Yankee Game

fitters

Hi all...me again....;)

We want to see a NY Yankee game when we come into town for our cruise in Sept. The day we are arriving, they are playing at home....so...my question.....Where would be the best place to stay (area/hotel wise) so that we can get to the game and also to the port (Manhatten) the next day? Of course we will not have a rental car.....what's the best way? Subway? Taxi?

Any help would be much appreciated! Especially from my new found Nittany Lion, ZoneHPH! :p

Take the subway. Its the fastest safest most direct way(and at $2.00 pp each way can't be beat for price). There is also a ferry but I haven't done that. So any place there is a subway line is fine. Milford plaza anyone?

Yes, just take the subway. You don't want to stay in the Bronx.

The subway is great. The concierge at whatever hotel you stay at will give you directions.

We've taken the subway to games several times over the years and will do it once again when we are also in NYC in September.

It's hard to believe that next year will be the last full season in Yankee Stadium.

Keith

4 train to the bronx. get off at yankee stadium. pretty much the only way i'd ever go. driving sucks. cab not worth it.

heck while were at it...if anyone cares to see the mets...then take the 7 train.

fitters...one of these days we'll beat michigan.

Definitely subway, without a doubt. My only issue here is why does everyone from out of town want to see the Yankees? What's wrong with the Mets? Go Mets!

Mets have a solid team but a so so stadium until the new one is built.

I am originally from New York and have always been a Yankees Fan even in the very bad years. Given the history of the stadium (just like a Wrigley Park or a Fenway Park) many out of towners what to see the stadium and given the history of the Yankees the same holds true for the team. Even as bad as they are playing this year, the Yankees draw more fans to their road games than any other baseball team.

Keith

4 train to the bronx. get off at yankee stadium. pretty much the only way i'd ever go. driving sucks. cab not worth it.

heck while were at it...if anyone cares to see the mets...then take the 7 train.

Mets have a solid team but a so so stadium until the new one is built.

I am originally from New York and have always been a Yankees Fan even in the very bad years. Given the history of the stadium (just like a Wrigley Park or a Fenway Park) many out of towners what to see the stadium and given the history of the Yankees the same holds true for the team. Even as bad as they are playing this year, the Yankees draw more fans to their road games than any other baseball team.

Keith

Zone, we must have been typing at the same time about the Mets. I so don't want to be at work either, sucks doesn't it?

Keith1010 - I am a life long Mets fan. My father grew up a Dodgers fan and then when they became traitors he switched to the Mets. I am definitely not a die hard lunatic fan but I always find it amusing that everyone from out of town only seems to care about the Yankees. I just wanted to throw in my two cents about the Mets.

i never understood shea stadium. i remember the first game i went to...i was like "dad where's the rest of the stadium?"

wish the yankees would just keep the stadium now. i loved the classic parks like yankee, wrigley, and fenway.

Now, Now...we would see the Mets, but they don't have a home game that day! :D Everytime we travel during baseball season, we try to get to a game wherever we are at. It's great to see all the different stadiums.

Zone, we must have been typing at the same time about the Mets. I so don't want to be at work either, sucks doesn't it?

Keith1010 - I am a life long Mets fan. My father grew up a Dodgers fan and then when they became traitors he switched to the Mets. I am definitely not a die hard lunatic fan but I always find it amusing that everyone from out of town only seems to care about the Yankees. I just wanted to throw in my two cents about the Mets.

Makes sense. A couple of years ago we got together with my best friends from grade school (he also lives in another state) and we agreed to see a home game while we all were in New York together. As luck had it the Yankees played at home that day. He is a big Mets fan and I am the big Yankees fan.

Thank goodness the game was at Yankee stadium and it was the Yankees who were playing rather than the Mets. Just kidding!!

It is funny how all of this goes. Growing up it seemed that one either liked the Mets or the Yankees but there were not many who liked both and here they were in two different leagues before they started to play eachother since there was no inter-league play back then. There was just the Mayor's Trophy Game. Do they still play that game anymore?

Keith

Hhm....maybe....or....maybe not! :D

I'm right with you on the work gig.....why do you think I'm on cruise critic instead of actually doing my work! :eek:

i never understood shea stadium. i remember the first game i went to...i was like "dad where's the rest of the stadium?"

wish the yankees would just keep the stadium now. i loved the classic parks like yankee, wrigley, and fenway.

I haven't been to Shea Stadium in over 30 years. Have just passed it on the highway since we no longer live in New York. I just viewed it as this steel structure like those other stadiums built in the 60's. I was so glad that all of them have been torn down (I know Shea is still there for now) and replaced with new stadiums that have that old time look.

Keith

Hhm....maybe....or....maybe not! :D

I'm right with you on the work gig.....why do you think I'm on cruise critic instead of actually doing my work! :eek:

one of these days i'll see the big house. i just hate the thought of driving out there. and i'd need at least 4 days in ann arbor to make the flight worthwhile...and a victory to make it all palatable.

It is kind of strange that very few if any people are true Yankee and Mets fans. They are both New York teams after all. For me it was always who my father liked was who I liked and it stuck with me. Mets, Giants (not Jets), Knicks. Never liked Hockey but many people argue over the Islanders and the Rangers.

It is kind of strange that very few if any people are true Yankee and Mets fans. They are both New York teams after all. For me it was always who my father liked was who I liked and it stuck with me. Mets, Giants (not Jets), Knicks. Never liked Hockey but many people argue over the Islanders and the Rangers.

is there even an argument between the isles and the rangers? i'd say there's more between devils and rangers. because...before we had devils...it was always about the rangers.

SAVE VANBIESBROUCK!!!!!!

is there even an argument between the isles and the rangers? i'd say there's more between devils and rangers. because...before we had devils...it was always about the rangers.

SAVE VANBIESBROUCK!!!!!!

See how into hockey I am? I didn't even know about the Devils. Are the Rangers even still around?

Work totally sucks today. What's the point of being here? No one wants to work!

See how into hockey I am? I didn't even know about the Devils. Are the Rangers even still around?

Work totally sucks today. What's the point of being here? No one wants to work!

come down my way...we'll have a couple drinks for lunch. (then we'd never go back to work.) yeah that is a golden and a tabby?

come down my way...we'll have a couple drinks for lunch. (then we'd never go back to work.) yeah that is a golden and a tabby?

I wish. Unfortunately I'm working a full day today.

Two dogs...a golden and a yorkie. ;)

Who's the boss? HA HA HA. I bet the yorkie. I'm thinking of getting a cat for my dog. He used to love cats until he got whacked across the face by one, now he's a little weary. I need a real dog friendly cat.

SAVE VANBIESBROUCK!!!!!!

::cough cough: Remember the Islanders back in the early 1980's? (Oh you were probably, like one or two years old. LOL) Can we say STANLEY CUP CHAMPS??? Ice Hockey is still big with LI kids, along with lacrosse (never heard of it till I moved here) and football

::cough cough: Remember the Islanders back in the early 1980's? (Oh you were probably, like one or two years old. LOL) Can we say STANLEY CUP CHAMPS??? Ice Hockey is still big with LI kids, along with lacrosse (never heard of it till I moved here) and football

well they lost my respect when the added the Gorton's Fisherman to their uniform.

Take the subway. Its the fastest safest most direct way(and at $2.00 pp each way can't be beat for price). There is also a ferry but I haven't done that. So any place there is a subway line is fine. Milford plaza anyone?

Even getting to Shea Stadiium is easier. You can take the LIRR from Penn Station, directly to Shea. 16 minutes door to door. Let's Go Mets!

Archived