h20 - Retrofit

I had heard a rumour that a portion of the H2O area was being sectioned off so that toddlers with swim diapers could use it. It was to be filtered in such a way that it didn't pose a health risk to others on the ship.

Anyone else hear about this?

I had heard a rumour that a portion of the H2O area was being sectioned off so that toddlers with swim diapers could use it. It was to be filtered in such a way that it didn't pose a health risk to others on the ship.

Anyone else hear about this?

There are multiple threads talking about the Freedom series having an area for toddlers. Post #3 on attached thread is one of them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=528776

Gregg

H20 Zone on Liberty has a place for toddlers with swim diapers, and I beieve that Freedom is finished or almost finished. I know it is being done. I don't have any kids, but it is about time they do that again. They needed to. I know that my 2 1/2 year old nephew would be devastated when I told him that he could not go swimming if he were on a cruise with me.

I don't have any kids, but it is about time they do that again. They needed to. I know that my 2 1/2 year old nephew would be devastated when I told him that he could not go swimming if he were on a cruise with me.

I agree. While I certainly don't want to be sharing the water with "fecal tea bags" (in Folgy's honor, may he rest in peace :)), they really do need to make some sort of provisions for the wee ones, IMHO. Little kids love splashing around, and as long as they're paying the same fare as adults do, I think some effort should be made to accommodate them. A specially filtered, designated area sounds like the perfect solution. :)

Just off liberty. They were asking people with kids who looked small if they were potty trained and if not, they were asked to leave the H20 Zone. I did not see any area specified for diapers. The did have to close down the main pool in the H20 zone due to a fecal accident during our cruise

Hi...

Based on this info, does anyone have any confirmation or proof of these areas on the LOS or FOS? I would hate to book this cruise and be terribly disappointed.

Thanks.

The Compass from the Liberty is posted here:

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2960070750101434342jQklEb

It reads:

Per United States Public Health, pull up/swimmers or diapers are not permitted in the swimming pools including the H2O Zone. All Children must be potty trained.

It reads:

Per United States Public Health, pull up/swimmers or diapers are not permitted in the swimming pools including the H2O Zone. All Children must be potty trained.

Come on...does anyone really think little kids with sphincter tollerances of 0 will obey this rule, even if potty trained? DUH! Ever run the water to get a kid to go potty....get the picture?! No special pool for diapers on Liberty on pre inaugural. We played in the H20 zone and the water was heated a bit too. Must have been at least 80 while the solarium water was a chilly 72 degrees. That would contribute to more P in pool with little kids. Lets just hope the sanitization systems are working properly. I really don't think any reasonable person would think children of any age will always exit pool to P.:rolleyes: P.S. the reason I know this is because my DH has a dive watch that gives water temp.

skivoodoo - Thanks for posting the link to the Compasses! :)

You're welcome Lady Jag! I can't take credit for the actual downloading of the compass to the link...They are courtesy of ac00009. We all owe them a big thank you!

Archived