Bermuda great shopping spots?

Batch5

I know Bermuda is on the expensive side for shopping but are there any great deals to be had. Say if you were in St Thomas jewelry is cheap or Mexico clothing. Is there anything place in Bermuda that is a bargain, or a great place to shop for great Island souvenirs. DW would like to know so she cut to the chase and get right to the shopping.

With the price of the US dollar I don't see Bermuda as being a great place for bargain shopping. Years ago we bought our bone china there and some Waterford glassware but these days you can do just as well at various outlet malls and discounters in the United States.

Keith

I agree. There used to be good prices on English imports like sweaters and china, but not so much now. The one thing I like to get is a rum cake, and maybe some Bermuda specific liquor.

If you are interested in local art, there is a watercolorest, Jill Amos Raine, who has a shop right on the square in St. George. She sells her small (8x10) matted prints for 3/$25. They are little gems. She also has larger pictures and notecards. Any of them would be nice reminders of places that you saw in Bermuda.

If you are interested in local art, there is a watercolorest, Jill Amos Raine, who has a shop right on the square in St. George. She sells her small (8x10) matted prints for 3/$25. They are little gems. She also has larger pictures and notecards. Any of them would be nice reminders of places that you saw in Bermuda.

Oh! Good to know we can still get those! I have a few of them hanging in my house.

Right by the cruise dock in King's Wharf there is a glassblower. You can actually watch them work and the items in the store are quite lovely. A lot of the bigger pieces are pretty expensive, but I was able to get beautiful Christmas tree ornaments for only 16.95. Attached to the glassblower's shop is the Bermuda Rum Cake store. A small rum cake makes a very good souvenier to bring home to family and friends!!!! Be sure to try all the different samples!!!!

Right by the cruise dock in King's Wharf there is a glassblower. You can actually watch them work and the items in the store are quite lovely. A lot of the bigger pieces are pretty expensive, but I was able to get beautiful Christmas tree ornaments for only 16.95. Attached to the glassblower's shop is the Bermuda Rum Cake store. A small rum cake makes a very good souvenier to bring home to family and friends!!!! Be sure to try all the different samples!!!!

i had to laugh when i read this post...but i recall the sign they had in the glassblowing shop...see for yourself:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/zonehph2002/album/576460762379063109/photo/294928804090017439/44

I LOVE Carol Holding and Jill amos Rainey..my house is full of their work

Another Bermuda artist is Sue Quarles and of course the famous Birdsey

Their prints must surely be still available in Bermuda.

Archived