariner and Rhapsody there are no RCI ships with a more loyal following. It seems that RCI is taking the best loved ships away from there best cruisers and sending them elsewhere. Oh did I say without replacing them? Where is the loyalty to the passengers that made those ships the best loved? I say that PC will get a Freedom but PC is going to have a 6 month period with no 7 day RCI cruise presence. It seems strange that RCI will announce the loss of mariner at PC but no replacement is announced. the only explanation is it is going to be a new build or contingint upon a new build being turned over to RCI The next turn over is going to be Genesis. PC is dredging and enlarging the turning basin and that is only needed for a larger ship. I can't see RCI placing Genesis in PC (they always place the newest and best in Miami) But Liberty of the Seas in august of 2009 is a possibility.......

We just got off the Mariner this morning and drove home to Fort Mill, SC.

Twice in just over a month? Can I move in with you? I already live in your zip code and I'll help with the driving (I already know the route, LOL).

Erika

We just got off the Mariner this morning and drove home to Fort Mill, SC.

Twice in just over a month? Can I move in with you? I already live in your zip code and I'll help with the driving (I already know the route, LOL).

Erika

This response was received from Adam Goldstein. Sounds like he might be getting just a little stressed :D

Dear Bill,

Thanks for your email. Port Canaveral is indeed important to us. Mariner of the Seas will continue to sail from there for the next 18 months and Sovereign of the Seas is there for the foreseeable future. We do not have anything to announce at this time but we are focused on the importance of Port Canaveral.

Best regards,

Adam. Goldstein

This response was received from Adam Goldstein. Sounds like he might be getting just a little stressed :D

Dear Bill,

Thanks for your email. Port Canaveral is indeed important to us. Mariner of the Seas will continue to sail from there for the next 18 months and Sovereign of the Seas is there for the foreseeable future. We do not have anything to announce at this time but we are focused on the importance of Port Canaveral.

Best regards,

Adam. Goldstein

I agree with you he seems to be getting a little stressed. I do not think that RCI anticipated the firestorm that snatching the most loved ships and moving them without replacement would start. based on the last part of the message they know something but don't have the fortitude to announce it......It is all based on when they get Genesis and new builds can get delayed

That's why it's good to post his replies on this thread so we see them all.

That is what I think as well. I have yet to receive a response from Richard Fain or Dan Hanrahan at Celebrity. But when I do they will be posted..... I think that RCI is afraid to make any announcements because of the uncertainty of the Genesis project. Once they get a better handle on that I think maybe they will say something. I do know one thing Between Rhapsody and Mariner PC threads RCI headquarters must have a nasty headache by now and the funny thing all of it was avoidable

Boy between you guys with the Mariner,and us Texans (and others) with the Rhapsody...I bet Goldstein is about ready to throw the old Blackberry in the Ocean....

He has responded to a number of folks from the Rhapsody group...He probably is in hiding by now:D

Good Luck....Although we really wanted to keep the Rhapsody,and are greatful Voyager is coming for Winters...We still want a year round presence in Galveston...Hopefull when the next 2 or 3 ships come out..We too will get another year round ship...

Good luck with your campaign....Hopefull they are listening..

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

As a frequent poster on the Mariner PC thread. I say this the more of us send emails in complaint the more that RCI will have to reconsider what they are doing to both the customer base and to the Ports they are abandoning. Carnival or someone else is going to win because of all of this....

Carnival or someone else is going to win because of all of this....

Could have a point, I wasn't even considering anything but RCL Mariner in 2009. Now I'm going to look at Princess and RCL Freedom and the cost when I want to go and itenerary, etc. Still may end up on RCL ship but it will be competing against other lines. Even if RCL is better than the alternatives; how much better and at what cost will factor in.

Could have a point, I wasn't even considering anything but RCL Mariner in 2009. Now I'm going to look at Princess and RCL Freedom and the cost when I want to go and itenerary, etc. Still may end up on RCL ship but it will be competing against other lines. Even if RCL is better than the alternatives; how much better and at what cost will factor in.

I think this is going to cost RCI a lot of money. Now if they would have repositioned a ship into those ports at the same time then maybe it would work. As it stands now Disney and Carnival stand to gain a lot from the RCI Debacle

Blackberry seems to be his favorite road device but the responses are not very long or detailed like his office ones.....

This is what they are doing at Corporate now..... This from the Rhapsody thread

EMail Pawn off

Quote:

Just checked my email. I received a response back also. At first I thought it was a generic but as I read, realized, it isn't. I suggested they put in a radiance ship if we can't have Rhapsody. (Haven't sailed that class but I believe they are between Vision & Voyager class in size.

Dear Mrs. Grigar:

Thank you for your inquiry through the Internet to Messrs. Fain and

Goldstein regarding the redeployment of the Rhapsody of the Seas. They

were pleased to hear from you and have asked that I review your e-mail and

respond on their behalf. As a Crown and Anchor member we greatly value

your loyalty to Royal Caribbean International and appreciate this

opportunity to address your concerns.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts concerning the

itinerary change for the Rhapsody of the Seas. Please be assured that

we are continually evaluating our product, services and the preferences

of our guests to ensure that we continue at the forefront of the cruise

industry. Nevertheless, we genuinely apologize for any disappointment

experienced as a result of this change.

Additionally, your recommendation to move a Radiance class ship to

Texas has been forwarded to the appropriate management team for their

review. Thank you for bringing this suggestion to our attention.

Again, Mrs. Grigar, thank you for contacting our corporate

office. We trust you are currently enjoying a memorable cruise vacation

onboard the Rhapsody of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Joan Bernheimer

Sr. Executive Representative

The email's are starting to have an effect. The top dogs are now giving the email's to the underlings to answer. How so thoughtful of them. I just wish that the executives would fess up and admit they made a few mistakes because in thousand's of cruisers eyes they did just that. On another note sending Mariner to California is a mistake Mexican iteneraries are showing flat Growth. Alaska and Europe are the grouth markets and even the Caribbean is going faster than the Mexican Rivera

Well I only emailed them once, Adam emailed me back, but I got a phone call from Richard's office. I wasnt home, just came today, but he left a message saying that as of right now they are not prepared to make a statement regarding the status of port canvaral. i have to go listen to it again and Ill give you more detail...but right now my nephew is bugging me to go out to the pool. lol

Please tell me that you have not emailed Adam Goldstein 30 times over this issue?:rolleyes:

No I have had an email relationship with Adam well before this event. I have only sent 2 emails to him on this, the first was a question and the second was my feedback to his answer. We have corresponded over a lot of things with the great majority of it very positive to RCI, Mariner of the Seas and her crew. I also have set up a cruise program through him encompassing 27 thousand employees. I email him on occasion but only once or twice over a certain issue. We have worked everything out satisfactory on every occasion and this is not going to be any different. :D

I think this post is awesome....Lets keep the pressure on, as I am sure we will all be happy with the outcome, even if we have to wait a few months after Mariner leaves PC.....Just remember 2009 is still a ways away.

Tim

I think this post is awesome....Lets keep the pressure on, as I am sure we will all be happy with the outcome, even if we have to wait a few months after Mariner leaves PC.....Just remember 2009 is still a ways away.

Tim

We defer to your experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisingator2 viewpost.gif

No one knows what the hold up is on announcing a move of ships. Some of you over on the RCI have become just plain silly about this whole ordeal. Emailing every Tom, Dick and Harry at RCI and Celebrity that you can think of to complain about moving a ship and wanting information on a replacement is ridiculous. Ever think that these folks have more important things to do than sit there and answer 30 emails from the same person? I just hope that none of you are bringing Cruise Critic into the conversation in your emails.

It hasn't even been a week since RCI announced the Mariner leaving. Don't you think that it takes time to complete plans and sign contracts with the ports on adding a ship? When RCI is ready to let everyone know of their plans with Pt. Canaveral then they will let you know. :rolleyes:

As many contacts as you obviously have why don't YOU get the answer then. The fact of the matter is a Great company or organization NEVER announces anything until the process is complete. That is obviously not the case in PC or in Texas. It is like this you go to a resturant to get food they serve you 1/2 of what you ordered and don't give an explination why they could not finish your order. I see no difference. Now if RCI says they are going to replace Mariner with a ship this entire thread would quiet down. They won't even do that...... I could care less for a time frame or a ship name I just want answers and not evasions. The question remains this IS RCI Ever going to replace MARINER YES or NO That kind of answer never requires much of anything. but we will let you get the answers with over 8000 posts you know it all :p

No I have had an email relationship with Adam well before this event. I have only sent 2 emails to him on this, the first was a question and the second was my feedback to his answer. We have corresponded over a lot of things with the great majority of it very positive to RCI, Mariner of the Seas and her crew. I also have set up a cruise program through him encompassing 27 thousand employees. I email him on occasion but only once or twice over a certain issue. We have worked everything out satisfactory on every occasion and this is not going to be any different. :D

I think if any of us emailed Adam, or Richard or any contact at RCC excessive times (like 30), we would loose credibility.

I have also established a bit of an email relationship with RCCL folks -- mostly from letters conveying appreciation of service by certain emplyees after a cruise. RCCL passes my comments along to the proper person on the ship and the employee gets recognition. I have gotten emails and/or calls back pretty quickly from RCCL.

So it is good to use judgement about how many emails we each send etc.

We defer to your experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisingator2 viewpost.gif

No one knows what the hold up is on announcing a move of ships. Some of you over on the RCI have become just plain silly about this whole ordeal. Emailing every Tom, Dick and Harry at RCI and Celebrity that you can think of to complain about moving a ship and wanting information on a replacement is ridiculous. Ever think that these folks have more important things to do than sit there and answer 30 emails from the same person? I just hope that none of you are bringing Cruise Critic into the conversation in your emails.

It hasn't even been a week since RCI announced the Mariner leaving. Don't you think that it takes time to complete plans and sign contracts with the ports on adding a ship? When RCI is ready to let everyone know of their plans with Pt. Canaveral then they will let you know. :rolleyes:

As many contacts as you obviously have why don't YOU get the answer then. The fact of the matter is a Great company or organization NEVER announces anything until the process is complete. That is obviously not the case in PC or in Texas. It is like this you go to a resturant to get food they serve you 1/2 of what you ordered and don't give an explination why they could not finish your order. I see no difference. Now if RCI says they are going to replace Mariner with a ship this entire thread would quiet down. They won't even do that...... I could care less for a time frame or a ship name I just want answers and not evasions. The question remains this IS RCI Ever going to replace MARINER YES or NO That kind of answer never requires much of anything. but we will let you get the answers with over 8000 posts you know it all :p

Never said that I knew it all but this post has become ridiculous with all of the speculating and emails flying back and forth. You have not even given RCI time to make an announcement on PC. It has been one week since they announced the Mariner move. When you become the major stockholder in RCCL then you can start making demands and asking for answers. The move is still a year and a half away.:rolleyes: It's not like you don't have a ship in Pt. Canaveral for the next year and a half to cruise. LMAO!!!!!!!

By the way the process in Texas is complete. Mr. Goldstein announced on the Liberty pre-inaugural that there would not be a ship in Galveston year round for the next few years. Could not have been said any easier than that.

By the way, my post count has nothing to do with having all the answers but your the one starting to look ridiculous for posting about this on every thread that you can find.

Ok I went back and listened to the message again. He said that the mariner was needed on the west coast because there was a real demand for it. That as of right now they are not making any announcements about who will take the place but to hang on because they will announce something shortly. I was totally surprised by the phone call to be honest but I think its great that they took the time to answer me so personally

Archived