2007/2008 Cruises QE2

rjms74

Is it fair to assume that apart from the obvious mass booking for the 'final voyages on QE2' at the end of 2008, won't all other cruises left for 07 & 08 start to fill up fairly quickly now as many people whether repeat passengers or newcomers to Cunard try to get onboard during the final year of cruises?

My travel agent has advised that as all cruises start to fill up they will be capacity controlled and discounts withdrawn + fares will go up in line with demand!

I had booked the April 2008 ebound crossing but am about to change this to a May 08 Med cruise for 12 nights - this being my last & 8th cruise on QE2 just had to be more days onboard even though I love the crossings!! Suppose I'll have to very reluctantly take the QM2 now if I want to do a crossing!!! Am not a fan having tried it once!!!

Another thought is I wonder if the high levels of both food & service may drop as many crew members are transferred to either QV or QM2? & or the upkeep of the ship? If this happens it will be a great shame!!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Is it fair to assume that apart from the obvious mass booking for the 'final voyages on QE2' at the end of 2008, won't all other cruises left for 07 & 08 start to fill up fairly quickly now as many people whether repeat passengers or newcomers to Cunard try to get onboard during the final year of cruises?

Another thought is I wonder if the high levels of both food & service may drop as many crew members are transferred to either QV or QM2? & or the upkeep of the ship? If this happens it will be a great shame!!!

This has crossed my mind, too. We went on the Caronia in her last summer with Cunard. Upkeep was excellent because keeping her in good shape was part of the deal with Saga. However, QM2 had just skimmed off the best staff, particularly waiters. This left Caronia with service that was not the best. Not horrible, just not good. I recall that the buffet waiters only seemed to know how to clear tables. Bringing around the coffee was a major task for them. Cruise director, pursers, etc were great, just the waiters were bad. We have two sailings booked already, and I'm thinking about one of the 'farewells.' I'd hate to have my last trip on QE2 diminished because they sent off the best to QV, and pulled in anyone off the street to fill jobs at the end.

I expect a lot of bookings in response to the news, which will probably mean not much hope of upgrades for those of us already booked.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Lets hope not JRMS74, like you say it would be a shame to let standards slip. :(

Perhaps in the UK to a certain extent, to a lesser extent in the AU market... and all fairly quiet on the western front. (US)

One needs to keep in mind as much as some of us love her, she's still a niche ship.

I'm fairly certain that with the recent announcement that we'll see all QE2 cruises from now until the final one sold out before the summer is over. There's been a lot of interest in its final days - just take a look at the explosion of threads on this website and just from the general talk out there. Those who can't book a "final voyage" will try one of the others that are left. I say book now or else. I predict a QE2 booking is going to be a hard thing to make in a few month's time.

David

David

Archived