Sovereign Room Questions...

For our January Sovereign cruise our group is booked on the 4th deck close to the elevators. For what it's worth, we're sort of behind the elevator whereas our friends are a few doors down toward the bulk of the rooms in the hall. How loud can we expect this area to be? I understand it's high traffic...but can you hear everything? Or just went folks are being overly loud? Is there a wall separating the elevators?

Also, since we're on the fourth deck, it appears that we can access the Purser's Square easily from where we are. Is this all open to deck four, or do you have to go through a series of doors to help filter out the noise? (not sure if I'm making any sense here!)

Some advice, not trying to sound mean or anything but you just gave us your cabin number AND the in your sig the date you are sailing, you may not want to do that. The pursers is down a flight of stairs and far enougha way that I do not think you will hear things from that area so I think you will be okay. The Sov is a nice ship and we did not hear anything from the hallway at all! We were on deck nine and never heard a peep from the hallway, it was very quiet!

For our January Sovereign cruise our group is booked on the 4th deck close to the elevators. For what it's worth, we're sort of behind the elevator whereas our friends are a few doors down toward the bulk of the rooms in the hall. How loud can we expect this area to be? I understand it's high traffic...but can you hear everything? Or just went folks are being overly loud? Is there a wall separating the elevators?

Also, since we're on the fourth deck, it appears that we can access the Purser's Square easily from where we are. Is this all open to deck four, or do you have to go through a series of doors to help filter out the noise? (not sure if I'm making any sense here!)

I have stayed in that exact location (and since you removed the cabin number, *perhaps* in the same cabin). The Purser's Desk IS on the same deck (sorry, veryhotred), and it's actually very convenient.

The cabins are behind a large wall and office space, then behind a wall that separates the elevator lobby from the cabin corridor. Since you have cabins above and below you, there's no noise that way, either.

It's not "high traffic" - the only people who will be near your cabins are other Deck 4 cabinholders.

The only noise you will have is if you have noisy neighbors. ;)

I have stayed in that exact location (and since you removed the cabin number, *perhaps* in the same cabin). The Purser's Desk IS on the same deck (sorry, veryhotred), and it's actually very convenient.

The cabins are behind a large wall and office space, then behind a wall that separates the elevator lobby from the cabin corridor. Since you have cabins above and below you, there's no noise that way, either.

It's not "high traffic" - the only people who will be near your cabins are other Deck 4 cabinholders.

The only noise you will have is if you have noisy neighbors. ;)

I know the pursers is on deck four but I meant it is down some stairs, like a few stairs. When you get off the set of elevators you go down the stairs and passed the little sitting area and B & J's, etc..then on the right is the purser's...sorry, I didn't mean it was down stairs as in a whole flight ;)

Im right below OP on deck 3, so Im guessing easy access to the Purser's desk. It sounds like you have to go there each time you want to access your safe deposit box right? I read since there are no room safes you have to rent a safe deposit box from the purser's desk, so looks like Ill be back and forth on port days.

I know the pursers is on deck four but I meant it is down some stairs, like a few stairs. When you get off the set of elevators you go down the stairs and passed the little sitting area and B & J's, etc..then on the right is the purser's...sorry, I didn't mean it was down stairs as in a whole flight ;)

Actually, no, veryhotred. That half set of steps is from the "tween" deck, Deck 6, to Deck 5, which is where B&J and Lattetudes are.

Purser's Desk is on Deck 4, a totally flat :D deck with normal stairs up to 5 and down to 3.

:)

Actually, no, veryhotred. That half set of steps is from the "tween" deck, Deck 6, to Deck 5, which is where B&J and Lattetudes are.

Purser's Desk is on Deck 4, a totally flat :D deck with normal stairs up to 5 and down to 3.

Yes,indeedy!! (funny,I can picture it right now in my head).I so want to be there NOW!

Question....exactly why would one think it is unsafe to list ones cabin number if I all I know is the CCer screen name?? What could I do??:confused: :confused:

Yes,indeedy!! (funny,I can picture it right now in my head).I so want to be there NOW!

Question....exactly why would one think it is unsafe to list ones cabin number if I all I know is the CCer screen name?? What could I do??:confused: :confused:

Quite a while ago, a certain somewhat unpopular poster had let his cabin number be known on his roll call. Someone who objected to this poster's attitude about certain subjects began to stalk and semi-threaten this poster.

So, there are bad people out there, and some of them are even on Cruise Critic. :(

Quite a while ago, a certain somewhat unpopular poster had let his cabin number be known on his roll call. Someone who objected to this poster's attitude about certain subjects began to stalk and semi-threaten this poster.

So, there are bad people out there, and some of them are even on Cruise Critic. :(

I understand(I too was harassed and threatened by someone).they knew my info(not my cabin..just my ship and date)...I wound up cancelling it....then rebooking it after I made RCCL aware of it and they assured me they had brigs onboard.

It is a sick world out there:mad:

Well okay then..I will shutup..lol..sorry, thought I knew what I was talking about *not trying to sound bitter* :) Hey I do know this...there is a BEAUTIFUL ring in the jewelry store on board on want if someone wants to get it for me..lol..

Archived