Cruising Solo on Princess

Brneyznfl

Marie,

I agree...the rate is fantastic. I just love April and May in Florida and really would rather do Alaska in August/September when I tired of the heat :(

I remember they had a few sailings last year with no single suppliment and I'm debating what to do :confused: I will let you know.

Linda

My December cruise was great. I sat with a family of 5 from Australia at the late Traditional dinner seating. They were a wonderful family, and I enjoyed their company. The only time I felt out of place as a solo traveler was when the entire family did not show up for dinner one evening, and I sat there, alone. Earlier in the cruise I ran into them as I was going into the dining room, and they told me that they wouldn't be dining with me that evening (going to the pizzeria). They asked me to join them, but I declined as I had been there for lunch that day. I contacted the maitre'd in the dining room and he suggested that I go to the PC dining room so I wouldn't eat alone. I sat at a large table and enjoyed my meal fully. On the evening that I sat solo, I was already seated at our table and had waited a considerable amount of time for them to show. I felt it was rude for me to get up and just leave, so I had my meal alone (with the company of a good paperback book that I always bring with me).

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! This turned out to be a great thread. Having just got off the Miracle combined with all the preplanning and also the hurricane we went through, I neglected to get back over here. But great news! As you can see by my signature I'm booked on the Caribbean Princess for Sept 10th!! Woohoo!! I'm very excited about this cruise since it's my first Princess cruise! I'm booked with a group which is ideal for a solo cruiser because you can hang out with them as little or as much as you want. I did bite the bullet and book a balcony cabin to myself. I love those balconies! it's so hard to go back to something less! Hey that's one great thing about being single, we can spoil ourselves occassionally and not feel guilty, right? :D oh b.t.w, received a NICE upgrade on the Miracle to a Cat 11 last week..I was estatic, never had an upgrade like that!

I see a neighbor from my area has posted to this thread. Gramps, 50 isn't old and being on the downhill slide to 50 myself, I'm just not quite ready to be called Granny..yet! :D B.t.w how did you come through the hurricane? I can't find an email address in your profile, mine is below if you'd like to chat.

Hello. I have enjoyed reading this thread and thought I would say hello.

My hubby passed on a few years back, and I am NOT 50 yet!! so am in the age range of those that have posted.. kinda sorta nearly.. Anyway, I took a supposedly group cruise with some singles on a carnivale cruise out of Tampa a few years back.. Turned out they were all mostly married couples but I did end up in an outside cabin alone, which is what I wanted. Anyway the reason I picked this cruise was the cruise up the Mississippi to New Orleans which was fantastic. Although I was mostly alone on this ship, I did what I always do when I cruise, get out at the ports of call, eat too much and make my own fun.

My next cruise is listed below.. this time solo with RCCL a line I enjoy very much. So far what the best part of this cruise is the fact that I think for just over 1K I did ok for an outside room, its a repositioning cruise, I get to spend a day in Aruba.. and Ive chatted with so many folks on the Meet n Mingle page that I feel that I know lots of folks who will be on this ship. We leave April 30 so if anyone is going to be on board give me a shout.

I look forward to hearing about your other cruises. I am not a fan of NCL lines,so would not book again with them. But HAL has the 10 or 11 night cruises out of Norfolk to the Caribbean. The price is right, Im close enough to drive and park at the pier and its the right length. I had an opportunity to go onboard the Amsterdam, she is a beauty.. So enough chattering.. have a wonderful day everyone.

Regards,

Fisherlady aka Kathleen

Archived