Mercury

Duncan J

I am thinking of going on Mercury on a cruise to Aukland from Sydney. What I want to know is has anyone done this cruise and could they answer my questions as Celebrity are as helpful as a pile of ....

1) Milford Sound (Tendered) how does this work? Does everyone have a chance to cruise the sound or a selected few?

2) Dunedin, if I do not go on their excursion is there a free shuttle bus laid on to take us into the town?

2) Christchurch, if I do not go on their excursion is there a free shuttle bus laid on to take us into the town as it is 12km away from the Port?

Thank you all in advance.

Dunc

I am thinking of going on Mercury on a cruise to Aukland from Sydney. What I want to know is has anyone done this cruise and could they answer my questions as Celebrity are as helpful as a pile of ....

1) Milford Sound (Tendered) how does this work? Does everyone have a chance to cruise the sound or a selected few?

The ship cruises the sound (as well as Dusky and Doubtful Sounds). The "tendered" likely refers to only those who are getting off the ship for the overland (and pricey) excursions that rejoin the ship in Christchurch or Wellington.

2) Dunedin, if I do not go on their excursion is there a free shuttle bus laid on to take us into the town?

Not likely but you never know. The shuttle probably will run ~$5 US each way.

2) Christchurch, if I do not go on their excursion is there a free shuttle bus laid on to take us into the town as it is 12km away from the Port?

Same answer as above. Shuttle was $5 US each way.

Thank you all in advance.

Dunc

No one can answer specifically about X Down Under since they havent been there yet, but the above answers should apply from our Sapphire Princess experience last month.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise if you decide!

You may also want to access the the Austrailian and New Zealand threads, on the main board. We're also on Mercury next Feb. for a B2B, and I've really found a lot of great information there. When is your cruise?

Karyn

Archived