View Photos of Amsterdam to Budapest, Gate1

mediaman

After my previous post about the Gate1 MS Bolero cruise about April 27-May 10, 2007; I have a link that should (?) allow you to view my three travel albums of the Rhine, Main & Danube Rivers.

The photos are on Kodak-Easyshare and I will give, what I hope, is a direct link below. You DO NOT NEED to sign in unless you want the offers or to make a purchase. Nothing comes to me.

If the link does not work, you may still email me for a direct invitation.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=c7isxs6z.1rmlisvj&Uy=-gos2hi&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Great photos of your trip.

You were very lucky this year with the weather. It was the warmest and sunniest spring ever in The Netherlands and also in Germany !!!!

Wow!!! These pics were great. We will be doing this trip next April on the Amalegro. I particularly loved the pictures of Rothenburg. Did you use a digital camera or a SLR camera? Your pics were beautifully clear:D .

Thank you to all those who enjoy my photos. I took about 300 images and while they were still raw, I dropped it to about a final count of 205. The images were edited, slightly, in Adobe Photoshop Elements to enhance the contrast, saturation, sharpness and perspective, as needed. An 8x10" still shows as very sharp from my printed copies! Yes, I've had several suggestions about selling my photos but I'm not sure what to do.

The camera is a Nikon Digital with 7.1 MP. total max size, mostly on an a 1MB. SD card. The originals are taken in the default size for moderate resolution.

My SLR is gathering dust, unfortunantly. I got tired of all the bags of accesories needed. That's not to say that a digital camera doesn't need them, too. The orginal 300 images fit on one CD. The revised images took three CDs with each image at about 5-6 MB. When I travel, I carry a small, battery operated hard-drive to back up my daily photos. There are stories of camera memory data cards that suddenly fail.

I try to let my eye and brain see and compose each image. Try not to let your mind add or adjust a photo with you seeing what you hope instead of what is really there! It's not a good idea to have many photos that need an apology unless it is too special.

Anyway, I already have another set of images of a recent HAL cruise from Osaka to Vancouver. I'm preparing for my next cruise on the Sapphire Princess to Asia.

Good luck to all of you in your travels and good photography.

I too enjoyed your pictures. We have been to all those places except Amsterdam, so the pictures brought back a lot of good memories. Will be in Amsterdam in a few weeks and your pictures were a good resource of what to see. I can't believe you took only 300 shots. On a two week trip I will take at least 2500. Of course, it takes me a month when I get back to sort, edit, and make slide shows on cd.

Archived