Live from Millie 6/30-7/12- Damage

berryhappy24

I am going through this now from my cruise cancelled in Dec.

What you will do is book your next cruise. You will then pay your deposit just like anyone else would. Then you can play the same game if the price falls you can request the lower price. You or your travel agent will receive in the mail a cruise certificate with the value of your cruise. Before your final payment is due (I suggest before to allow time for it to hit your account and be able to see that it did) have your certificate applied (your agent might be able to do this online or you or your agent can fax it I am not at this point yet) then either you need to pay the difference by the deadline or Celebrity will reimburse you if your deposit has caused you to overpay for your cruise.

I hope this is clear because I have gone through a lot to try and understand all this myself and I can only hope I can clearly communicate my thoughts.

Thanks! I get it now. I booked the cruise directly through celebrity so I get the joy of doing it all myself. Back to watching the fares again!! (and I thought those days were over!)

The issue is that next year- the same sailing on Summit is probably going to go up in price. So, if you missed July 12, 2007. The same trip might be more for July 2008. So, even though you are getting a free cruise- it is only going to be the dollar amount you spent on this one. So if the fare is say $ 3300 for next July- then you will have to kick in the extra $ 300.

But it is still a great deal.

Because fares for a given high season Med sailing can dramatically rise as the ship fills, you're just as likely to come out ahead. I know that on our 6/18 cruise, the CC cabin fares rose by 40% from the 1st day of booking. So if the 7/12/07 cruise saw a similar rise, someone who bought their CC cabin a few months ahead of that sailing will see that the 7/08 sailing will probably be cheaper right now since it is still 12 months away. This is less likely to be true for the cheapest cabin categories (e.g. Cat 12).

Because fares for a given high season Med sailing can dramatically rise as the ship fills, you're just as likely to come out ahead. I know that on our 6/18 cruise, the CC cabin fares rose by 40% from the 1st day of booking. So if the 7/12/07 cruise saw a similar rise, someone who bought their CC cabin a few months ahead of that sailing will see that the 7/08 sailing will probably be cheaper right now since it is still 12 months away. This is less likely to be true for the cheapest cabin categories (e.g. Cat 12).

That's true, my cabin has doubled since booking. I can't tell you what a 12 was because it was filled by the time I booked. Actually for my cruise because Millennium is doing it's transatlantic later this year and there is a group on board, the ship filled up so fast, this is the time I booked last year and I could choose almost anything I wanted. Right now there are no insides available. My husband and I like inside because it's dark and we can sleep in. My husband can always sleep in but me as soon as I see daylight I'm awake.

It's the first time we encounter this kind of situation' date=' so we don't know what to expect. Neither does our TA, for the same reason and she was talking about "cruise only" but wasn't sure. Next week we'll get an answer, but I wanted to have some more info before that.

So what about paid transfers and prepaid gratuities ?[/quote']

We were supposed to be on the July 12th cruise to nowhere. Fortunately our TA booked us on the August 17th Millenium cruise from Barcelona to Venice instead of the Venice to Barcelona.

Cost - NADA - maybe it's because we hit her early Monday AM. We saw what appeared to be higher Veranda preices - but they not only rebooked us at no additional cost - we got upgraded from a 2B to a 2A Guarantee Balcony. Our TA is lobbying to get is a JS.

What did cost more is the airfare - and significantly so - went from 1900 for two to about $2800 for two and as a result our Travelx insurance was bumped up by $58 bucks

All of our shorex were refunded and rebooked except for the post cruise Barcelona which obviously is not available.

Hotel actually went down

In actuallity - with the free cruise at $3100 + taxes PP - our next two cruises

are in effect free with money left in the bank for another <heh heh>

if you think Celebrity CS is poor - at least it is USA based - I routinely deal with India and the Phillipines - they cant even pronounce my name - Gene - they say Jinny - Arrrrrgh

if you think Celebrity CS is poor - at least it is USA based - I routinely deal with India and the Phillipines - they cant even pronounce my name - Gene - they say Jinny - Arrrrrgh

:eek: Hi,

You should hear how ''they ''pronounce ( or mis-pronounce) MY name, Claude.....:D

In actuallity - with the free cruise at $3100 + taxes PP - our next two cruises

are in effect free with money left in the bank for another <heh heh>

That would be in case your next two cruises are inside cabin, right ? Since you booked balcony for the cancelled sailing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Ruch -

While on the Legend of the Seas July 18 - 30 (I DO NOT recommend that crew, will post a full review soon), we crossed ports with the Millie in Livorno (Florence/Pompeii). I spoke with a few of her passengers, who were on the July 24 sailing. They said the ship was lovely, they had no problems or issues sailing out of Barcelona, and everything was great!

That would be in case your next two cruises are inside cabin' date=' right ? Since you booked balcony for the cancelled sailing.[/quote']

First cruise was a 6 night on RCCL out of Ft. Lauderdale Feb 22 2008

Got a Superior OV with balcony - brochure price was - $599pp - because we were C&A Diamond we got another $100 or so off - net net was $1127 for the both of us. AND we scored free Airline Flights ( AA Miles) and a free night in the Sheraton Yankee Clipper ( Starwood points).

Next cruise is Solstice in 2009 - I believe it is a 2B - not sure what the final price will be but brichure when we booked was $1250pp and I am seeing it now as $1179pp - sooooo we may have money in the bank for another 7 night

Archived