Luggage limits

technically it is 200lb per person, which translates to 4 large bags or so. No one has ever to my knowledge weighed anything. The carry ons have to fit through the scanner which is the size of the ones at the airport and if you can lug it you can bring it on board.

Of course if you fly..........you are more apt to be limited by your airline than any cruiseline..........and I'm sure you know that but just pointing out there really isn't much of a limit on cruiselines..........other than what your back will allow.:)

Unless you are doing an "around the world" cruise, I can't imagine anyone needing 200lbs of anything!!! But, if you're driving to the ship, bring what you will!

If you're flying to port, check with the airline--it's no longer the same for each domestic carrier. They've started limiting what you can check on the plane--some make you pay extra per bag now!

Unless you are doing an "around the world" cruise, I can't imagine anyone needing 200lbs of anything!!! But, if you're driving to the ship, bring what you will!

If you're flying to port, check with the airline--it's no longer the same for each domestic carrier. They've started limiting what you can check on the plane--some make you pay extra per bag now!

Yes, you're right about the baggage limitations and it even seems to be different from airport to airport. When we flew from DFW to San Juan we weighed our bags before we left home just to make sure everything was under the 50 lbs per bag limit. But, when we disembarked in San Fran we could only guess at to what was in each bag and my husband's bag weighed 55 lbs and they didn't bat an eye. And, once before I think it was in Miami he was charged for an overweight bag. And that was only 2 lbs. I guess we just got lucky :rolleyes: . This was American Airlines!

d

Thanks everyone. I am flying, but have a wedding dress, etc. to cart with me. I was more curious because I keep reading about people buying cases of water, etc. and slapping luggage tags on them, so I wasn't sure if there was any kind of limit. I'm hoping that since my Aunt and Uncle live near PC, that I could possibly ship my dress and other things to them and they could bring them to me at PC and that would reduce what I have to carry on the plane.

We actually checked into this for United tonight. They allow 2 bags, 50 lb each but if you are a 1K, you get 3 bags up to 70 lbs each. Was really happy to see that since DH is a 1K:)

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a 1K?

Archived