X Connections Party??

GORDONCHICK

Since I found CC long after my only X cruise, can someone explain to me how their Connections party works and what happens, what to expect? Do they provide snacks?

I've been to 2 CC parties, and we did all the work, but the lines did announce our get-togethers in the dailies. We brought our own drinks and snacks. On Grand Princess, the CD and ACD sat and visited with us (which I think is a very smart move on their part). The CD had a book for all of us to sign (as other past cruisers had) along with our screen names. They were even in one of our group photos I think.

How does it work on X?

On X, they do all the work for you. They provide snacks and some type of beverage (such as coffee & tea). While it varies from ship to ship, the Captains Club hostess usually coordinates the event and often other Celebrity staff attend.

You need to sign up by clicking on the JOIN THE PARTY button at the top of this thread. You'll find a link to the place on Celebrity's website where you can register.

Usually, on the first evening, you'll receive an official invitation in your cabin that states the time and location of the party. If you do not receive an invite, stop at the Captains Club desk and ask about the party.

You'll find other details on the Celebrity parties when you click on the JOIN THE PARTY link above.

Have a great time!

Thanks Anne! That's pretty much what I thought, but someone on our roll call asked and I wanted a definitive answer. So far, we only have six registered, but we have 2 1/2 month to go. I'm trying to get some friends also on the trip that aren't on CC yet to sign up and meet some of the others and hopefully get them interested in joining CC.

Thanks Anne! That's pretty much what I thought, but someone on our roll call asked and I wanted a definitive answer. So far, we only have six registered, but we have 2 1/2 month to go. I'm trying to get some friends also on the trip that aren't on CC yet to sign up and meet some of the others and hopefully get them interested in joining CC.

We have a friend who cruises with us and is not a cc member. We take her booking number and register her. She always attends and meets everyone. Your friends don't have to commit to joining the boards, but it will be their loss.

We have a friend who cruises with us and is not a cc member. We take her booking number and register her. She always attends and meets everyone. Your friends don't have to commit to joining the boards, but it will be their loss.

I know they don't have to join, but it's a joke with us that I always know what's going on way before they do, and they are cruise agents! When I found out here that Mercury was being moved from doing RT out of Seattle for Alaska, I called them and they called the TA they book through. They were amazed at how fast I find things out, and are now trying to talk me into becoming a cruise agent. My problem is that I enjoy planning my own trips, I don't know how I would do in that task for clients.

I know they don't have to join, but it's a joke with us that I always know what's going on way before they do, and they are cruise agents! When I found out here that Mercury was being moved from doing RT out of Seattle for Alaska, I called them and they called the TA they book through. They were amazed at how fast I find things out, and are now trying to talk me into becoming a cruise agent. My problem is that I enjoy planning my own trips, I don't know how I would do in that task for clients.

Carmen, I totally agree....its FUN to do it for yourself:D

IF it starts to become WORK for you...well, you just don't don't want

to lose that FUN aspect:D

Just a word of warning to X cruisers planning to attend the connections party. You may or may not get an invitation with info about when and where to go. Last winter on Mercury there were 60+ signed up, but most of us didn't get the info or got it too late to make it to the party. We lucked out and happened to see new cruise friends walking through the lounge where we had just finished a trivia game and they told us the party was starting in 5 min. They'd gotten a last minute call to their cabin. We had been out and about since breakfast, so if they called us we weren't there. There was no message on our answering machine. About half of the signees missed out. :EEK: At our excursion the next day some people asked us when the party was and were dismayed to find out they'd missed it.

Moral of the story--if there is not an invitation already in your cabin when you get there, go to the Connections desk and ask about it.

On one other cruise (can't remember which one), we never got the info.

Archived