Leaving soon for my 2nd solo cruise

VernaF7449

Hi all - just wanted to check in and say Hi, and thanks for all the advice I got form this board. Tomorrow I am flying to Europe, where I will spend 2 days in Copenhagen before I board the Rotterdam for a 12 day Norwegian Fjords and North Cape cruise. I set up this trip almost a year ago and I can't believe it is almost here!

I booked a guarantee K (inside) cabin -still no cabin assignment on my on-line immigration form, so I may not know my cabin until I arrive at the pier Monday:cool: Maybe a nice upgrade? If not, that is OK too.

I "met" quite a few people on the CC roll call, and some of us are gathering in Tivoli Sunday night for a precruise meet and mingle.

I am looking forward to beautiful scenery, seeing new places, experiencing the midnight sun, searching for the "perfect" Norwegian sweater, relaxing on the Rotterdam, having fun, meeting new people, and celebrating my 50th birthday :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi, I hope you have a wonderful cruise:) and I have no doubt about

it:D

Wishing you a wonderful 50th birthday too! Mine is in March

and I will be sailing for 10 nights for it as well.;)

I hope you post something for us upon your return.

Smooth sailing to you......in all the ways that count

the most:)

Verna:

Have a wonderful cruise and welcome to the 50s club :) . I hope others find it encouraging that you have cruised solo and are doing it again. It is the best way to vacation I have found and cruising is perfect for the traveler who finds themselves solo for any reason. Have fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all - still on the Rotterdam, will get off ship (in Rotterdam, Netherlands) and fly home tomorrow.

On whole the experience was great, super itinerary and if anyone is even thinking about a Norwegian Fjords cruise DO IT! Post more later when I get back home and do not have such a slow and expensive Internet connection.

Hello Verna:) sounds like everything is going well and I am

so glad you checked in here!

Let us know all about it upon your return:)

Hi all - still on the Rotterdam, will get off ship (in Rotterdam, Netherlands) and fly home tomorrow.

On whole the experience was great, super itinerary and if anyone is even thinking about a Norwegian Fjords cruise DO IT! Post more later when I get back home and do not have such a slow and expensive Internet connection.

Verna,

I just got back from my Baltic cruise on the Star Princess as well and saw the Rotterdam in port there when we sailed. The whole trip was fantastic and I am glad you liked it as well. I bought one of those sweaters in Norway but they are pricy but I found one a little more in my budget. About the only not quite as good item is the cost of everything over there. I rented a bike in Cophenhagen and absolutely loved it. Really every port was great and I think Estonia was a sleeper to most of us and proved to be a lot of fun.

Hi Vince:) I will definitely take a look.

Oh, I booked 2 short b2b's for October on Mercury:D

One is 3 nights, the other 4 = 7;) and I will be away

the same time you are on Mariner!

But mine is going to Canada out of Seattle. Vancouver,

Victoria, Naniamo.....I have never visited those 3 ports so

it should be great!

Archived