Freebies in room?

TexasMel

In terms of drinks all of this varies by cruise line. Some cruise lines provide compimentary bottled water and sodas and even a few provide alchohol. Most of these cruise lines are in the luxury category. Other cruise lines charge for most beverages in the room.

Most cruise lines also provide a bowl of fruit which they replenish each day, but some don't.

In terms of snacks, just call room service anytime of the day or evening to order snacks or other food for the room.

Keith

Are there things (drinks, snacks) provided in the rooms? Is everything in the room complimentary?

Stay away from the mini bar:)

On most mainline cruises, they do not provide snacks / bottled water (may be in room, but will get charged). We normally just hit one of the small cafe's that always have cookies, fruit etc and provide our own bowl in the room. Room service is also an option.

On mass market lines, nothing in the cabin is free except coffee, room service items and tap water. You pay for everything out of the mini bar and that's expensive. No soda or bottled water is free anywhere on the ship. Same for alcohol drinks. You can go to the buffet, pizza bar or hamburger grill for eats.

On mass market lines, nothing in the cabin is free except coffee, room service items and tap water. You pay for everything out of the mini bar and that's expensive. No soda or bottled water is free anywhere on the ship. Same for alcohol drinks. You can go to the buffet, pizza bar or hamburger grill for eats.

In addition to the beverages mentioned by kitty9 ... the air you breathe while in your cabin is also free.

Are there things (drinks, snacks) provided in the rooms?

Hi Mel, and welcome to the boards. It helps us answer your questions if we know for which cruiseline you are seeking information.:)

Is everything in the room complimentary?

On Carnival, for instance, and most other lines, the beverages provided in the cabin will be charged, if consumed, to your Sail & Sign account. However, other items in the cabin are yours at no charge - like the items in the amenity basket in the bathroom - lots of great little sample items.

If you want 'snackies', just call room service 24 hrs. a day...no charge for anything (except alcoholic beverages), but nice to tip the delivery person $1-2.

it would depend on the type of room you book...many of the cruiselines do have some perks for special rooms. i have never had any perks in the "normal" rooms. same with the resorts i have used.

the perks is getting a great trip in my price range and enjoying the heck out of it. service has been great on any of my trips...that's a big perk.

as stated, be careful of the mini-bar. i just take everything out and put the stuff on top..where they can see i haven't used any of it. put my sodas in!!!

If you drink a lot of soda or plan to, I would highly recommend getting a soda card on the first day of the cruise.

OR, if you're going on a Carnival ship, a reasonable amount of soft drinks can be brought on board.:) Some lines don't allow this.

Archived