Precruise Hotel Help

ministerb

The family and I (2 adults and 2 children) are booked on the FOS leaving from Miami next year (04/20/2008) and I'm now looking at hotels that are near that area. The problem is that there are sooooo many choices that my head is starting to spin and grey matter is coming out of my ears. lol :eek: Could my fellow cruise critics give me some helpful advise on some nice hotels near the port?

holiday inn port of miami... it's right across the street from the bayside marina, which is a nice way to get in the vacation mood... and if you get a room facing the port, you can see the ship first thing in the morning

The family and I (2 adults and 2 children) are booked on the FOS leaving from Miami next year (04/20/2008) and I'm now looking at hotels that are near that area. The problem is that there are sooooo many choices that my head is starting to spin and grey matter is coming out of my ears. lol :eek: Could my fellow cruise critics give me some helpful advise on some nice hotels near the port?

Another Holiday Inn person. ;)

This is the one I stay at also.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there before and as recently as last September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;) I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in September.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

The Holiday Inn by the Bayside Market is nice if you plan on only one night.

We have elected to stay at Miami Beach when we have two nights prior. We usually will book the Fontainbleau. It has a really nice pool area...right on the boardwalk and beach...always a nice way for us to decompress and be in cruise mode the moment we head for the ship.

It can be pricey...just watch for specials and deals. We have also had the fortune of being "upgraded" to oceanview rooms at no cost when we arrive and check in. I have found their staff to be very accomodating.

Plus it is within easy walking distance of a nice deli, Arnie & Richies, that we never grow tired of. It is an economically priced menu and the people are fantastic. Even got to dine in the facility with Willem DaFoe....wasn't that nice of him!;)

Another vote for the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We stayed here last year for 1 night when we went on Freedom and will be staying here again next year for our Freedom cruise. We had a room on the 10th floor with a great view of the port and the cruise ships. It is so convenient being across from the Bayside Marketplace and being able to walk over there. You don't want to be walking around Miami at night. Not safe. We had no problems with the elevators, as others have reported or getting a cab to the port. Have fun planning! Wanda

I second the Intercontinental, only a few hundred yards from Marketplace, not as near as Holiday Inn, also good, but a more elegant hotel, beautifully decorated, everything in marble. Makes you feel like a celebrity there and you can get a room for the same price by going to www dot easyclicktravel dot com for as low as $143.26. They have a gorgeous pool up on the 6th floor I believe that overlooks the pier and you can see your ship from there and have breakfast, lunch and diner in The Blue Water cafe up there. Really Kool!

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hotel/miaha?_requestid=124846 go and see

I would highly recommend the Intercontinental. It's a very nice hotel located right across the bridge that takes you to the Miami Cruise ship terminal. It is in walking distance of Bayside which has lots of shops and restaurant and is a fun place to walk around and it is right near a park like area. It's also right near the American Airlines Center.

Keith

We are going on Freedom of the Seas in August. Has anyone ever stayed at Embassy Suites near Miami International and then taken a cab over in the morning to the ship terminal? Our plane arrives early evening and we are considering doing this since the Miamia Embassy Suites Hotel has rooms for families for $99 on the internet prepaid which include their cook to order breakfast and happy hour (that we are arriving too late for unfortutanely). Also I heard for $10 per person they have a shuttle to the cruise ship but it is only offered at scheduled times and we like to board early so I am thinking the taxi is the way to go. Embassy Suites also has a pre-cruise special for $149 that includes all transportation.

I was also wondering if we stay at the Holiday Inn or Hyatt at the port what is the best way to get there from the airport?

Happy Cruising everyone!

We are going on Freedom of the Seas in August. Has anyone ever stayed at Embassy Suites near Miami International and then taken a cab over in the morning to the ship terminal? Our plane arrives early evening and we are considering doing this since the Miamia Embassy Suites Hotel has rooms for families for $99 on the internet prepaid which include their cook to order breakfast and happy hour (that we are arriving too late for unfortutanely). Also I heard for $10 per person they have a shuttle to the cruise ship but it is only offered at scheduled times and we like to board early so I am thinking the taxi is the way to go. Embassy Suites also has a pre-cruise special for $149 that includes all transportation.

I was also wondering if we stay at the Holiday Inn or Hyatt at the port what is the best way to get there from the airport?

Happy Cruising everyone!

Where did you get these prices for Embassy Suites? On their webpage?

Hi! I googled "Miami Airport Hotels" and then about 7 entries down I clicked on Embassy Suites-so yes it is their website-I put in my requested date and then navigated to "net direct rate" which came up with $99.99 plus taxes. Hope this helps.

Another Holiday Inn person. ;)

This is the one I stay at also.

Holiday Inn Port of Miami/Marina Park is the closest hotel to the piers. It is directly across from the famous Bayside Marketplace that has many restaurants and shops for a nice place to spend some time.

It is a reasonable hotel that is kept clean and neat. No beach though, just a pool.

I have stayed there before and as recently as last September. It fills up fast, so don't wait too long to book if you are interested.;) I paid $219.72 total for 2 nights in September.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...iabb?irs=null&

If you join their Priority Club, you save a discount on the room right away.

Here is a site showing you the Marketplace and what it has to offer.

Bayside marketplace.

www.baysidemarketplace.com

What about a place nearby to buy a bottle of booze we will be there a couple of days pre-cruise and also flying in from dallas we need to find a walgreens or something equivalent to the nearby to pick up sunscreen and things like that you cant take on the planes anymore except in 3oz bottles, lol not enough sunscreen for 7 days Eastern Caribbean...

Also does this hotel have airport pickup and maybe shuttle to the port?

Thanks for all your help!

Sheila

HI GREEK 50,

Me and my DH stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami airport last year before our cruise on the Majesty. We had read many reviews good and bad. My thoughts are that it was a great place to stay. The desk staff was helpful, the room were clean and comfortable. Plenty of room for families. The breakfast was great. The bad side was that there was not alot of things to do around the hotel. The hotel provided us with a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I do believe the offer shuttle to cruise port too. Our name was left off of the list for shuttle to cruise port but hotel was nice enough to pay for us a cab to cruise port which is about $24 i do believe. We are taking our children on a cruise next year and we will definitely stay here again. For a short stay i think it is a great hotel. I hope this helps.

ROSIE214:D

What about a place nearby to buy a bottle of booze we will be there a couple of days pre-cruise and also flying in from dallas we need to find a walgreens or something equivalent to the nearby to pick up sunscreen and things like that you cant take on the planes anymore except in 3oz bottles, lol not enough sunscreen for 7 days Eastern Caribbean...

Also does this hotel have airport pickup and maybe shuttle to the port?

There is a liquor store within about 3 blocks of the HIPOM. Our friends walked there (before dark!) and said it was no problem at all. This hotel has no airport or port shuttles. Taxis out front or the concierge can arrange for a limo to the port.

Archived