Camp Carnival and Adventure Ocean Pages Now Loaded Here

crusinmama06

I loaded up the kid camp pages I have....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

There is Camp Carnival for Ages 2-5 and 6-8...then Adventure Ocean for Ages 3-5 and 6-8

If anyone has more pages they can send me for ANY cruiseline...please send it to...

bmediamom@comcast.net

And if you can't open the pages, let me know that as well.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for putting this together. We will be taking our kids on their first cruise in December and it was great to get an idea of what to expect. They may never want to leave AO the whole time we're on the cruise!

Thank you so much for putting this together. We will be taking our kids on their first cruise in December and it was great to get an idea of what to expect. They may never want to leave AO the whole time we're on the cruise!

Glad I could help :D

• 2 weeks later...
I loaded up the kid camp pages I have....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/

There is Camp Carnival for Ages 2-5 and 6-8...then Adventure Ocean for Ages 3-5 and 6-8

If anyone has more pages they can send me for ANY cruiseline...please send it to...

bmediamom@comcast.net

And if you can't open the pages, let me know that as well.

Thanks!

Michele: I looked at the RCCL pages. Great info. I could not find anything about how RCCL works for child-care after hours. We have always done Carnival with our son as you know it's available till 3:00am. Not that I can hang that long but it's good to know it's available. Do you happen to know what RCCL offers for child-care after say 9:00 or 10:00pm?

Thanks

Michele: I looked at the RCCL pages. Great info. I could not find anything about how RCCL works for child-care after hours. We have always done Carnival with our son as you know it's available till 3:00am. Not that I can hang that long but it's good to know it's available. Do you happen to know what RCCL offers for child-care after say 9:00 or 10:00pm?

Thanks

It's there...look on any page 2 for any day and you'll see "Late Night Party Zone" it starts at 10pm and goes till VERY late. It's $5/hour I think.

Thanks I found it. Looks like you are leaving on The Sensation on the same day I leave on The Legend. We've been on The Sensation once & loved it. I wonder if their re-vamping will be finished by then? I read they are updating the Fantasy class to be a bit closer to the Spirit Class but they were starting on The Imagination & Inspiration first. I was on The Fantasy for the third time last summer & they had updated in from my last visit. It would be nice if they would add The Super Clubs to The Fantasy Class. I can't remember if that was part of the update or not. I know they are supposed to have more family style cabins.

Anyway, thanks for all your great postings about cruising with kids. I never posted to you but have read a lot of your info.

Hello Everyone!

I am really not sure if I am posting at the right place or not, but ya'll seemed like experienced cruisers with little ones, so I thought I may ask the question here. DH and I (along with my mother and father, brother and sister in law and niece (2), and two brothers) are cruising in July on Carnival Legend. This is our first time with our little guy :), he was one on June 3rd, so he will be a little over 13 months on our cruise. Anyway, my brother (with three brothers it is hard to keep straight, but the older one with the two year old organizes everything) has booked us all on a cave tubing excursion in Belize (yeah!!) except my father. He is going to get my son and niece after 12 and feed them lunch and then we will all meet up. My question is...how does the "babysitting" work on Port days on Carnival? I have looked on their webpage and the response seems a little ambiguous about checking the Capers on that day and Family Play times. Will my father need to be there with Blake during that morning? We really don't plan on using the babysitting services too often, but this is one excursion my husband and I plan to do together. Also, do you know what the "babysitting" services are like for the little ones that aren't involved in a program per se, like the children 2 and over? I know everyone raves on the boards about the childcare services on the boat, but I just wanted to make sure that we had everything ready that we needed to. By the way, we have adjoining balconies with our parents so that at "babysitting" times, they can just come over to our changing station and crib! Okay, thank you so much!

:)

Lindsay

Michele,

Thanks for the information. It will surely come in handy. Do they still give out pagers for the 3-5 year old parents? We are going next month and I/m sure AO is going to be packed. Wondering if they can run out.

gracie65 - awww thanks :) ...I had seen that Sensaton was recently refurbished with a few changes last year...but I guess they are making more? I did see the press release for it but it was vague which ones were first.

GApeachcruiser - they are kind of ambiguous with their times. From what I have seen, on Port Days there will be set babysitting times (for under 2's) where your father can drop the child off and leave him there. I know someone here has posted port day times for under 2's. So maybe you could search and find those. Have a great cruise!

FPP777 - on Freedom they gave out cell phones for the 3-5 crowd so I don't know if they use pagers or cell phones on other ships. But they do all offer something to the 3-5 AO parents. I can tell you that our cell phone was always broken...we had to keep exchanging them. :( And no, I doubt they can run out.

Michele,

You are AWESOME! Thanks so much for posting.

A few questions re: Freedom 3-5 year old AO...

1. On Day 1, it looks like the AO welcome show and registration was during 1st seating dinner. How does that work? Are we supposed to eat at the Windjammer that day so we can sign up?
  2. DS will have just turned 3. Do you know whether the staff will assist him, say going to the bathroom, or is he expected to do everything by himself?
  3. DS has a pretty bad sunscreen allergy (bad rash), and needs to wear special organic sunscreen. He is OK to be around others wearing regular sunscreen, he just can't apply it to his skin. Does the staff ever put sunscreen on the kids? If I let the councelors know about the allergy, would they recommend he stay out of the program? As an aside, he is not going to camp this summer, since the camps don't want the responsibility of a child with that kind of allergy.
  4. Do they offer the kids any kind of snacks? Water?
  5. Is the AO door locked, so that kids cannot wander out?
  6. Did you go to the Family Disco, and how was that?
  7. Do you think the family scavenger hunts are age-appropriate for 3-5 year olds, or should we skip that activity? DD will be almost 5, DS will be 3.
  8. We will also be on Freedom. Did you put your kids in AO in the evening, or did they come to the shows? Are the evening (adult) shows on Freedom interesting for kids, or will they find them boring?
  9. What did your kids like the best?

Thanks!!

I'll take a shot at some of these inside the quotes...

Michele,

1. On Day 1, it looks like the AO welcome show and registration was during 1st seating dinner. How does that work? Are we supposed to eat at the Windjammer that day so we can sign up?

It actually lasts well beyond early seating so no need to do the windjammer that night and you can also sign up the next day if you miss it.

2. DS will have just turned 3. Do you know whether the staff will assist him, say going to the bathroom, or is he expected to do everything by himself?

Must do it all by himself - they will not assist him.

3. DS has a pretty bad sunscreen allergy (bad rash), and needs to wear special organic sunscreen. He is OK to be around others wearing regular sunscreen, he just can't apply it to his skin. Does the staff ever put sunscreen on the kids? If I let the councelors know about the allergy, would they recommend he stay out of the program? As an aside, he is not going to camp this summer, since the camps don't want the responsibility of a child with that kind of allergy.

I have not seen them apply sunscreen to any kids. I would think you would be fine to send him with his own or apply it yourself and let them know about the allergy.

4. Do they offer the kids any kind of snacks? Water?

Snacks are often included throughout the day.

5. Is the AO door locked, so that kids cannot wander out?

Definitely locked and you must show your seapass card to sign them out.

6. Did you go to the Family Disco, and how was that?

7. Do you think the family scavenger hunts are age-appropriate for 3-5 year olds, or should we skip that activity? DD will be almost 5, DS will be 3.

8. We will also be on Freedom. Did you put your kids in AO in the evening, or did they come to the shows? Are the evening (adult) shows on Freedom interesting for kids, or will they find them boring?

You will need to judge on that. The shows are for adults but your kids may enjoy the juggler or the dancers...then again, they may enjoy cartoons and story time with other kids even more.

9. What did your kids like the best?

Pirate night is a hit...as is the talent show and the circus night...and, well just about everything on the list.

Thanks!!

Michele,

Thanks!!

Ooops sorry don't know how I missed these. hawt1 did a great job filling you in...I'll see if I can elaborate from our experience

1. We ate in the dining room (main seating) and still had more than enough time to register. We just went after dinner. And there is a table set up outside AO for pretty much the next 2 days to register

2. No help in the potty. And they do give strikes for any potty accidents.

3. They never took the kids outside so they didn't need to apply any sunscreen. You just state on his form that he has a sunscreen allergy...no problem. The only place he would need sunscreen is if you dropped him off at Labadee AO...but not many did that as far as I could see.

4. Only once a day (it's called snack attack on the papers) are the kids taken to snack. They don't provide drinks at all in the AO room. They took them to another room for snacks. I know my kids were both pretty thirsty after each session.

5. The AO door for that age group has a net up accross it so they can't wander out. They also have electronic security wrist bands that they wear. When you check him in each session, they put the wristband on him immediatly and log it into the computer. When you check him out, the wristbands are logged (looks like a check out scanner) back into the computer then cut off the child's wrist.

6. We did not have time to do the family disco because it was 10pm - 10:45pm and my kids were too pooped to party by that time. The only thing they did at 10pm when I picked them up from AO was crash in bed.

7. We didn't have time to do the family scavenger hunt either.

8. My kids wanted to be in AO at ALL times (except port days). So yes, they were in there every night. I pulled them out at 10pm so they could get some sleep. I think the shows would be boring to a 3 and 5 year old.

9. My oldest (age 7) liked the pirate parade, talent show and circus the most. My youngest (age 3) liked being dressed up for the pirate parade...but like MANY of the little ones..once they saw mom in the audience they wanted MOM not the AO counselors. And the AO counselors were kind of snippy about that but what can they expect? My youngest loved the slide in the AO room but hated all of the sitting that was expected out of them (if you saw the 3 strikes thread). There are ALOT of crafts/storytime and science projects that require long periods of sitting....that was bad for Gabriella. That was the first time in any kid's camp that she was required to sit for so long.

So I can easily say that my oldest liked it alot more than my youngest.

I know most of the interest is in the younger programs but I have the 15-17 yr old compasses scanned in for the Mariner from the week of June 10th if there is any interest.:)

YES! People have been asking for that age group.

PLEASE email it to me...

bmediamom@comcast.net

I will add it to the site right away. THANKS!

I saw the other ones you posted, and was wondering if you had any for the 9-11 year old group for carnival? Thanks for putting the others up there. I have a (will be) 13 year old and that is a great help! Now I am just looking to be sure that my 11 year old will have as much fun stuff to do also.

I saw the other ones you posted, and was wondering if you had any for the 9-11 year old group for carnival? Thanks for putting the others up there. I have a (will be) 13 year old and that is a great help! Now I am just looking to be sure that my 11 year old will have as much fun stuff to do also.

Jazzdog--here you go :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=10683508#post10683508

Yes, thanks to Biffer...the 9-11 is added to the rest of the pages.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/

• 1 month later...

This is great Michele. I am going to be sailing with 3 and 5 year old on Carnival Pride. I notice that sometimes the camp closes for lunch and dinner. As I was hoping to go ashore with my husband, what happens to the kids in the camp when it closes. I was under the impression that you could leave them there (that sounds awful, but you know what I mean!)

This is great Michele. I am going to be sailing with 3 and 5 year old on Carnival Pride. I notice that sometimes the camp closes for lunch and dinner. As I was hoping to go ashore with my husband, what happens to the kids in the camp when it closes. I was under the impression that you could leave them there (that sounds awful, but you know what I mean!)

It doesn't close on Port Days...only on Sea Days. So on Sea Days you pick the kids up for lunch and dinner when they close. On Port Days, the camp stays open and feeds the kids lunch.

How strick are they on ages??

The whole family is cruising on January 1, on the Spirit. My G-grandaughter will be 23 days short of being 3 years old.

Does that put her in the "younger" group??:confused:

It doesn't close on Port Days...only on Sea Days. So on Sea Days you pick the kids up for lunch and dinner when they close. On Port Days, the camp stays open and feeds the kids lunch.

This explains it perfectly! thanks for the clarification. I love reading your responses to questions - you really know your stuff! (Cute kids photo too!)

How strick are they on ages??

The whole family is cruising on January 1, on the Spirit. My G-grandaughter will be 23 days short of being 3 years old.

Does that put her in the "younger" group??:confused:

The age group is 2-5...so she is exactly the right age for the youngest Camp Carnival group.

That's the one my youngest is in and she LOVES it.

This is exactly the information I've been looking for. Thanks.

One question -- Did I read correctly? Only the parent that checks in the child can check out the child? What if the child wants to leave Camp Carnival and the sign in parent is at a Spa appt etc, etc.? Is there not a list that states the individuals that are authorized to sign out?

Thanks for the help.

Archived