All Things Enchantment of the Seas

Yes, Captain Rob was coming on yesterday as we got off. Also Captain Streko also said that he was going to Vision of the Seas when he came back from vacation unless something changed. He did not say who the other captain of the shp would be.

If you have ever been on Grandeur you will be comfortable on this ship. Chops is where the Singing in the Rain Lounge was, Bolarous was added during the stretch, I didn't notice a card room (thogh it may have been there) and of course a that means there is room for a concierge lounge on deck 8 (where the loyalty ambassador's lounge is on Grander). The loyalty ambassador's lounge has moved down to deck 7.

When are you on in December? We'll be back December 18th. Maybe we'll get to meet you on board.

Carly was great. Very high energy. This past cruise had quite a bit of rough weather. She and her staff did a great job of rearranging events and changing things when the weather didn't permit outside activities. Also, the weather didn't permit the illustionist (or at least his full act). It had to be postponed from Thursday becuse of weather and then Friday's weather was worse. Not sure what they came up with (we tend to do other things around the ship) but a show went on last minute.

Edited by pjlee3333

Yes, Captain Rob was coming on yesterday as we got off. Also Captain Streko also said that he was going to Vision of the Seas when he came back from vacation unless something changed. He did not say who the other captain of the shp would be.

If you have ever been on Grandeur you will be comfortable on this ship. Chops is where the Singing in the Rain Lounge was, Bolarous was added during the stretch, I didn't notice a card room (thogh it may have been there) and of course a that means there is room for a concierge lounge on deck 8 (where the loyalty ambassador's lounge is on Grander). The loyalty ambassador's lounge has moved down to deck 7.

When are you on in December? We'll be back December 18th. Maybe we'll get to meet you on board.

Carly was great. Very high energy. This past cruise had quite a bit of rough weather. She and her staff did a great job of rearranging events and changing things when the weather didn't permit outside activities. Also, the weather didn't permit the illustionist (or at least his full act). It had to be postponed from Thursday becuse of weather and then Friday's weather was worse. Not sure what they came up with (we tend to do other things around the ship) but a show went on last minute.

We will be boarding on December 27 for the New Year's Cruise. We've never been on the Grandeur, but we have been on Splendour so we should know our way around since Enchantment's stretch marks are in the mid section.:D

Yes, the Concierge Lounge on Enchantment has to be one of the nicest in the fleet, and our dear friend Reyno is the Concierge on board now.

Edited by cruisenfever

• 4 months later...

I was looking into taking this ship out of Baltimore on the 6 night Bermuda. I was wondering how the kids club is on this ship. I will be taking my two young kids ages 10 and 6. This will be there first cruise and I just want to make sure that they will have plenty to do.

I saw the kids a LOT more than I have on other ships. That is, I am normally used to the kids being so busy that they aren't even seen, they are kept occupied with activities and such. But on Enchantment, there were kids everywhere...that's all the info I have on that.

I'm just off Enchantment on 4/2/11. The lounge was very nice and Reyno the concierge was wonderful. But-it was always so hot in there that we never stayed long. We would go get drinks and snacks and go back to our room. Don't know why this was the case but it was really hot in there. There are lots of windows but the sun was never shining in that direction when we were there and it was still hot.

Hi, I noticed from your review that you stayed in the RFS, that is the room I am booked in for May to Bermuda. Were there any fruit baskets or cheese trays left in the room, I read previously that some suites received those "or something similar" daily. I was going to buy the fruit/cheese basket, but, wanted to make sure there was not already something like that left in the cabin. Thank you in advance.

We were in RFS 8666 corner aft. We had a complimentary large bottle of water in the room and we are Diamond so we had the basket of nuts, cookies and dried fruit along with 2 sodas. (very small bags). We got something on each of the 2 formal nights. But not cheese and crackers. One time it was chocolate covered strawberries (6) and the next it was 5 or 6 petit fours.

There were plenty of munchies in the concierge lounge each evening and each day there was a variety of small sandwiches there you could get for lunch.

I'm just off Enchantment on 4/2/11. The lounge was very nice and Reyno the concierge was wonderful. But-it was always so hot in there that we never stayed long. We would go get drinks and snacks and go back to our room. Don't know why this was the case but it was really hot in there. There are lots of windows but the sun was never shining in that direction when we were there and it was still hot.

Dixieva (or anyone who can help) -

In a GS or OS - is there any regular height dining table? I'm trying to figure out dining arrangements (my DH has severe shellfish allergies and it appears based on a few menus I've seen - that on formal night, we'll probably have to eat in the suite to be safe).

If memory serves, on Explorer there was only the coffee table which made dining an issue.

If anyone can help on this, it would be appreciated!

Thanks.

We were in RFS 8666 corner aft. We had a complimentary large bottle of water in the room and we are Diamond so we had the basket of nuts, cookies and dried fruit along with 2 sodas. (very small bags). We got something on each of the 2 formal nights. But not cheese and crackers. One time it was chocolate covered strawberries (6) and the next it was 5 or 6 petit fours.

There were plenty of munchies in the concierge lounge each evening and each day there was a variety of small sandwiches there you could get for lunch.

Great, thank you. Will be in the "other" corner aft, we have 5, so hopefully they are nice and roomy. Thanks, first time cruise for the kids, so thought I would add the fruit/cheese basket on arrival as something special for them.

• 2 weeks later...
Dixieva (or anyone who can help) -

In a GS or OS - is there any regular height dining table? I'm trying to figure out dining arrangements (my DH has severe shellfish allergies and it appears based on a few menus I've seen - that on formal night, we'll probably have to eat in the suite to be safe).

If memory serves, on Explorer there was only the coffee table which made dining an issue.

If anyone can help on this, it would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Just off 4/16/11 sailing. In GS 8534 and midship RFS 8052, only coffee tables. Also on the GS balcony a higher tiny circular table.

John and Katrina Blair are now whatever they call them (director and activities director).

Captain Gus is the captain.

Pietro DelGrande is acting for two months as the concierge. A real sweetheart, if it is a "step up" from his hotel staff duties, I hope he gets a post permanently somewhere.

Edited by elhenry

• 2 months later...
Can someone tell me what is the white area just above cabin # 2108? Is it a steward closet or something? I am trying to assess the potential noise level.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=EN&shipProfile=1371

Thanks!

Because that's right at the elevators, I believe it's just a blank wall, but don't quote me on that. However, you will find the elevators to provide noise - more so than a steward closet. I've never found those to be noisy, but the elevators can be. *ding* every so often.

Having been on enchantment 4 times I find it to be among my favorite ship. we have also been on mariner and sovereign several times. for our next cruise we are going to book the jewel of the seas. The new bedding on enchantment is fabulous. The last time we were on her, (may 20, 2007) we had a JS on the aft and was an excellent cabin with a very huge balcony. :)

Have fun.. you will LOVE the enchantment.:)

Our 3rd cruise on the Enchantment is next month. It's definitely special!

We are returning to RCCI/Enchantment after several years on Celebrity. From what I read, there are some new benefits for suite passengers that did not exist when last I set foot on an RCCL ship. I also read that the availablity of these amenities can vary by ship. I am most interested in knowing if there are reserved areas for suite passengers by the pool, in the Windjammer and in the theatre. If so, are these areas usually crowded.

Another question- One of the things that drove us away from RCCL was the numerous announcements throughout the day. Has there been any reduction in the frequency of these?

Thanks.

Edited by Straughn

We are returning to RCCI/Enchantment after several years on Celebrity. I am most interested in knowing if there are reserved areas for suite passengers by the pool, in the Windjammer and in the theatre. If so, are these areas usually crowded.

Another question- One of the things that drove us away from RCCL was the numerous announcements throughout the day. Has there been any reduction in the frequency of these?

Thanks.

I was on Enchantment last week. No reserved areas in the Solarium area.

I didn't notice any by the outdoor pools either, as I had seen on some other RCL ships. No reserved areas in the Windjammer either. It was

pretty crowded most of the time.

I have sailed once on Celebrity and it had its share of announcements too.

There were the usual bingo announcements, and Capt. Gus from the Bridge in his daily reports. I didn't think that there were any more

than I had heard on other ships.

The ship was in good shape. I had read posts about 'odors' but never

smelled any in the public areas, and none in my cabin.

Very nice crew, especially in the Windjammer.

We are returning to RCCI/Enchantment after several years on Celebrity. From what I read, there are some new benefits for suite passengers that did not exist when last I set foot on an RCCL ship. I also read that the availablity of these amenities can vary by ship. I am most interested in knowing if there are reserved areas for suite passengers by the pool, in the Windjammer and in the theatre. If so, are these areas usually crowded.

Thanks.

There is reserved chairs for the pool area, but it was a waste, not even being near (or same deck) as the pool. I hope they change that before our next cruise.

There is reserved seating in the theater. All the way in the back. Not very good IMO, but the theater does get crowded and seats can be hard to come by so it's nice to know you have something reserved.

Can't tell you about the windjammer, never eat there. But on other ships Suite guests can eat in one of the specialty restaurants when the windjammer gets busy. Enchantment has a Chops Grill, but it is not near the windjammer. So I would guess the answer is no.

The Concierge Lounge on the Enchantment is one of the best I have seen from other ships. It's near the suites, (same deck) and one wall is entire glass looking out over the ocean. There is always a small crowd (it's a small ship) so it is very personable. Everybody knows your name.

Debarkation, all Suite Guests met in the CL and the Concierge walked us off the ship, the first off.

We have been on the Enchantment twice, and will be again. All 3 times in a GS.

Edited by B-52

I will be on this ship in December 2011.

I really want to know if there is self-serve coffee/tea available 24/7? I don't want to have to pay for that if I want it at odd hours...

My son wants to know if there is a soft-serve ice cream machine, like there was on the Carnival Pride. And if not, is there any ice cream available at the Windjammer Cafe (that is the name of the buffet/food court right?) and is it available 24/7? (yes, we are night owls) :cool:

Does the enclosed pool in the solarium stay warm enough that you could swim in it in December on the first 2 days of the cruise?? Is the pool salt water, or chlorine? Are kids allowed in the solarium area or is this the "adult" pool?

I read that the ship has theme nights, like 70's night etc, where people can dress up? Do they still do that on this ship?