Disembarking Summit in Vancouver - help with timing.

OnlyMe

OK, here's the thing, we're in no real panic to disembark but need to have a rough idea of the time we will disembark as we will be having friends meet us at the dock.

I'm hoping that the evening before we disembark we can e-mail our friends to give them an idea of what time we will be off the ship. Will we have an idea of disembarkation timing at that stage?

Any ideas how we should figure this out? We really don't want to have our friends waiting too long at the port BUT we don't want to be sitting there waiting for them too long either if we can help it.

And one last thing - which dock in Vancouver will Summit be arriving at?

Thanks for any help!

Hi OnlyMe,

We were on Infinity at the beginning of June, and our dock was also Ballantyne. You're in luck: it may not be in the nicest section of town, but it is modern, and only takes one ship at a time. We were surprised at how quickly we were able to get off the ship.

RCQ

We just got back from the June 15 sailing. We got off the ship around 9am, and I think we were in one of the last groups out. Customs was fast at Ballantyne Pier, but it's not very close to downtown, and the taxi situation was a nightmare. We were toward the front of the taxi line and still waited over an hour... it must have been so much worse for the people later on. Hopefully your friends are picking you up, so you'll be able to avoid that problem entirely.

(I mostly just lurk here... this is my first post on the boards. Hope it's useful.)

I hadn't realised that we would be docking in Ballantyne Pier (I assumed it would be Canada Place - boy am I glad I asked here before telling our friends the wrong pier!!!)! Last time we sailed Alaska was on RCCL and we docked in Ballantyne too - I was sort of looking forward to seeing Canada Place this time BUT - if it means a lot less hassle then I'll take Ballantyne any day.

Anyways, back to the topic, our friends have offered to pick us up at the pier so I will definately take them up on their offer now - I just feel a bit bad that I will be getting them out of their beds pretty early. I will take everyones advice and tell them we'll be off the ship at about 9am. I'll make sure to fill in our questionaires saying we have an 11pm flight that night (this is true BTW), that way we might be one of the last groups off. I'd prefer to be on the ship than sat at the pier if I have to wait.

Anyways, THANKS EVERYBODY!!!

And oceanchild, Welcome to Posting and thank you for the advice!!!!

You could disembark with your luggage. You do not put it out in the hall the night before. You will be the first one off the ship if you do this. We did it and it was very easy. You must be able to take the luggage off yourself however.

We disembarked Canada Place last year and I would say it was the worst disembarkation I have ever experienced. We were staying in Vancouver so they put us in a late group even though we were traveling in a Royal Suite.

They go so backed up they held us in the Theater without any information water or did I say information for 4 hours. We did not get off the ship until 11pm. When we got off it was the most disorganized chaos I have ever seen.

I would tell a fib and when Celebrity asks your travel plan tell them you are on a flight leaving at 10:00 AM. They will give you white tags and you will be off the ship by 8:00.

You could disembark with your luggage. You do not put it out in the hall the night before. You will be the first one off the ship if you do this. We did it and it was very easy. You must be able to take the luggage off yourself however.

Did you have to show evidence that you have an early flight to the Purser, so you can disembark first with your luggage? Or do you just show up at the exit?

At some point during the trip you get a questionnaire in your stateroom that asks you what your departure plans are. In it you can say what time your flight is, and they will assign your departure time accordingly. And, if you don't like your assignment, you can always go down to Guest Services and ask it to be changed.

Archived