Seychelles & Mauritius

cruzadict

My husband and myself are lucky enough to be doing a 16 day cruise in November from Seychelles to Mauritius. The first 7 days are cruising around the Seychelles and the remainder down to Mauritius vvia Madagascar and Reunion etc. Has anyone else done this itinerary and if so any tips they can pass on would be most welcome. What sea state can we expect November/December. Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

We were only to one of the Seychelles Islands earlier this year as part of the full world cruise we were on so I can't be of much help here. I just wanted to say that the island that we visited was beautiful. In many ways it reminded me of Hawaii. Very lush.

Keith

What ship are you taking for this wonderful itinerary. We had looked at the Costa Marina (which also goes to these places) but ruled it out when we learned that the Marina is primarily marketed to Germans.

Hank

• 4 months later...

I guess you changed cruises because your original cruise mentioned a cruise in November and this one is in April. This cruise will visit one of the Seychelles Islands. We visited severa of the ports on your itinerary earlier this year. If you have any questions, please be sure to post them.

Keith

We would be delighted to get any tips or suggestions for this trip as we are booked on the Costa Marina for February 2008. More than anything we would like any details for seeing all the ports privately....in other words, the distance from the port to the town centre would be interesting, any dealings with local taxis, what to see etc., any information or ideas would be very much appreciated.

:)

• 1 month later...

Anyone back yet from the Costa Marina cruise to the Seychelles and Mauritius? I would love to know more then anything where the ship berths in each port and the distances from there to the town centres or places of interest. Did any of you to the ships excursions or your own private ones? How about local taxis.....do they speak English, accept dollars etc.????? Any suggestions or advice will be very welcome :)

Anyone back yet from the Costa Marina cruise to the Seychelles and Mauritius? I would love to know more then anything where the ship berths in each port and the distances from there to the town centres or places of interest. Did any of you to the ships excursions or your own private ones? How about local taxis.....do they speak English, accept dollars etc.????? Any suggestions or advice will be very welcome :)

You may want to also post your queestion on the Costa Cruise Line Board.

Keith

Archived