What to wear on sea days

AndiandMike

Ok, stop laughing!!! I am on the Caribbean Princess on the Eastern itinerary that has 3 days at sea. What do people where? All my trips have been to the southern with one stop after another with either one or no sea days. I have a habit of just putting my suit on and hoping to start my day. What do people where over them when they go eat? Short sets? coverups? I don't really like sarongs, so I won't wear them. I just want something I can wear over my suit that would be ok to wear at the buffets for breakfast and lunch. Can you gals help? May I mention that I am a larger gal, 18/20.....help help help

Hi :) you sound like you have it down pat already:D any or all the items you mentioned are worn on Seadays!

I usually wear my bathing suit with a cover up......but sometimes I wear shorts and a top......just depends on what I feel like wearing or If I am going to be at the pool for any length of time. I don't wear sarongs either. I have a cute cover up from Land's End...its a soft cotton and looks like a T-shirt dress...it comes to the knee with a V-neck and its sleeveless with ribbing around the arm holes and the neck.

I am about a 14.......you will see all sizes and shapes of people on a cruise ship!

Hope you have a wonderful time:)

For sea days I put my bathing suit on in the a.m. and just put shorts and a t-shirt over it. Haven't quite caught on to the sarong thing myself. Lois is right, you'll see people wearing any and all of what you have described.

AndiandMike, don't worry about it--you just mistyped the word "where" when it should have been "wear". A lot of people mistype things, with the most obvious one being when people confuse the words there, their and they're.

As for your clothes, shorts and t-shirts are fine for coverups for your swimwear if you want to go to the buffet. I'm not a pool person so I just wear shorts, capris and casual tops during the day. Those darned public rooms on ships are so cold that I also bring a cotton cardigan to slip into if I'm sitting in one of those rooms.

I figured out the grammar mistake. Everyone's a god damn english professor on these boards. I figured that shorts/t-shirts were OK. I have a real cute coverup dress from Eddie Bauer but I can't wear that 3 days at sea. I'm trying to find some short sets that have a long sleeve sweatshirt, as you freeze to death like you mentioned in the public areas!

For me, I'm either in my workout clothes (I'm a runner) or bathing suit. After I workout and/or come in from the sun, I shower and put a pair of capris and linen-type shirt on, or a sundress. Very seldom do I wear shorts. I like the look of Capris. ;)

Darcie, your welcome:) I saw you typed..."we all make mistakes"....I make them every day!;) :eek: ....my boss lets me know about them too:rolleyes: .

I am by no means a prude, but not sure why the "professor" comment was needed:( .

Andi, like Lois, I found a nice cover up at Land's End only mine has short sleeves - a T-shirt dress that goes to the knees. I am also a larger person and am trying to muster the courage to wear my new bathing suit (also a Land's End tankini) and go to the pool. If Mexico is as humid as everyone says it is, I think I just might have to get brave:-)

Lois-

I felt it was needed after parusing these boards for months, I just find it odd that rather than providing an answer to a question, one has the time to polk fun at others spelling, grammar, etc. Sorry if it offended anyone, just see it all over the place on these boards.

However, I do thank those who responded and after an afternoon at Macy's finally found the answer. These adorable terry sweat sets. Shorts and a long sleeve sweatshirt in adorable vibrant colors, I of course bought 3 and would have bought a 4th, except the DH had his eye on me

Andie, thanks for the explanation...that was gracious of you:) ....I understand about people flaming others, it does happen on here. But I just knew Darcie wasn't calling you out.

Anyway.........that is great you found 3 outfits:D and they sound really cute too!!!

Have a great cruise:)

This is for ANDIANDMIKE:

I just happened to be reading through this board and had to tell you something...please don't worry about whether you're a size 4 or 34 or more - just put on that cute tankini and enjoy yourself! You might go to the pool first and take a look around ...sure, you'll see the blond-tressed beauties in their bikinis and the macho males in their Speedos and God bless them, but you'll also see a lot of other folks of all size and shapes who, once they got over their self-consciousness, are enjoying themselves, regardless of their size, stature or station in life. That's the best part of cruising! ! So suit up, relax and have a great cruise!

Cindy

Explorer of the Seas 2003

Explorer of the Seas 2004

Charcan54 - No matter what size you are, you will see people larger and smaller than you are wearing all manner of things - tankinis, bikinis, one pieces, whatever. And then there are the speedos.

Wear your new tankini and have fun!

My skirtini is packed and ready.... I leave on Thurs for a Thurs-Monday cruise to the Carribean. We will have two days at sea and one in Cozumel, Mexico. I have packed one swim dress (too big because I lost 53 pounds since last summer) and one skirtini (brand new, in my new size....couldn't afford to buy two new swim wears).

Anyhow, I plan to wear my skirtini during the day as I lay and relax by the pool, and prior to dinner I will be all comfy in my capris and light summer short sleeve blouses. Ohhhhh and course I will wear my New York Yankees t-shirt as I must show some love for my fellow New Yorkers while away from the fast paced city, getting my relaxation! :D

Lipz*

Those terry short outfits sound perfect! I might just have to pop by Macy's tomorrow before their sale is done:D

On my last cruise I wore a wonderful terry coverup from Eddie Bauer, XL;) that was sleeveless and zipped up. It was perfect for me because I was able to put all that we needed in the pockets. I bet those terry outfits will come in handy for that reason as well.

Have fun!

Archived