Does anyone have the website address for...

I posted this on the Ask A Cruise board, but haven't received a response yet. I was hoping to get the site before I left work so I wouldn't forget to bookmark it here. Any help is appreciated. :)

There is a website out there that alerts you if the price of your flight drops. We have our flights booked directly through the airline for our upcoming Monarch cruises, and I would really like to have that site to watch the rates. Anyone out there familiar with it and have it?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to check them out a little later to figure out if one of those is the one. It's not Kayak...I love that site though. :) Supposedly there is one out there that will notify you via e-mail when your flight goes down in price. I heard it on the news the other day, and I can't remember what they said it was.

Yapta will track the pricing for you. Enter your flights and enter the price payed, you will e-mail notification if the price drops I have 4 flights that I'm tracking but they have only gone up. I did get back $75.00 on one flight but that was before I started using Yapta.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to check them out a little later to figure out if one of those is the one. It's not Kayak...I love that site though. :) Supposedly there is one out there that will notify you via e-mail when your flight goes down in price. I heard it on the news the other day, and I can't remember what they said it was.

Erin, try farewatcher through Travelocity: http://www.travelocity.com/info/fare_watcher/0,,TRAVELOCITY,00.html

that's the one I have "watching" airfare to San Juan for December. I have it where I am notified by email if the fare drops by $25.00, which it has a couple of times. Hopes this helps.

Skier - recent article in my local paper and I believe USA today. Little known fact that airlines WILL refund price differences, in the form of travel vouchers. Some charge a small fee to do it, but there is a difference of $400 and it costs $75 to process the voucher, it's worth it. The deal is you have to watch the prices and advise your airline as soon as you see the drop.

I don't understand, why would it matter if the price drops on your airfare, you can't get a price reduction if you have already purchased unless it is a full price refundable no restrictions fare.

I was wondering about that too. I had paid and the price dropped about $150 and I guess in my case it would have been iffy, since I never know if I plan on flying or driving in the next year and someone said it costs $75 to process a voucher for the difference.

You have to buy your airfare directly from the airline. You can read the fare rules when you pricing or during purchase. These will contain your refund options. UA & Southwest will refund the full amount in the form of a voucher. UA will give a cash refund minus a $100.00 change fee. I believe AA will give a refund minus a $50.00 change fee. Obviously of the airfare has to drop rather signicantly to take advantage if there is a fee involved, but if you can get a voucher for nothing why not. Each airline has different rules so it pays to read them when buying.

Archived