10% in 3 months

RB Bonzo

I was wondering if everyone already is starting to lose heart and not play the game. Good going Sheila. I also can report a loss of 3 lbs for my first week. I expected more but I still have not truly exercised. I walk a lot now though.

I was wondering if everyone already is starting to lose heart and not play the game. Good going Sheila. I also can report a loss of 3 lbs for my first week. I expected more but I still have not truly exercised. I walk a lot now though.

Congrats, 3 pounds is a lot for 1 week.

Good Morning!

My weigh in will also be on Monday - but I took a sneak peak yesterday and I'm off to a good start! DH is checking the scales every morning - and he's going to have a good week too! :D

10%'s - we can do it!!!

Catch ya's later!

Hello All! and Congrats to those of you losing already! :)

I'd like to join you all in the 10% Club as well. I'm presently 173 lbs, have recently lost 5lbs in 4 months. If I can continue to do that I'd be happy but I'm shooting for the the 10% loss by my cruise in January to the Caribbean. I'm in a tight size 12 and would like to be a comfortable size 10. I am not on any particular kind of diet but I limit my calories to 1300 daily and log my food on fitdaydotcom each day. I also have a gym membership and workout 1 hour a day, 5 days a week (usually). I didn't have a weight problem until my late 40's and drifted into the big M, then I gained 20lbs in 2 yrs! In January, at 178lbs, I decided to do something with my lazy self and started a diet and exercise routine. I'm not losing weight fast but I am losing and I had setback when we went on our Alaska cruise in May. I was off track for 5 weeks and gained 5lbs. ACK! So I'm back at it this week and believe that this 10% Club will motivate me. Others success seems to do that to me! So much success everyone!!

:) Cherie

welcome to all the new 10 percenters!!

I had my WW weigh in this morning and was down a pound! My 10% challenge weigh in is tomorrow morning, though, so we'll see . . .

RB Bonzo - - by night or day!!! [lol, Annie]

Ok you two! Here is the exciting story:rolleyes: I originally signed on at work when preparing for my 1st cruise in 2005 (my boss taught me how) and when I tried to sign on at home earlier this year before my February cruise, I couldn't remember the login or password; so I set up a new login at home....sorry, not so exciting is it? I have DH interested in CC now and I would like to exchange the two logins I have for Dave&Lou something? Oh yea, my name is really not Annie,it is Lou;) Another story there.

Anyway, welcome to the 10% club Cherie, I hope you are a looser too!:D

I understand the after 40 thing. It used to be so easy to keep my weight down until I hit 40 and boy do things change. Since our children are grown now, DH and I enjoy sitting on the patio or front porch sipping a glass or two of wine in the evening. I think that has lead to less exersize and of course the empty calories in the wine just make it worse. And I think we eat out more often now that we don't have ball practice and piano practice and, you get the picture. We have been trying to at least walk our 2 miles before we have dinner or anything else in the evening. Since it has been so hot, we are trying to walk at 5:30am.

I need to do the gym like you do, at least it is air conditioned.

Good luck RB Bonzo on your weigh in tomorrow, I know you will do fine.

Good luck to all!

Hi, Ten Percent Challengers!

Weighed in this morning for a loss of 0.2 lbs. Total loss - 3.2

20.1 lbs to go to get my second 10% by Nov 6 (4 mos from my start date of July 6).

.2 gone ain't much - but I'm happy with it so long as it is .2 gone forever! :D

Everyone is doing so great!! Sounds like a motivated bunch...Monday is my weigh in day....I have done well with my eating this week...Exercise is another story, and tomorrow is another day...Keep up the good work 10%'ers.

Hello Everyone,

What a great thread, the 10% loss goal, I really like it! I would love to lose 10% of my weight in 4 months and KEEP IT OFF!! That seems to be harder than losing it....and losing it is no picnic ( ugh...food again!). Anyway...good luck to everyone. I think it is great you are supportive of each other. You are inspiring me to get back on track. I lost 30 pounds last summer in 3 months, on South Beach. But.....over holidays I too gained some back.....a total of 20 pounds so far! I have put the breaks on but now I need to put it in reverse and get some of these pounds off. I think I will modify South Beach a bit and do something called 35 Plus program. You basically eat like on South Beach but are allowed fruit three times a day and carbs twice ( breakfast and lunch) and carrots are allowed as a veggie. South Beach is great I just needed more variety eventually and I let myself go back to old habits during the holidays and never stopped! And I am 48...which is a factor.

Well one day at a time...best to you all!

Underthestars13:)

Hi, Ten Percent Challengers!

Weighed in this morning for a loss of 0.2 lbs. Total loss - 3.2

20.1 lbs to go to get my second 10% by Nov 6 (4 mos from my start date of July 6).

.2 gone ain't much - but I'm happy with it so long as it is .2 gone forever! :D

Congrats on the weight loss, any loss is a good loss. Keep up the great work!

:) Cherie

Here are some of my big issues: I love to eat out for lunches and dinners. I like chocolate. I like dessert after every meal.

Ed

Hi Ed!

Hope this will be helpful, because I can totally relate. Love my chocolate and I love dessert after lunch and dinner.

It's been a few years since my Weight Watchers days, but they suggested a dessert that I can usually find in most grocery stores. It was called Skinny Cow or something like that. It is basically a round Ice cream sandwich - perfect for summer especially here in AZ. They came in a plastic round tube. About 6 or 8 in the tube??? I don't recall the point calculations for weight watchers, but it was definitely doable in my daily meal planning. The funny thing is I don't like regular ice ccream sandwichces, but i really liked the sandwich part of these and they are HUGE. Also, there are several brands of diet fudge bars that are on the market. Very few points!

Okay - Deep breath - Count me in (starting Monday - I've already made commitment for entertaining / meals for Sat and Sun!) I leave for 19 days on Nov 1, so 26 pounds is going to be a pretty agressive goal.

My weak point is definitely going to be excersise. I work endless hours and when I have a break, it is TOO HOT in Phoenix to go outside and do anything. I know people say walk the mall, but goodness, have you ever tried to walk the mall at a good pace when there are 1000's of people there to beat the heat?

So, I have decided the only way is to join the Gym. I hate plunking all that money out, because I am pitiful at following through with exercise. Too bad one of you isn't close so we could be Gym buddies!

But hopefully we can motivate each other for our exercise attempts!

Good luck everyone and congratulations on your success so far! Hopefully I can turn in 3 pounds next weekend.

The skinny cow ice cream sandwiches are 3 points on weight watchers. I hope everyone has a great weekend. The wekends are always hard for me, but I am going to be strong and have will power and not cheat ( i hope) :confused:

Hi Ten Percenters!

Seems like a common theme yesterday was keeping the weight off once you lose it. I've lost and re-gained so many times, that this is something that really worries me, and I have given a lot of thought to how to keep on track and how to keep it off. I came across a few articles about the National Weight Loss Registry. Participants in the study have lost a minimum of 30 lbs and kept it off for at least a year. These are the people who have defied the odds and maintained their weight loss.

How do they do it? The study shows that they have some things in common:

Findings from the registry suggest six key strategies for long-term success at weight loss: 1) engaging in high levels of physical activity; 2) eating a diet that is low in calories and fat; 3) eating breakfast; 4) self-monitoring weight on a regular basis; 5) maintaining a consistent eating pattern; and 6) catching "slips" before they turn into larger regains. Initiating weight loss after a medical event may also help facilitate long-term weight control.our things in common:

Here is an encouraging statistic - if you keep the weight off for 2 years, your risk of regaining it is cut by half.

A few folks mentioned that they are having difficulty working exercise in to the program. Here is a real eye-opener. Participants in the study spend, on average, over an hour in moderate level physical activity daily. Only a very small percentage (about 4%) was able to achieve and maintain weight loss by diet alone.

Hi Ten Percenters!

Seems like a common theme yesterday was keeping the weight off once you lose it. I've lost and re-gained so many times, that this is something that really worries me, and I have given a lot of thought to how to keep on track and how to keep it off. I came across a few articles about the National Weight Loss Registry. Participants in the study have lost a minimum of 30 lbs and kept it off for at least a year. These are the people who have defied the odds and maintained their weight loss.

How do they do it? The study shows that they have some things in common:

Findings from the registry suggest six key strategies for long-term success at weight loss: 1) engaging in high levels of physical activity; 2) eating a diet that is low in calories and fat; 3) eating breakfast; 4) self-monitoring weight on a regular basis; 5) maintaining a consistent eating pattern; and 6) catching "slips" before they turn into larger regains. Initiating weight loss after a medical event may also help facilitate long-term weight control.our things in common:

Here is an encouraging statistic - if you keep the weight off for 2 years, your risk of regaining it is cut by half.

A few folks mentioned that they are having difficulty working exercise in to the program. Here is a real eye-opener. Participants in the study spend, on average, over an hour in moderate level physical activity daily. Only a very small percentage (about 4%) was able to achieve and maintain weight loss by diet alone.

Forgot to mention - the study proposes that successful weight loss be defined as losing 10% of body weight and keeping it off for a year. So there!

Archived