Checking for Price Reductions

Okay, I was hoping for some clarification on a small issue:

Let's say I've booked my cabin, but a couple months later I want to "check" to see if the price has gone down on my cabin, who do I contact, or what sites do i check?

Basically put, what do I have to do to check if my price has gone down? And if there was a reduction, does the money go towards OBC or refunded?

Thanks,

MC.

Okay, I was hoping for some clarification on a small issue:

Let's say I've booked my cabin, but a couple months later I want to "check" to see if the price has gone down on my cabin, who do I contact, or what sites do i check?

Basically put, what do I have to do to check if my price has gone down? And if there was a reduction, does the money go towards OBC or refunded?

Thanks,

MC.

It's credited back to your credit card. You can check the current prices on the RCCL web site. If the stateroom category you booked drops in price you need to call Royal immediately and request the refund.

Since booking my cruise I check the RCCL website every day. We have had two reductions of 400 dollars each. So we have now been credited 800 dollars. It comes right off the total price and they send a new email reflecting that. We have yet to make final payment so I do not know how it works after that. But it sure was a great surprise for us!

Thank you for a prompt response.

Now, are the prices on the website the current ones for sure? Or is the info only accessible via calling them directly?

(I'm saying this because sometimes there is "no cabins available" for certain types of cabin for sailings)

Now, are the prices on the website the current ones for sure? Or is the info only accessible via calling them directly?

(I'm saying this because sometimes there is "no cabins available" for certain types of cabin for sailings)

The prices on the web site are the accurate prices.

Since booking my cruise I check the RCCL website every day. We have had two reductions of 400 dollars each. So we have now been credited 800 dollars. It comes right off the total price and they send a new email reflecting that. We have yet to make final payment so I do not know how it works after that. But it sure was a great surprise for us!

Even after final payment if the price drops on the stateroom category you have booked the difference will be credited to your credit card. This isn't the case with certain other cruise lines.

You have to get the price reductions from whomever you booked through. If you booked with RCI directly, you call them. If you booked with a TA you call them instead and they call the Cruiseline.

I will be sailing on Princess, but I assume the answer for them would be the same. Is that even if you booked through a travel agent and not with the cruiseline direct? Thanks!

No on Princess after the final payment, they do not honor any further price drops. the best you can get out of them is an upgrade and that takes alot of hasseling with them to get.

No on Princess after the final payment, they do not honor any further price drops. the best you can get out of them is an upgrade and that takes alot of hasseling with them to get.

NCL has a similar policy. No refunds after final payment date.

and if you are booked in a cabin category where there are no cabins available... you probably won't see a price reduction...

reductions are usually given on categories that are not selling...

Wanted to mention that if you booked through a TA, if that TA has a policy against price drops, you might not get the price drop. It's a good question to ask before hiring a TA (and getting it in writing as specifically as possible). The things I've learned from these boards.... :)

Now my own questions for the RCCL gurus. Is there a particular time of day when they update the prices? If I want to check my cruise price once a day, is there a BEST time of day to check? I highly doubt my price will go down, we have the cheapest cabin class on the ship for our Baja 4-day'er LOL, but I never did check for our Alaskan cruise so I don't KNOW if there were drops, and I'm determined to at least check this time. :p

I've been checking our prices since we booked over a year ago. There have been no price drops since we've booked, and up until now, there were not even any rooms on our category left.

Since final payment, there are now several rooms available in our category - $245 more than we paid.

Sometimes prices never drop on your cruise, but we'll be watching from now until we cruise to see if anything changes.

Make sure when you are checking the price that you choose your state/providence of residency and check "senior" if that applies to you. It seems that there were a lot of residency rate drops on our Alaska cruise right before final payment was due.

Wanted to mention that if you booked through a TA, if that TA has a policy against price drops, you might not get the price drop. It's a good question to ask before hiring a TA (and getting it in writing as specifically as possible). The things I've learned from these boards.... :)

Now my own questions for the RCCL gurus. Is there a particular time of day when they update the prices? If I want to check my cruise price once a day, is there a BEST time of day to check? I highly doubt my price will go down, we have the cheapest cabin class on the ship for our Baja 4-day'er LOL, but I never did check for our Alaskan cruise so I don't KNOW if there were drops, and I'm determined to at least check this time. :p

I would think the prices are updated over night. I would check in the morning.

If no cabins are available in that category, i.e. its probably sold out, they would not be reducing the price of that category.

Sometimes the category above yours might be less than your category and they will use that one, so check anyway.

On our Enchantment cruise last December we were booked in a Junior Suite. About a week before sailing date the price for Grand Suites dropped to only $40.00 more per person than what we paid for our Junior Suite. I immediately called Royal and upgraded to the Grand Suite. Moral of the story is watch the price of all the stateroom categories. Not only your own.

I just checked our quick three day to Mexico trip and the price dropped $150. :D I called RCCL, and they issued the credit while I was on the phone with them. I love it!! And that is one reason I like to book directly with RCCL.

I just checked our quick three day to Mexico trip and the price dropped $150. :D I called RCCL, and they issued the credit while I was on the phone with them. I love it!! And that is one reason I like to book directly with RCCL.

nice!

Archived