question on inside cabin, need advice please

crissyp

can someone tell me if a large suitcase can fit under the bed in an inside cabin? I have four teen fours staying in an inside, and I'm just sitting here thinking of all those girls are going to bring. I originally told them to bring duffle bags, but maybe 3 of them should bring suitcases so they will be able to leave alot of their clothes right in the suitcase.

What do you think??

thanks,

Crissy

can someone tell me if a large suitcase can fit under the bed in an inside cabin? I have four teen fours staying in an inside, and I'm just sitting here thinking of all those girls are going to bring. I originally told them to bring duffle bags, but maybe 3 of them should bring suitcases so they will be able to leave alot of their clothes right in the suitcase.

What do you think??

thanks,

Crissy

It is a great idea but some large suitcases do not fit under the bed. It has nothing to do with how high or wide the suitcase is but with the depth of the suitcase. There is not enough clearance under the bed for some suitcases to fit underneath.

I think if two packed in suitcases, two in duffle bags, there wouldn't be a problem. Since there are four in the cabin, that will mean two twins available for storage under the beds. Duffles could be stored one suitcase and one duffle under each.

Trying to get in and out of luggage all the time could be a disaster waiting to happen with that many in an inside cabin.

I am sure they will have a great time, they will find a way.

can someone tell me if a large suitcase can fit under the bed in an inside cabin?

Six cruises, four with inside cabins. Our suitcases have always fit under the bed. The standard size will fit. A huge suitcase wouldn't...but the standard sizes are fine.

When we were on the Crown in a balcony room, one of our suitcases didn't fit under the bed (it was a hard case bag). We put it in the closet, there was plenty of room for it there.

The closests are a pretty good size -just ask for more hangers for their clothing, you should have a decent amount of hanging room for their clothing.

thanks for the quick replies....I think I'm going to suggest two of them pack in suitcases, and two use duffle bags. Hey, it will be a mess anyway, but maybe it will help:D

Crissy

Hi. I'll be on the Crown Princess on 7/23. I posted a question on the tips for cabin selection on this site and you posted that you would like to get info also.

I never received any other responses except for yours. I really wanted to get some info. This is my first cruise so I have so many questions.

Have you every stayed in an inside room before? Is it really dark as some people say all day long? I plan on bring a nite light with me, will that be enough? My great nephew is only 7 so I don't want him tripping over everything to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Any info you can give will help.

Hi. I'll be on the Crown Princess on 7/23. I posted a question on the tips for cabin selection on this site and you posted that you would like to get info also.

I never received any other responses except for yours. I really wanted to get some info. This is my first cruise so I have so many questions.

Have you every stayed in an inside room before? Is it really dark as some people say all day long? I plan on bring a nite light with me, will that be enough? My great nephew is only 7 so I don't want him tripping over everything to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Any info you can give will help.

Not crissyp but I have a suggestion. Since there is no way for light to get into an inside cabin it will be dark all day and all night. If you leave your TV on the ships camera, you can turn the sound down if you wish, you will still get a view of where the ship is headed and still be able to tell whether it is daylight or dark outside.

We were able to stow our two suitcases and a couple of large plastic crates under our beds in our inside cabin on the Island Princess. The rest (our kid's booster seat, etc) went in the closet. But I guess the bed's heights may be different on different ships or even on the same ship.

We have used the tv trick (put it on the bridge cam station). Also, we leave the bathroom light on and the door ajar. You can also give each person a flashlight to use.

can someone tell me if a large suitcase can fit under the bed in an inside cabin?.....

We have been on seven different ships, and have found that every bed has had the same clearance under the bed.

We have a VERY large suitcase that is 14” deep. This monster has just cleared the bed rail, but DID fit. Anything shorter than 14” will fit without a problem.

With four teens and only two bed to put suitcases under, I would agree it is a challenge. One solution is for two of the teens to have smaller suitcases that fit into the other two. With four, they will be pushed for drawer and closet space, so trying to keep anything extra out of the closet would be preferred.

Having the cabin steward store them is another possibility.

We have a soft sided bag on wheels that is huge. It's actually about an inch over the max for airlines. (We haven't been caught yet!) It fits under the bed just fine.

People laugh at me but I make up a spreadsheet showing what to wear on what day. It especially helps on our 10 day cruises. Maybe the girls could share luggage and have 2 of them pack the first half of the cruise clothing in one bag together and the second half in another. Then they could unpack the first bag and wear those clothes, mid week throw all the dirty clothes back into that bag and unpack their second bag. Just an idea.

Crissy,

My husband and I stay in inside cabins and LOVE it. It not only allows us the affordability of cruising more often, but it allows for naps in the middle of the day that are wonderful. There will be lights on the sides of the bed that have acted like night lights for us. I've always brought the night light but use the one next to the bed because it allows to dim it. You will have a great time regardless. You could always leave the bathroom light on which will allow for light peeking through the door. :-) Guide the way for your nephew. :-)

I also bring a digital alarm clock with me, I find that I take more naps during the day if i dont know what time it is. Often I have slept through dinner! I dont mind naps, but I also dont want to sleep away my cruise!

The TV trick works really well, I leave it on all night actually. I like the glow from the TV when I am sleeping personally, and then I can see it lighten when dawn arrives!

I too have never had a problem with nesting and sliding the suitcases, but I for sure would not recommened using them to store stuff getting in and out. That will be a nightmare, imo.

The closets are very generous, and we also have utilized the shelf under the bathroom sink for toiletry bags and bathing suits (I think the bathroom space will be the biggest problem.). Make sure to bring an over the door shoe holder for peoples bathroom items. You can even bring two, and use on in the closet area for shoes.

Other side notes...Might I suggest a pad of post-its to leave notes for each other on the door, since everyone will be scattered around the ship! And please remind everyone to save their recipets in one place (like a basket on the shelf by the TV) and have them put their daily recipets in it ALWAYS! It is easy to forgot what one bought, and the ship does make mistakes.

Have a great cruise! Casey

Casey

We have just returned from a cruise on the Crown Princess. We found that sufficient light came under the door to 'see' our way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Also the 2 bright green lights in the cabins lit up the room a little. My husband told me they were movement detectors to check for occupancy. Does anyone know if this is true ?

We did not have any space at all for a suitcase under the bed, but were able to stack them flat in the corner of the walk-in wardrobe.

newcruise1....I'll make sure to write a trip review when we come home, and let you know how the girls made out with the inside cabin.

This will be my first princess cruise also, ( I've only cruised once b4 on Disney and that was only 4 nights). I have found so so much valuable information right here on cruise critic. I really feel like I'm totally prepared for this trip. 9 days is a long time and takes alot of planning. If you need to ask me anything, I'll do my best to answer:D

And thanks to everyone for all the helpful hints on how to cram 4 19 yr old girls in an inside cabin....lol!!! I'm sure this is going to be interesting.

Another poster mentioned that suitcases could not be placed under the bed of an inside cabin on the Crown:eek: For all you other posters saying it is possible, where you actually on the Crown?????

Sure would love to know for sure..

thanks,

Crissy

Archived