Death in Family-- Leaving Saturday

Tennessee88

makeup face.. Where have you been hiding? :D

Question on your statement about your cruise and insurance. I thought that "cousins" were not classified as "Immediate Family" and therefore could not be used as an cancellation reason. Did I read this wrong?

Excuse me...Mike....since I have been on the board over six years...I won't be going anyway anytime soon......actually I didn't know you were also hotmike....and that is who I was responding to...however appreciate the key stokes.

Wow, it's been a while since anybody called me HOT!

Thanks!

>:-)

If you've been on the board six years and this is the first time you think you have been attacked, you probably don't need to borrow this flak jacket I wear ...

makeup face.. Where have you been hiding? :D

Question on your statement about your cruise and insurance. I thought that "cousins" were not classified as "Immediate Family" and therefore could not be used as an cancellation reason. Did I read this wrong?

That would be correct:D If we had not been booked in the same cabin.....I would not have received one dine back. But because she was my travel companion as well as my cousin.....I received a refund from Berkeley Care and Princess.

The three of us divided the cost of the mini into thirds...so if we wanted to cruise in a mini suite....my other cousin and myself would have had to come up with Valerie's third. But a month just wasn't enough time to heal before the cruise....so we opt to cancel.

Anyway......I've been around causing trouble as always:D Next weekend 8 family members and I are doing the 3 day Ensenada cruise. It's my youngest (24 years old) first cruise so I've been trolling over at the Carnival site:eek: :eek: . Although the only thing my son and his best friend want to do is hang at Papas and Beer!!!

My two daughters (22 and 18) myself and my mother are booked on a cruise on the CB leaving sunday July 8 - currently my mothers sister is in the hospital and not expected to live much longer- depending on when she passes- my mother will probably not go

Sorry about the situation.

We all have trip insurance but if my mother cancels will i be stuck with a single price room?

Princess has already been paid. As far as the cruiseline goes, they don't care. Since they made a contract with your mother that was completed when final payment was made and they authorized her to complete the travel documents online.

or could i get my husband to go in her place?

From what you explained, this transaction, if possible, will be between your mother, your husband and Princess. I doubt if you have any say in the matter, even if you were the one who paid for your mother's ticket. A far as the Princess is concerned, the booking belongs to your mother 100%.

and if he gets to go in her place would his fare be what it is currently (or much more expensive) or what my mother paid?

As I said above, the space has been paid for already. It is not uncommon at all for passengers to "surrender" a booking and paying the cruise line a fee to redo the paperwork. The costs are posted somewhere on Princess' website so they can charge whatever they want since they have let the public know ahead of time.

Your problem is time, I am not positive, but I believe Princess uses a 72 hour clock for anyone who has not cruised with them before. In other words, your mother would have to decide and Princess would have to agree to the change by Thursday afternoon.

Dear Makeup Face: First of all, Merced Mike and I are not the same. Secondly, nothing in my post would be considered an attack by any reasonable standard. I don't question what you claim to have been told by Princess reps, but I believe the information would have been incorrect had you chosen to dispute it rather than cancel (which you had every right to do, and I am glad you were able to collect from the insurance company). Perhaps singular to your situation was your private arrangements about dividing the cost of the cruise by three; using round figures merely to illustrate, if the first two passengers in a mini-suite are charged $1500, and the third only $600, then all three could could agree to pay $1200 each. Princess doesn't care who pays, only that the cost of the suite for 3 totals $3600. But the cost of the suite for two is only $3000. So if the third person drops out, the most that Princess could charge for the two who already paid $1200 each would be an additional $300 each, so the total would come to $3000, not $3600.

I really don't care how long you have posted on the board, or whether you think you are going to continue "causing trouble." I never attacked you for being wrong (unlike your comment to the previous poster), merely that whatever Princess reps told you was incorrect. Lighten up before you jump all over people. Sheeesh!

thanks everyone so much for your replies but good news! Our relative made a 180 degree turn around last night and is doing much much better so problem solved! but thanks for your help

Excellent news!

thanks everyone so much for your replies but good news! Our relative made a 180 degree turn around last night and is doing much much better so problem solved! but thanks for your help

Awesome! Hey we are practically neighbors. Livin south of you in the "boro"!:)

Enjoy your cruise!

Wrong.................

I was booked for a April 28 2007 cruise on the Crown . My cousin and travel companion passed on March 27 2007 very suddenly at age 49. We all had Berkeley Care insurance through Princess. I was booked along with another cousin in a mini-suite....three of us. We were given the option to paid for my deceased cousin's fare or give up the mini-suite. There were seven of us going...so we just cancelled the cruise since it was suppose to be for my cousin's 50th birthday.

So I'm sure you can add your husband for a fee with Princess or you'll have to paid the single rate on that fare.

In this situation, the owner of the booking died, and from what you posted the final payment had not been made. This situation is different from what the OP posted.

In this situation, the owner of the booking died, and from what you posted the final payment had not been made. This situation is different from what the OP posted.

My cousin passed 30 days before we were to cruise read my post again. Final payment has to be made 75 days before cruising. The math says......final payment had been made at the time of death.

I'm so happy to hear your up date. Good New indeed:D

Dear Makeup Face: First of all, Merced Mike and I are not the same. Secondly, nothing in my post would be considered an attack by any reasonable standard. I don't question what you claim to have been told by Princess reps, but I believe the information would have been incorrect had you chosen to dispute it rather than cancel (which you had every right to do, and I am glad you were able to collect from the insurance company). Perhaps singular to your situation was your private arrangements about dividing the cost of the cruise by three; using round figures merely to illustrate, if the first two passengers in a mini-suite are charged $1500, and the third only $600, then all three could could agree to pay $1200 each. Princess doesn't care who pays, only that the cost of the suite for 3 totals $3600. But the cost of the suite for two is only $3000. So if the third person drops out, the most that Princess could charge for the two who already paid $1200 each would be an additional $300 each, so the total would come to $3000, not $3600.

I really don't care how long you have posted on the board, or whether you think you are going to continue "causing trouble." I never attacked you for being wrong (unlike your comment to the previous poster), merely that whatever Princess reps told you was incorrect. Lighten up before you jump all over people. Sheeesh!

I was very aware I was posting to two different men. Since you don't know me or my history with LARGIN.....I can see how you took my statement "causing trouble" and twisted it. And since you don't have anyway of knowing what my personality is.....you have know idea what I meant by "causing trouble"......let me help you......it's a inside joke between LARGIN and myself....nothing more.....talking about lighten up.

I know what my experience was and what I was told. And since my sister is also my TA....I know I was told correctly. It doesn't matter if you agree with me or not..it wasn't your experience.

As far as my time on the BB......that response was directed to MercedMike. You guys really need to stop answering the question asked by the other.

As I suggested to you before....post what you know....not what you suspect.

Archived