"RCCL needs to Keep Voyager or Freedom class in Port Canaveral!!

Another thought, post 9/11 flight restrictions made it very agreeable for folks to drive to their ships. Hope RCCL is factoring that into their decision. The ability to reposition ships to ports that were easy to drive to helped cruise lines bookings rebound after 9/11.

Smart move........wait to see........

I have a hard time believing that RCI is going to give up PC on the seven day itinerary. I agree with the above statement that RCI has a hard time filling up the Adventure out of SJ. I think that it's best to take a wait and see attitude here. Let's let RCI make it official one way or the other.

I agree.I wouldnt get all worked up with the latest statement......if anyone reads these threads,one can see many,unfounded comments.I rather wait for a release from RCCL themselves.........

I agree.I wouldnt get all worked up with the latest statement......if anyone reads these threads,one can see many,unfounded comments.I rather wait for a release from RCCL themselves.........
Agree. And if you're following the thread on the Friday booking special, you will see that TAs are getting conflicting information about isues such as whether other discounts like Diamond balcony apply.

I have a hard time believing that RCI is going to give up PC on the seven day itinerary. I agree with the above statement that RCI has a hard time filling up the Adventure out of SJ. I think that it's best to take a wait and see attitude here. Let's let RCI make it official one way or the other.

We agree especially since we haven't heard many complaints from the ships leaving from PC. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those who like to sail from that area.

###

I agree very well said...they came and read what they wanted and not what was really being said.

Realized, I never thanked people for their comments about my reply to many of West Coasters who thought we Port C lovers were begrudging them -- so thank you.

There is a thread now about a civil war between the West and East coast over the Mariner. So I posted my comment again.

Oh how I hate to think of Mariner leaving Port Canaveral BUT assuming this discussion is true then I would want another ship the same size as Mariner and perhaps even Liberty to come into the Port. Liberty and Freedom are more expensive than Mariner so I would like to have the option of either....IN THE PERFECT WORLD that is,

I am not one that is upset with the west coast getting the Mariner...enjoy I can imagine being happy getting a voyager class since they have not had one...just smaller...I am happy for them...I just want a replacement...!

I am guessing...just guessing...that the timing of the Mariner's move to California is likely based on the Carnival announcement. What better way to give Carnival a run for their money on the Mexican Riviera route than to move everyone's favorite RCCL ship, the Mariner of the Seas, to the west coast. Otherwise there could be no reason why they would need to jump on that when they have a very easy time in filling the Mariner.

Based on responses from RCCL to some of the posters I feel pretty assured that we'll get one of the big ships but timing will be dependent on the Genesis.

That got me thinking too.... Even though RCCL has a history of moving their newest ship in a line to Miami, who's to say they couldn't do something different with the Genesis? I kind of think that there's no better way to compete for the family market that Disney gets than to put the biggest, newest RCCL ship in the same port. I have no idea what amenities the Genesis will have but I can pretty much guess it will be a "destination" ship because it's large size will severely limit it's port potential. ...maybe I should start a new thread on this... the rumor mill can be quite entertaining!

I am guessing...just guessing...that the timing of the Mariner's move to California is likely based on the Carnival announcement. What better way to give Carnival a run for their money on the Mexican Riviera route than to move everyone's favorite RCCL ship, the Mariner of the Seas, to the west coast. Otherwise there could be no reason why they would need to jump on that when they have a very easy time in filling the Mariner.

Based on responses from RCCL to some of the posters I feel pretty assured that we'll get one of the big ships but timing will be dependent on the Genesis.

That got me thinking too.... Even though RCCL has a history of moving their newest ship in a line to Miami, who's to say they couldn't do something different with the Genesis? I kind of think that there's no better way to compete for the family market that Disney gets than to put the biggest, newest RCCL ship in the same port. I have no idea what amenities the Genesis will have but I can pretty much guess it will be a "destination" ship because it's large size will severely limit it's port potential. ...maybe I should start a new thread on this... the rumor mill can be quite entertaining!

Now that's a rather good guess at what RCI is going to do. Genesis may be to big for a lot of ports but when you are that big who needs a port? Going to wait and see on this one....

All this speculation is very interesting. But at this point, I'll put my money with a Freedom Class ship in PC. Freedom class is almost identical to Voyager Class, even though RCI doesn't like to hear that.

I can't see RCI breaking with tradition that much as to put the first Genesis ship in PC.

As has been said before, we'll have to wait and see.

Think you may be right on the timing of Mariner's move -- i.e. before RCCL had made a decision to put another ship in Port C and leaving a gap in Port C before a new ship comes online.

All this speculation is very interesting. But at this point, I'll put my money with a Freedom Class ship in PC. Freedom class is almost identical to Voyager Class, even though RCI doesn't like to hear that.

I can't see RCI breaking with tradition that much as to put the first Genesis ship in PC.

As has been said before, we'll have to wait and see.

The speculation is a lot of fun. I just know that all we hear around here (Brevard county where Port Canaveral is based) are rumors about the Genesis ship coming here. Nothing has circulated about a Freedom class ship coming here. I would be happy about either though. PC will just have a lot of changes to make to handle that many people embarking/disembarking if the Genesis comes here. There ARE tons of changes planned for tat area though...lots of exciting ones. It's not going to be quite the industrial-only area that is has been if these changes get approved.

RCCL needs to keep a 7-day cruise in Port Canaveral, Hopefully with either a Voyager or Freedom class ship. My wife and I are now looking at 2009 bookings and our only choices for a 7 day cruise out of either PC or Tampa is not a RCCL ship. While we prefer RCCL, it is too far to drive to South Florida for us and suspect a lot of other folks on the east coast.:(

RCCL needs to keep a 7-day cruise in Port Canaveral, Hopefully with either a Voyager or Freedom class ship. My wife and I are now looking at 2009 bookings and our only choices for a 7 day cruise out of either PC or Tampa is not a RCCL ship. While we prefer RCCL, it is too far to drive to South Florida for us and suspect a lot of other folks on the east coast.:(

You could always drive to New Jersey!

Just go off the phone with Adam. Change of plans. Since I live one hour from Baltimore and Port C is 15 hours drive, RCI is sending Grandeur to west coast and Mariner to Baltimore for me. In addition they are sending me a barge and a floor jack so I can raise the bay bridge and the key bridge so the Mariner can navigate the Chesapeake bay.

This also has Capt Johnnys approval.

I love RCI.:)

I'm all for more RCI ships in Port Canaveral. I really don't like the drive to Miami. Tampa is my favorite port though. I would love to have more ships there!
Tampa is not too far for us -- an easy 6-7 hour drive. Last year RCCL was going to base Enchantment there but with the stretching, Enchantment can't fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

Tampa is not too far for us -- an easy 6-7 hour drive. Last year RCCL was going to base Enchantment there but with the stretching, Enchantment can't fit under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.

Tampa is the closest port to us as well but the biggest ships that RCI can get there is the Legend and Grandeur (Pre-stretched vision class) anything bigger can't get under the skyway bridge. The Tampa area really made an error by not making it a bridge tunnel like Hampton Roads and Chesapeake bay Bridge tunnels. If that bridge was not in the way who knows what Tampa would have for cruise ships

Like booking that 12/28/08 cruise out of PC. Looking into that today during the fire sale event :D LOL beats asking if Poly want's a Cracker :p

So did ya book it??

Ok,im confused,,,,,,,Vision class fits under the bridge(i.e Legend,Grandeur).so why doesnt the EN?? They mde it longer,not higher,didnt they??

hi all,

just gettin' started with this online thing. i agree, tampa's a great port, but splendor, grandeur, and legend are the ships we seem to get on rotation. never mind the bridge, tampa's garrison and ybor channel require a 180 degree turnabout. anything larger is like backing a pickup truck inside a cracker box.;)

we will be taking splendor in august (pc) and grandeur (tpa) in december.

moose the caboose

Archived