5/05/07 "Serenade of the Seas" Solo Cruise

gamomluvs2cruise

I sailed on the "Serenade of the Seas" on a 7-day cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver, BC on May 5, 2007. This was my first solo cruise, and hopefully not my last! I loved every minute of it, from my day in San Francisco to my flight home! What a great ship and crew! I had great tablemates, wonderful servers, an attentive room steward, and a very special group of people that work in the Seaview Cafe'! The passengers were mostly in an age group that were older than me, but that didn't matter at all. I enjoyed many wonderful conversations and meals with many.

A few days before I left for this cruise, I began to worry that I may get lonely. The only time that I did get lonely was when I had to debark for my trip home!:(

I cannot wait for my next solo adventure in the future!:D Just maybe, it will be sooner than later!;)

Hi,:)

Just wanted to say I am glad you had such a good time:)

I sail solo all the time and it is always wonderful for me too!

I just booked 2 short b2b's in October:D....first leg is

3 nights, 2nd leg is 4 nights= 7;) going solo again.....I don't

think I would share a cabin again.

I just love having my own space as well as doing what I want,

when I want.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Gamom,

Sounds like you're hooked on solo cruising. Good for you! I like to hear when people have a great first experience.

My mother still "worries" about me going on cruises by myself. What she doesn't get is that you're never really alone, unless you go back to cabin. And sometimes I do that just to take a breather from all the other passengers and activity going on.

I honestly don't know if I could go back to sharing a cabin.

Roz

I didn't tell my Mom that I was even going until a few months before my trip. She reacted just as I thought she would. She said that she needed to have a talk with my husband, and that he wouldn't let me go if he loved me. I just laughed, and told her that the reason he doesn't mind me going is because he loves me and wants me to be happy!:) She was just worried about my safety.

Having a stateroom all to yourself is great! Next solo cruise is probably a while away, and will hopefully be longer than 7 days. A girl can dream!:D

I didn't tell my Mom that I was even going until a few months before my trip. She reacted just as I thought she would. She said that she needed to have a talk with my husband, and that he wouldn't let me go if he loved me. I just laughed, and told her that the reason he doesn't mind me going is because he loves me and wants me to be happy!:) She was just worried about my safety.

Having a stateroom all to yourself is great! Next solo cruise is probably a while away, and will hopefully be longer than 7 days. A girl can dream!:D

Hi, glad you explained things to your mom......sounds like

she might have some of her own issue problems ( I am not

saying that to sound disrespectful).

Happy to hear you enjoyed your cruise.

It's a great thing to branch out and cruise on your own and I'm glad you had such a good time. Although I remember family travel and travel with a husband is rewarding and enjoyable, the greatest thing to me about traveling alone is that there is nobody whining about or disagreeing with what I want to do LOL.

I feel almost selfish wanting my cabin to myself, but obviously I don't feel badly enough about it to include others :eek: . Glad you had a good time!!

Archived