Will someone share photos of Costa Maya?

2PinaColadas

Tapas was (is) one of the many bars/restaurants alng the road on the beach. It was recommended by others in CC. They treated us very well! However, I have heard that they are no longer in business. I'm not sure if that is true or not. A friend of mine recently went to Majahaul and had excellent service at the Cat's Meow. You might want to give them a try.

Both of these places, plus more are right along the one road that runs along the beach. Just keep walking when the taxi's let you out until you find the place you want. Then pick a spot on the beach and the servers will bring you anythng you want. The Tapas people made sure we had a great table in the shade. They only asked that we order form them when we wanted something - a fair deal!:)

We sent some of our party ahead to snag us a spot as my DD wanted to shop a bit in the port before going to the beach. We told them to find a place called "Tapas Bar" and we had no problem finding them even though we had never been there before. Of course my DD later found exactly what she wanted in Majahaul for much cheaper than what she paid in Costa Maya!:rolleyes:

I love Costa Maya and Majahaul is great. Tapas is excellent for there food and service, just remember what you order because they like to put things on your bill that not yours. I was there last year and I remember very well what we had order and they put in an extra $30 bucks. There were also other people there that the same thing happen to them. We will be there again for New Years, just can't ger enough of Costa Maya. Oh I forgot you can get a full body 1 hour massage on the beach for 25 dollars...Thats a must have....

It is really simple. Costa Maya is the made up name for the cruise port. The port has a shopping village next to the pier. Majahual is the actual name of the fishing village nearby about 1 mile away.

They dont rent the Wave Runners at the pier in the port, you have to go into the village for that. Rental cost varies, I have seen it as cheap as $10 and expensive as $60 for 1/2 hour.

They dont have any Seadoos for rent. The one guy who tried it shut down his business because they were constantly breaking down. You can see his units on an empty lot as you go into the village. Most of the vendors uses Yamaha Wave Runners because they are more reliable. Seadoos keep me in business and allows me to take most of my cruises because of all the repairs. :)

The generic term for the units is Personal Watercraft or PWC. The following are brand trademarks Kawasaki=Jetski; Yamaha=WaveRunners; Bombardier=Seadoo; Arctic Cat=Tigershark; and Polaris Industries=Polaris.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am not familiar with any of the PWC but appears that you know a lot about them so I would like to ask for your opinion or advice ( and sorry it is not on the topic). My nephew is looking at 2006 Aqua Trac F12 with 25 hours on it - it was used on lease by Coast Guard and now is back at the dealer for sale (7500 dol) - is this a good PWC or should he stay away from it ?

Wes

Hi Dave,

I am not familiar with any of the PWC but appears that you know a lot about them so I would like to ask for your opinion or advice ( and sorry it is not on the topic). My nephew is looking at 2006 Aqua Trac F12 with 25 hours on it - it was used on lease by Coast Guard and now is back at the dealer for sale (7500 dol) - is this a good PWC or should he stay away from it ?

Wes

There were 3 versions of the F12 that year. Here is the current NADA pricing:

F12 $7000-$7900

F12X $7700-$8220

F12 GPScape $8240-$9330

If the price includes the trailer and tax, it would be a good deal.

The problem with the Hondas is there are very few dealers able to work on them because of Honda's policy. They are requiring all multi-line dealers to build a seperate building with Honda Only sales, parts, and service staff. Most dealers refused to go along with their request and did not take on the Aquatrax line. The machines seem to be pretty good.

Just never accidently sink your Honda. The service manual states:

1. Drain water from hull

2. Rebuild engine

3. Replace turbo charger.

Dave

Dave, thank you for your response and the information.

The model was just the F12 ( not sure if trailer was included)and with so few hours is like new with full warranty. I will pass on the information to my nephew and I do not know what he will do.

Thank you again.

Wes

Archived