Concierge Class Question

BlackPear

In the brochure one of the benefits listed for concierge class is that you have dining and seating preferences.

What does that actually mean?

Does it mean that if I would like a table for four on the second sitting, I will not have to go on a wait list?

Does it mean that I get some sort of preferential treatment when booking a reservation on the speciality restaurants?

Or both, or does it mean some thing else?

Can any one offer their advice, please.

Here's what they say for:

"Celebrity ConciergeClass

When you stay in a Celebrity ConciergeClass Stateroom on Millennium, you will receive these added amenities and more:

* Welcome champagne

* Daily fruit selection

* Fresh-cut flowers

* Daily hors d'oeuvres

* Menu of pillows - Conformance, Body, Goose, and Isotonic®

* Duvets and pillow-top mattresses

* Leather key holder, personalized stationery, a tote bag and umbrella

* Double-thick Frette bathrobes

* Hansgrohe® showerhead

* VIP invitations to events

* Early embarkation and debarkation

* Dining and seating preference

* Preference on shore excursions

* Express luggage delivery"

It's been my experience you will receive your request for the Main dining time and type of table preferred. No waitlisting. I believe it does not apply to the speciality restaurant but I have not had a problem getting a reservation I've requested.

I hope this helps.

Enjoy,

Winnie

I didn't find anything special when I stayed in a CC room...in fact I told the room guy not to bring those silly "fresh flowers"...they just got in the way...no special treatment in dining , shore excursions... etc. I think it is all a farce & will just take a regular balcony room instead of paying more for CC.

We thought CC would be a nice touch for our first cruise. It ended up (for us, anyway) being nothing special. There was fruit, some of it moldy, and flowers. I think the key to CC is that you must ask your steward for some of the 'perks' that are more intangible. Yes, the robes are in the closet, and the showerhead is nice. But our steward made no mention of the pillow menu, nor was there any info in the guest services info portfolio. We certainly didn't receive any invites to VIP events,nor shorex preference(?). We had a mediocre steward as well. I WILL say that we were assigned an excellent table at the very aft of ship allowing us a splendid view of the water and sunsets as we dined!

Bottom line, BlackPear, is that you will have to ask for any desired CC perks that are not clearly obvious.

Before the regulars get their flamethrowers out, let me state that we let none of the above impact our overall experience. We LOVED the cruise, and are booked again, with =X= in Jan.2008. I am merely offering my observations to the OP.

Agree...celebrity is the best...but the CC room is a rip off...yes it is a bit bigger...but not much. And that fruit in the room...I told them not to bring it !! It was sad fruit!!!

How'd you like the storms today? I'm in Palm Coast & it wasn't bad here...we sure need rain but why so violent!!

Enjoy your Jan 08 cruise...I'm on the Millie in May 08 to Alaska!!:D

The fruit and flowers we could do without, but we did enjoy the better bedding, pillows and towels. Those may not be worth the extra cost to some, but to us they made a positive difference.

I cruised New England/Canada in CC 6143 on Constellation this past Sept and absolutely loved the CC room. There was about a 1 1/2 foot space at the end of the sofa where our luggage tucked away out of the way. The fresh flowers in the bathroom and the cabin were a nice touch. Our fruit was always fresh, even if we didn't eat it, it was taken away and replaced with fresh. We loved the thick plush robes and pillows, the shower massage head, the extra thick plush towels that matched the bath math, the canapes (we didn't care for, so asked for cheese and crackers) which our steward provided a plate for each of us with grapes and apple slices, the extra items on the breakfast menu if you want to eat in your cabin or on your balcony, the sail card holder, the binoculars (my friend liked them so well, she bought a pair), personalized stationery and the use of a huge golf umbrella, and the welcome champagne we nursed for 5 days having Mimosa's in the morning with orange juice. We only tendered at one port and it was utter chaos, so the preference on shore excursions didn't help.

We also received an invitation imprinted with our names to join the Captain for a tour of the Bridge. Now I realize lots of folks get this, but it sure seemed special to us to see that envelope in the slot on our door. And if you're lucky enough to get one of the CC cabins on Deck 6 of the Millennium Class ships the balconies are triple the normal size because they have to join up with the Suites that surround you. It was fantastic, we felt so pampered and well taken care of. Our steward also had about 6 suites besides us, so he knew how to take care of travelers. I think I covered everything, and to us it was well worth the $300 pp extra for CC.

We booked the April transatlantic as a balcony guarantee six weeks prior to the ship sailing. Within 3 days we were assigned a CC cabin at the aft of the ship under the sunset bar. We were well-pleased with that assignment. However, nothing else about the CC cabin was remarkable - perhaps there were perks which we received but were not obvious. We wanted a table for 3 at the early dining (a friend travelled with us) and got it. We wanted two early reservations in Murano's and a call to the concierge got them for us. So, I couldn't recommend spending extra $$$. We bring our own pillows and light-weight robes and have a superior shower at home and thought the bedding was less than wonderful (no box springs). We don't do shore excursions so we have no insight as to whether we'd get to the front of the line because of the CC cabin.

Depending on itin & if you do not book excursions with the cruise line, the priority tender is a really helpful perk--saves alot of time! Sometime cc is not worth it but sometimes it is--have to weigh it for wach sep. trip & prices --The flowers & pm canapes are certainly not the best--can always order the cheese platter if you want a pm snack

As an upper level Captain's Club member, now Elite, I found those benefits replicated in large part by CC. For a few years you could book a larger veranda cabin on the M class ships without it being CC. Then, Celebrity got smart and made all the M class larger veranda cabins CC only so my last cruise on Constellation was CC although my earlier ones were not. One Captain's Club bonus for that extortion, I received a double credit for that cruise which put me into Elite status one cruise sooner. In August we booked a veranda on Galaxy non-CC and have no regrets.

Hi, Priority Tendering is for elite members as wells as those

in CC Cabins.

I have elite status and when booking a shore excursion

you have a different area to wait in (example~Michael's

Club, rather than the Theater) and you are taken to

the gangway in a separate group to the tenders.

"How do you get priority tender is it automatic if you have Conceigre "

How do you get priority tender is it automatic if you have Conceigre ? thank you

The two times I was in a concierge cabin the steward put them in my cabin the day before we got to the port we were tendering in.

Terri

For a couple weeks now the CC cabins on my Hawaii sailing in October have been priced less than all other balcony cabins. When I first booked the cruise a year out they were 500.00 more per person but we wanted an aft balcony so that's why we went with the CC. We have since gotten 400.00 off per person in price reductions so we are happily awaiting our first trip to Hawaii.

For a couple weeks now the CC cabins on my Hawaii sailing in October have been priced less than all other balcony cabins. When I first booked the cruise a year out they were 500.00 more per person but we wanted an aft balcony so that's why we went with the CC. We have since gotten 400.00 off per person in price reductions so we are happily awaiting our first trip to Hawaii.

Hi: we will be on the 10/26 sailing with you and have been booking cc cabins only because they are located where we prefer to be on the ship. Was pleasently suprised to find that we were paying 900 dollars less for this voyage than we paid in April 2006. Also was able to get a starboard room this time so we should be able to see the lava flow at night. On the last trip we sailed right past the volcano and never knew it was there, noticed that this time the ship is supposed to do a circle so that everyone can see it. Many of us complained that such a highlight went by without any notice, It would not have destroyed the no anouncement policy to make an execption for this major sight. I will be at the pool bar on deck 10 for sail-away time and will be wearing a Cruise Critic Hat.

Enjoy your Hawaii cruise, and especially the Aft cabin. We've cruised 4 times to Hawaii, and in Aft cabins. The views are wonderful, and you'll really the verandah. We did this cruise last Oct., and like you, saw the price decrease up to final payment time.

Karyn

Enjoy your Hawaii cruise, and especially the Aft cabin. We've cruised 4 times to Hawaii, and in Aft cabins. The views are wonderful, and you'll really the verandah. We did this cruise last Oct., and like you, saw the price decrease up to final payment time.

Karyn

Four cruises to Hawaii! How wonderful! Any words of wisdom from your travels?

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more, the aft verandah for two weeks or hawaii! We had a corner aft on Adventure of the Seas a few years ago and loved it. We'll see if the price goes down again, I check the price daily so time will tell.

Thanks, Kathy

Hi: we will be on the 10/26 sailing with you and have been booking cc cabins only because they are located where we prefer to be on the ship. Was pleasently suprised to find that we were paying 900 dollars less for this voyage than we paid in April 2006. Also was able to get a starboard room this time so we should be able to see the lava flow at night. On the last trip we sailed right past the volcano and never knew it was there, noticed that this time the ship is supposed to do a circle so that everyone can see it. Many of us complained that such a highlight went by without any notice, It would not have destroyed the no anouncement policy to make an execption for this major sight. I will be at the pool bar on deck 10 for sail-away time and will be wearing a Cruise Critic Hat.

Hi Bob,

Hope we made a good choice with our October sailing. Were there many Hawaiian theme activities on board during the trip? We tend to not get involved with many daytime events but would enjoy somthing Hawaiian. We've never had so many days at sea and look forward to relaxing on the way to and from Hawaii. Would love to any tips you care to share!

We'll look for you at the pool bar!!!

The activities were of the usual Celebrity laid back venue. They had a very good series of lectures on the Hawaiian Islands , it was given by Naturalist Leneh Trowbridge. After his prepared presentation he would spend a lot of time answering questions and giving advice as to saving your money while touring the islands (such as taking the local bus to see the Arazona Memorial and getting in quickly, not waiting for the organized tours to get assembled, I was able to get there and back to the ship in order to meet friends for lunch with time to spare. They also had a Hula Dance class for those that wanted to participate.

All in all we had a wonderful time on this trip, the service was excelent and the food enjoyable, the entertainment was ok we had seen most of the shows before on previous trips, it seems like they rotate the shows whenever we decide to take a different ship and the show follows us.:)

Hi everyone, we are booked on the Constellation for September 27 to Canada and New England. Anyone else going on that cruise?

We love the CC amenities. Pillow menu, duvet, spacious room, nice towels, etc. Just that extra touch! Also appreciate the options on the menu not available otherwise.

So, my question would be about the prices? I'm due to pay off the remaining $$ in July.........what is the reason prices go down?

Thanks....first time post here!

terieee

Hi everyone, we are booked on the Constellation for September 27 to Canada and New England. Anyone else going on that cruise?

We love the CC amenities. Pillow menu, duvet, spacious room, nice towels, etc. Just that extra touch! Also appreciate the options on the menu not available otherwise.

So, my question would be about the prices? I'm due to pay off the remaining $$ in July.........what is the reason prices go down?

Thanks....first time post here!

terieee

Hi, no~prices don't automatically go down.

The reason they would...that would be supply and demand.

If cabins are not selling they may reduce it but to be honest

prices can up as well.

I was looking at a cruise in Sept on Mercury and the price

just went up:rolleyes: but if I had booked it earlier I would have

gotten the lower price....too bad on me:eek:

Booked on the 10/23/07 to Canada and N. England and I keep checking to see if there is any change in pricing. So far, it has gone up since we booked! Hoping to see some drop in pricing. Time will tell. Most of the verandas are sold out so we will have to see what happens with the ocean view cabins.

MARAPRINCE

Archived