No Safes? What do you do?

We are in a regular Oceanview on Deck 5 on the Sovereign and I read there are no safes in these rooms.

What do you do with your valuables like credit cards, cash, passports? I can't see carrying these around all day.

We are in a regular Oceanview on Deck 5 on the Sovereign and I read there are no safes in these rooms.

What do you do with your valuables like credit cards, cash, passports? I can't see carrying these around all day.

You can leave valubles with the pursers desk.

Tanker 4

I like the idea of locking the suitcase which I didn't think of. We just put the stuff in the suitcases and had no problems. I had less than $100 cash in the room and $300 in travelers checques. Still no problems.

Joe

I had assumed that there would be safes in all rooms. I have an OV room on deck 2 of the Freedom. Does anyone know if there is a safe in these cabins?

Thank you

Yes there are safes in the cabins on Freedom. :)

Get a safety deposit box at the pursers desk for your valuable items. Jewelry, passports and etc. You have access 24 hours a day. All you pay is a deposit for the key in case you lose it. ;)

hello,

you should not have any problem with your valuables. hte emplyees can't afford to lose their jobs over stolen items. if you feel uncomfortable go to the pursers desk for safe.

happy cruising!

ezemoney

Get a safety deposit box at the pursers desk for your valuable items. Jewelry, passports and etc. You have access 24 hours a day. All you pay is a deposit for the key in case you lose it. ;)

This is what i'd recommend too. A safety deposit box is really the only secure way to keep your valuables if you happen to be sailing one of the older ships that don't have safes in every cabin.

however.... :o DON'T loose the key like we did. :o We were sailing MSC Melody years ago and had a safe deposit box. The key even had a floating key ring. Somehow it got mixed in the dirty laundry and I never found it until we returned home. $250 to have the box re-keyed. :eek: I keep it with my cruise souviners, an expensive reminder to be more careful in the future.

hello,

you should not have any problem with your valuables. hte emplyees can't afford to lose their jobs over stolen items. if you feel uncomfortable go to the pursers desk for safe.

happy cruising!

ezemoney

I was on the Mariner in April and had my cell phone stolen from my cabin (it was lying out on a desk). I don’t know what happened to it but when I got home I called sprint my phone carrier to disconnect my phone and asked if there had been any recent phone calls using my phone and to my surprise there were about 5 calls placed to a country call the United Emeritus! :(

wow, this is news to me. We put things in the safe and never dreamed this ship wouldnt have a safe. We even lock up some medication as if something happened to it, it would be a disaster.

I guess I will be purchasing TSA locks before I go. thanks for posting this. little bity locks came with one suitcase, but I dont trust them, easy to pick kind of locks.

I will also be getting a safety depost box, its worth it for peace of mind. I will also be carrying a laptop, which I will lock up with the locks as Im sure it will not fit in the safety deposit box.

When we have been on the Monarch I leave the good jewelry at home - taking only what I wear. Instead of the minipurse - I take a regular purse. The laptop cell and other misc papers go into a locked suitcase. Not worth the hassle of dealing with storing things in a safety deposit on the ship.

I always leave my cell out at the desk because I use it as my alarm clock. I never thought that someone would steal it to make phone calls on. I may have to start locking that up as well. I really don't want a large phone bill when I get home considering we never make roaming calls on our cell phone. We were in an Oceanview cabin on deck 8 on Sovereign in April and there was no safe. Not sure why deck 5 interior has them.

Joe

Archived