Princess Bedding

southbayer

I guess it really depends on what you're used to. I was terrified of the things I had heard about Princess bedding. I have a severe scoliosis and fibromaylgia and rarely get a good nites sleep. However we were on the Sun Princess last December and I found the beds fantastic. We did get an eggcrate put on at the very start. The beds are new and on the firmer side but the eggcrate softened it up just enough to be comfy. The bed linens are new also and very soft and cushy. We had an inside room and our bed was very comfortable. I really was relieved after all the horror stories about sleeping on concrete etc. Not true.. at least not in my case. I was very pleased with the bed and the linens.

We were on the Island Princess last month and the beds were very comfortable. We had the egg crate put on the bed, and slept very well for 19 days. Half way through the cruise they brought us big fluffy new pillows also.

The duvets, sheets and pillows are comfy, soft and cozy. The mattresses are being replaced, so if you get a new one I can't tell you---since I haven't tried them out. They were working on that on my last trip, and I saw many mattresses being discarded. I've heard the new ones are pillowtop so they should be nice.

Only ship I ever had an uncomfortable bed on was Sun Princess---without an eggcrate the mattress was so hard it was painfull. But, again, they are replacing them.

I've never had a problem on any other ship, even with no eggcrate and the old bedding.

It appears you are use to Carnival's mattresses which are wonderful!

Yes, Princess mattresses are awful and you will need an eggcrate topper. Some will say they are fine but most haven't experienced Carnival's beds and others say they like hard beds. These beds on Princess are not only hard, but you can feel the springs, they are thin mattresses, and generally caved in. I had hopes when I read they were being replaced but it has been reported the new mattresses are not much better. That's my worst complaint about Princess.

What is an Egg crate, and with so many asking do they run out... Thinking how do they store so many of these things?

It is a semi thick mattress pad that looks more like an egg carton. It can make the beds tolerable, I can not use the word comfortable as I don't think comfortable beds are in the princess vocabulary. There is a limited supply, so it is best to ask for one as soon as you board to make sure you don't go without.

We tried to do without one our last cruise on the CB and had a terrible nights sleep for 7 nights. Definitely request one unless you are used to sleeping on cement with lumps. ;)

We just got off the Coral Princess on June 4 after a 7 day Alaska cruise. I had been forwarned about the mattresses and after sleeping on the regular mattress for one night, I asked my room steward for an eggcrate mattress which he promptly put on our bed. Pillows were very flat so I asked for bigger pillows, he found me one. Other than the uncomfortable pillows, the bed was comfortable after putting on the eggcrate.

I wo der if all classes of staterooms have the same bedding????--I have no problem with a too firm bed--never asked for an egg crate--but, I do ask for 3 feather pillows--seems to be no problem-- they always show up--in fact there is now a pillow menu--as I understand

Nancy:D :D :D :D

I wo der if all classes of staterooms have the same bedding????--I have no problem with a too firm bed--never asked for an egg crate--but, I do ask for 3 feather pillows--seems to be no problem-- they always show up--in fact there is now a pillow menu--as I understand

Nancy:D :D :D :D

I think it might depend on the ship. On the Dawn we were in a full suite, and our beds were just as bad as those in the inside cabins. :(

Just returned from Sapphire and we found our beds cozy and comfortable. The linens were wondeful and pillows were fine. Maybe something is different about Sapphire or its just a matter of taste. Don't worry too much about it. The outside air and gentle ship motion will rock you to sleep like a baby.

Can someone put this subject to rest - Is Princess Bedding that horrible ? Am I in for a lousy night's rest ? Do they offer egg crates, does this make it better ??

35 Princess cruises and no egg crate, bedding is excellent IMHO. ;)

this is going to be my first time on the Diamond/Princess does any one know how there beds are? Carnival paradise was great. :D

The beds on the Diamond are awful. Get an eggcrate topper and yes those Carnival beds are wonderful and you don't appreciate them enough until you slept on a Princess bed.

35 Princess cruises and no egg crate, bedding is excellent IMHO. ;)

Wow, you must be so use to those awful mattresses but you are absolutely correct that the bedding is excellent with those new duvet linens, but the mattresses must be those $99 specials. ;)

PRINCESS CRUISE LINES - Fax 661-284-4745

ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Include your name, the ship's name, your booking number, voyage number, cabin number and date of sailing.

Be sure to look as soon as you get to your cabin and if it isn't on the beds, ask your steward as they run out quickly.

PRINCESS CRUISE LINES - Fax 661-284-4745

ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE

Include your name, the ship's name, your booking number, voyage number, cabin number and date of sailing.

Be sure to look as soon as you get to your cabin and if it isn't on the beds, ask your steward as they run out quickly.

Thank you very much for the info, I will send a fax in today.

This is scary - what about the beds on the Sapphire. We had the great new beds on RCL Radiance - any comparisons out there?

I have just returned from 30 day Sapphire cruise and I found the beds quite uncomfortable. This was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to.

The linens, duvet and pillows were quite nice but the mattress was quite hard. I did not get an eggcrate mattress because normally I can sleep anywhere. ( I will next time )

Having said that, I LOVED this cruise, I would do it again, even with the mattress.:D :D

Don't let it spoil you holiday.

I must be dense....if the bedding (mattresses) are that bad...why cruise with this line and not Carnival where the mattresses are supposed to be wonderful. On my Princess cruises, I have not encountered any "bad" mattresses...always got a good night's sleep.

Archived