All Things Enchantment of the Seas

You are too funny!

How about this... I'm jealous of the fare you are paying!:D

Because my BIL delayed on a decision we are in the only cabin for 3 people that was left on the ship and there was no going on another date.:cool: Hello OS, goodbye savings.:eek:

But I do have to admit to extreme claustrophobia, so I'd be stuck in a higher fare no matter what.:(

I see you are almost into single digits countdown! I am excited for you and to read your review! I am sailing a few weeks after you with my DD and DS in a corner aft JS, on deck 7 (again)... can't wait, but hate to wish the summer away!

You will have a wonderful time!

A~

We have 8670 for our cruise in September. First time back to RCI in 12 years, we have been sailing on Celebrity. From what I've seen 8670 looks like a great cabin, it will be our first time in an aft cabin. Any comments on it would be appreciated.

John

We really enjoyed this cabin.. balcony was a nice size..and had some shade towards the back so you could get out of the sun if you wanted.. there was a love seat & a small chair for seating and TONS of storage.. the only bad thing.. we had a tendenacy to flood the bathroom.. the shower curtain doesn't go around the back of the tub so the water would collect on the ledge there & then run on the floor.. it was apparently an ongoing problem as they were replacing some of the wood flooring in front of the bathroom door the day we boarded..

Just off the Enchantment this morning! Sad to see it end, met some great folks - Hi to Jean and Rich - forgot to get your email!!

Julian is still in Concierge Lounge - very entertaining!

For those who are wondering - no, the Enchantment has not yet had the suite refurbishment - older furniture and no flat screen tv's yet - but hopefully soon - still very nice.

Robyn and Chris

Oh - and for the person who asked about CHOPS - we ate there at 6:30 the first night and had the place to ourselves on a fully booked ship!! I did hear that all of the other nights had sold out though. It was Wonderful!! I would HIGHLY recommend eating here your first night. We had time afterwards to see the pre-dinner show and make our second seating dining (8:30) so that we could meet our waiters, etc (just had a little snack and coffee). They do say allow 2 hours, but since it was the first seating for Chops and the place was empty, we were out in time for the 7:45 show.

We (myself, husband and family members including our 2 year old granddaughter) will be cruising EOS in 3 weeks. We plan to take a taxi to the port. There will be 6 adults plus the 2 year old. First of all: is this physically possible to accomplish in 1 taxi (van type), and will we be required to have a car seat for the 2 year old? Does anyone know what the cab fare will be? Thank you so much for your help! We are very excited!

We (myself, husband and family members including our 2 year old granddaughter) will be cruising EOS in 3 weeks. We plan to take a taxi to the port. There will be 6 adults plus the 2 year old. First of all: is this physically possible to accomplish in 1 taxi (van type), and will we be required to have a car seat for the 2 year old? Does anyone know what the cab fare will be? Thank you so much for your help! We are very excited!

I'd say two taxis for your group will likely be necessary.

Fortunately, Port Everglades is a whopping 5 minutes from the airport so at least you won't have too bad a fare bill.

Try to get in early though. Same day flying can be a real pain for any ship. When we sailed last year on Enchantment, we spent two days knocking around Ft Lauderdale before the cruise. Hertz hauled us back to the pier when we dropped off the rental. We didn't even ask, they just did it. Good service!

Soak it up and enjoy, Enchantment is a great ship. I couldn't care less if her furnishings are a little old, I'm only in the cabin to sleep and change anyhow!

Wife and I were on the July 7 cruise, too. We ate at Chops on Wednesday (Cozumel night) at 8:30...only 4 tables were in use so it was pretty light. Excellent as always!

We were thinking of booking Chops on Tuesday night (Cayman Night), I heard formal night was on Monday. (This being the 5 nighter that goes to Grand Cayman & Cozumel). Would Tuesday be a good night to avoid the main dining room menu? Thanks, Bill

We had 6 total (2a, 4c) and did fit in the van no problem. There was a seat up next to the driver we didnt use.. dont know if we could have. Also, our son was 4.. didnt bring a booster seat. But they did say he should have had one but we were only going to the hotel (RIGHT by the pier) and then to the pier the next day

We had 6 total (2a, 4c) and did fit in the van no problem. There was a seat up next to the driver we didnt use.. dont know if we could have. Also, our son was 4.. didnt bring a booster seat. But they did say he should have had one but we were only going to the hotel (RIGHT by the pier) and then to the pier the next day

Thank you for your help! We don't want to bring any more than we have to (the car seat) since we will be driving a mere 5 minutes to the port. Do you happen to remember what the van cost you and do you think 6 adults and 1 child could fit in it or should we just take 2 taxis?

Thanks again!

Kidnk9

Have you considered Joeysafe? It is a cloth like carseat that is worn as a harness and the harness is then buckeled. Kind of hard to explain. See the weblink.

My kids are 6 and 7 and I will be using them as they are both still under 50 pounds which is the joeysafe weight limit.

It is also called the freedom rider:

http://www.joey-safe.com/

Kidnk9

Have you considered Joeysafe? It is a cloth like carseat that is worn as a harness and the harness is then buckeled. Kind of hard to explain. See the weblink.

My kids are 6 and 7 and I will be using them as they are both still under 50 pounds which is the joeysafe weight limit.

It is also called the freedom rider:

http://www.joey-safe.com/

I'm using another option similar to KandMGIn, the ride safer travel vest. Also meets federal standards (by a good margin, they actually cite the stats):

http://www.safetrafficsystem.com/

Wish I had seen the freedom rider before to compare.:(

Hey Jane...don't trash the ship before I show up!!! Maybe I'll see you as you disembark...:D

I checked out the travel vest...it looks like it is easier to put on than the freedom rider which is a bit complicated until you get the hang of it.

Hey Jane...don't trash the ship before I show up!!! Maybe I'll see you as you disembark...:D

I checked out the travel vest...it looks like it is easier to put on than the freedom rider which is a bit complicated until you get the hang of it.

I'll probably be frazzled by that point. Look for a plump Mom with her hair in a bun being dragged along by her asian DH and crazy 5 year old DD and it will be me. Any visits with my out-laws leave me exhausted. At least I don't have to worry about my MIL criticizing how I need to fix up my house...or do I...:eek:

TooFunny!!!

I will be the plump mom with the husband whos asleep while the two kids (oftern mistaken for twins even though they are 17 months apart) are beating on one another and mostly enjoying it!

TooFunny!!!

I will be the plump mom with the sleeping husband and two kids (oftern mistaken for twins even though they are 17 months apart) who are beating on one another and mostly enjoying it!

See, DH and BIL are 17 months or so apart and that is part of what I'm dreading. BIL STILL feels the need to compete with DH and DH still feels the need to egg him on and needle him. It will never end, I tell ya!;)

megnsamsgracie- Under a month to go for you.. Oh you lucky bum! :D

We can NOT wait.. DH's dad just passed away on the 5th.. so he needs a vacation! It will be nice.. this is the EXACT same cruise we did last year to celebrate our anniversary.. our FIRST cruise! Taking our friends on THEIR first cruise and their 30th wedding anniversary!

Pretty funny.. started cruising last August, then went in Dec with the kids, then again in May and now August again! I am hooked!

Thank you for your help! We don't want to bring any more than we have to (the car seat) since we will be driving a mere 5 minutes to the port. Do you happen to remember what the van cost you and do you think 6 adults and 1 child could fit in it or should we just take 2 taxis?

Thanks again!

If 1 adult sits upfront with the drive, you would be fine. We did 3 kids in the back row, 2A and 1C in the middle row and there was still the seat up front. Its like a chevy astro van, fits 8.

And from the airport to the hotel (on the causeway) was like $13.. from the airport to the cruiseport is around $15, depending on traffic.