PG 8/22/07 Bora Bora Snorkel-Am I Nuts?

I just spoke with two different reps at Regent, both of whom insisted there is nothing complimentary for passengers at Bora Bora. When I said I'd read several CC postings that mentioned transport to a motu for snorkeling and an open bar, they both said I must be mistaken. When I persisted, they said it could have been something pre-arranged for a specific group, but they insisted that there is nothing at Bora Bora but the listed excursions, none of which is gratis. I feel like I've just entered the twilight zone. Does anyone know what's going on?

Maybe it's the open bar that's confusing the reps. It's really just a shack with Hinano and rum punch and peanuts. You bring your own snorkeling gear, too, so it's not an organized snorkel excursion.

Tender service to the private motu has been available each of the 4 days we've been in Bora Bora on the PG-the first day in port only in the afternoon, I think. I recall reading some posts where the tender wasn't offered because of inclemnet weather, but that is the exception.

Yep, you are correct...there is a lovely motu available at Bora Bora with tender service from the PG. There is a bar with a limited selection of beverages including beer (and this was before the all-inclusive policy). Food, other than peanuts/mixed nuts, was not offered but those who were forward-thinking brought boxed lunches from the ship.

There are no facilities or beach chairs but there are kayaks available as I remember from our September cruise. Snorkeling is average to good so no complaints from us.

We favor this motu more than Mahana (I know.......aren't we odd!). The island of Bora is no great shakes. Instead it is the lagoon and the beautiful view back at the island that holds our attention. We spent both days that we were at Bora out on the motu.........fabulous!!!

Perhaps it's different if you're not on the 7-day itinerary? The Bora Bora beach afternoons are not a private motu--it's space shared on the same motu where the the Pearl hotel is--you are gently asked not to trespass on their space.

As others have said, it's just a beautiful beach with lovely water, a little shack with drinks and chips/peanuts. Priceless, I loved it.

Thanks to all who've written for your reassurance. Our traveling companion says this beach/snorkeling opportunity in Bora Bora is even advertised in Regent's 2007-2008 brochure (mine is 2006-2007, so my only reference for it was said companion and all the posts I've read). I don't know what the reps' problem was; I went over every possible point of confusion (I thought), and the answer was no, no, no. To get to a human being, I had to push a button to indicate I'd already made a booking with a travel agency; maybe Regent saves it's worst agents to answer those calls. Again, my thanks.

The Bora Bora motu does exist, but it is not on the scale of the one on Taha'a. On Bora Bora, there are no chairs, no food, but plenty of drinks. The snorkeling is a bit better near the Bora Bora motu than near Taha'a. We actually like the Bora Bora motu for the reason that is downscale and primitive, and always spend some time there.

Archived