B2B Cruises

When you do a back to back cruise, do you get the same cabin both times? Do you have to get off the ship and then check back in and get back on the ship, lugging all of your luggage around? Do they make it easier for you or is it a hassle?

Thanks!!

When you do a back to back cruise, do you get the same cabin both times? Do you have to get off the ship and then check back in and get back on the ship, lugging all of your luggage around? Do they make it easier for you or is it a hassle?

Thanks!!

Sometimes...

You can get the same cabin each time if it is available. It makes moving day less of a hassle because you don't have to pack or unpack. If you do choose (or have to settle) for different cabins, you will have to pack your stuff up to be moved to the next cabin. Your stateroom attendant should take care of that for you. If not, it's not a big deal to find help or do it yourself.

On some ships, you will get a letter delivered to your cabin during your first leg telling you the procedure. Sometimes, they don't and it really isn't that much of a problem to contact the customer relations area or loyalty ambassador and let them know that you are on a b2b and don't know what to do. Some ports have you leave the ship to check back in. Some don't. I don't know why RCI does not have standard processes for b2b cruises. Maybe it's because each port/authority is different, but I think they should standardize at least having written instructions available for each port.

We did not receive the letter, we got help from our steward and we did not have to leave the ship. The LA took care of our passports and checking us back in. It was no big thing but it is a big thing not leaving the ship while everyone else is! :D

When you do a back to back cruise, do you get the same cabin both times? Do you have to get off the ship and then check back in and get back on the ship, lugging all of your luggage around? Do they make it easier for you or is it a hassle? Thanks!!

We've booked one on the Navigator in January 2009 with the same cabin and we were told that we could leave the bags in the room. We will have to disembark with everyone else to go through customs but will be back on board in a flash, if we choose. We could probably spend the day touring and board in the afternoon. :p

We just did a B2B on Princess and I'm sure RCCI is about the same. The key is to ask for a room you can keep both weeks. We booked early enough that we had no problem getting the same room both weeks. We got a letter telling us to wait until 9:30 to get off the ship. They had delivered our new key cards the night before to our room. Used our old card to get off, spent a few hours in OSJ and then reboarded with our new card. Nothing to it. Worked so easy!!

back to backs have such a great feeling when everyone is packing and putting their luggage out in the hall and you are just snickering thinking dang I have another week and these guys are going home. We didn't leave the ship on the first leg until about 11:00 and then we had to leave and go through customs and then got back on the ship about noon when everyone else was getting on the ship. The only draw back to the Back 2 Back that I could see was the entertainment was the same and so was the menu. but we knew that going in.:)

I dont have the same cabin, one deck lower on the 2nd portion. So do I have to talk to the purser's desk. I have already been wondering how this is going to work. I just booked the 2nd portion yesterday. booked the first portion back in April.

So can we just talk to the purser's desk about putting the two suitcases in the other cabin before we get off the ship and go back thru customs? The only thing I am worried about leaving unattended is my laptop so Ill probably get off with it and just leave the two suitcases if Im allowed. Should I seek out the other cabin steward and ask him/her about moving the two suitcases into the cabin?

Thanks!!

We have done a few B2Bs with RCI and it is very easy. You do not have to lug your luggage at all. Check out this thread for a discussion on B2Bs.

Back-to-back on same ship

Enjoy :)

I dont have the same cabin, one deck lower on the 2nd portion. So do I have to talk to the purser's desk. I have already been wondering how this is going to work. I just booked the 2nd portion yesterday. booked the first portion back in April.

So can we just talk to the purser's desk about putting the two suitcases in the other cabin before we get off the ship and go back thru customs? The only thing I am worried about leaving unattended is my laptop so Ill probably get off with it and just leave the two suitcases if Im allowed. Should I seek out the other cabin steward and ask him/her about moving the two suitcases into the cabin?

The cabin stewards have always worked together so your new cabin is ready before you need to leave your old one. All of your stuff can be secure in your new cabin before you depart the ship....IOE before 10:00.

We talked to our cabin steward about leaving our luggage and he said that would be fine. We sought out our new cabin steward and he insisted on accompanying us back to our original cabin where he brought our luggage to the new cabin. Then we made our way to the pursers desk to seek information as we did not receive a letter in our cabin on the first leg with instructions. They told us to come back at 11:00 when everyone was off the ship. We found others that were hanging around the pursers desk that were also b2b'rs (On Majesty, they called us Repeaters) and they suggested we wait with them for the LA that had previously told them to wait in that sitting area.

Maybe your ship will have a letter with instructions for turnaround day.

We've booked one on the Navigator in January 2009 with the same cabin and we were told that we could leave the bags in the room. We will have to disembark with everyone else to go through customs but will be back on board in a flash' date=' if we choose. We could probably spend the day touring and board in the afternoon.[/color'] :p

I'm on that same B2B!!:D

We talked to our cabin steward about leaving our luggage and he said that would be fine. We sought out our new cabin steward and he insisted on accompanying us back to our original cabin where he brought our luggage to the new cabin. Then we made our way to the pursers desk to seek information as we did not receive a letter in our cabin on the first leg with instructions. They told us to come back at 11:00 when everyone was off the ship. We found others that were hanging around the pursers desk that were also b2b'rs (On Majesty, they called us Repeaters) and they suggested we wait with them for the LA that had previously told them to wait in that sitting area.

Maybe your ship will have a letter with instructions for turnaround day.

thanks both to you and petel.

We pack light, so probably will just each have one suitcase on wheels each and maybe a strapped bag or backpack so we could easily move it ourselves. We usually do self disembark. I just didnt want to have to take the one large suitcase off and check it to get it back on the ship.

thanks again.

thanks both to you and petel.

We pack light, so probably will just each have one suitcase on wheels each and maybe a strapped bag or backpack so we could easily move it ourselves. We usually do self disembark. I just didnt want to have to take the one large suitcase off and check it to get it back on the ship.

thanks again.

YW. I hope your 2 cruises are great!

Archived