10% in 3 months

RB Bonzo

My daughter is 15 years old. Yesterday, she came up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss and told me that she was proud of me for working so hard at the weight loss.

That was very special. Still, I am reminded of another time that she said something that has also served as a source of inspiration. We were sitting at the dinner table on the evening after I joined WW. I told the kids, "I started Weight Watchers today."

My daughter's response: "Again?" :p

Mornin' Ya'll,

Congrats RB on the .06 and Sam on the 1lb and Jean quit being so sneeky:rolleyes:

Ottergirl, I hear ya on that exersize delima, I really have to give myself a good talking to most every day. I can find more excuses to not go for my walk, and I love to walk! I can imagine how tough it would be if I didn't like to walk. Now going to the YMCA is a whole other story, I do like it once I get there, it's just getting there. I'ts more fun to sit home in front of the TV right after work (I am a news junkie:( ) than to go to the gym for two hours. I didn't get back to my kick-boxing class this week like I had planned, (I guess I didn't work my plan) but like Jean said,"yesterday is yesterday and today is today" my classes are Monday and Wednesday so Monday is Monday because I have plans tonight:p

You see how easy it is to make excuses? This is the story of my life!

I am serious about getting into a routine. About tonight, DH has been working long shifts this week and I agreed to meet him at Chilis for drinks right after work, I don't think kick-boxing would be a good thing right after drinks..he-he. We will go for our two mile walk after dinner though.

Just a little back ground on me:

I was a size 4 when I married 27yrs ago, I gained up to a size 10-12-14 depended on the clothes after having 2 children. I quit smoking 20yrs ago and gained up to a size 22! About 14yrs ago I went on a crash course diet, I cut out all fat and barely ate enough food to get by. I exersised almost all my spare time would allow. I woke up one night and after not eating much the day before and spending a very upsetting evening with my teenage daughter's teacher, my body just hurt, I was dizzy and thought I was going to die. I crawled downstairs to get some juice and that didn't help, I was laying in the kitchen floor and I looked up and saw a box of Little Debbie Oatmeal cakes on the bar(I don't even like those things) I crawled over and ate one and after a few minutes I felt better. I was afraid to wake DH because he would know that I hadn't eaten the day before and he would lecture me. That wasn't even the wake up call; that came when I walked into my patio doors by mistake and knocked out my front teeth! My docter said my skin was dry and my teeth were getting loose because of my diet. The point is I was soooo obsesed with the weight loss that I forgot my health and I even avoided my friends because being a Southern Baptist, evertime we meet, we eat. I don't want to be that person again, so if my family want's me to do something special and I have to change my plans, I'm gonna do it.

There, I've shared enough for one day:o

Oh yea, I got my puter fixed this morning.

We are going on Western Caribbean Feb 2008 on the Mariner.

Whoever said they were going on the Jewel; that was our first ship and I think will always be my favorite! I hope you enjoy her as much a we did.

By for now

Annie:)

Annie, Mariner is a great ship. I loved my last trip on it. Though I'm scheduled right now for a LA trip in a couple years, I think I will end up cancellign and finding somethign more reasonably priceed. They are pushing the prices up when the ship moves west.

I made some bad choices today for lunch. I better not do that too often :cool:

Hi to everyone....

i love reading your posts, when i log off i feel sooo positive about what im doing... but... THIS is what i need advice for...

im doing the no bread, no sugar WOE.... im eating meat, veggies, and fruit.. but im AFRAID of adding other carbs in there .. i know i need other carbs, what do i do??

my weight loss is going well... another pound lost since thurs....im sooo fucused on this.... tonight we ate dinner out as we do every wed, i actually passed up the onion rings, and corn fritters.... had no problem saying no... i have only been doing this just over a week now...

one other thing, all i want to do is SLEEP!! im soooooooooooo tired! i yawn all day long at work!! im a hairdresser, and my clients will say, you need some sleep, didnt you sleep well last night?? LOL

HELP!!!!!

Diane :)

Annie~You were very brave to tell us so much about your past dieting experience, thanks so much for sharing. It's amazing how strong and stubborn you were to stay on that for any time at all. I couldn't do it, Thank goodness you realize your health was more important. We didn't get here over night (although sometimes it seems like it) slow an steady is how we are going to do it. I was raised Southern Baptist I know what you mean about the eating!

Diane~Have you been at it for about a week? Maybe a little piece of cheese or some kind of snack, maybe your body needs a little more fuel. Once you get established you may see a lot more energy. I did, but I am eating some carbs.

RB~Your right your .6 is gone forever, Congratulations!

Ebedore~You'll do better tomorrow.

Ottergirl~I'm thinking about those book titles:D

Dianne

Hi to everyone....

i love reading your posts, when i log off i feel sooo positive about what im doing... but... THIS is what i need advice for...

im doing the no bread, no sugar WOE.... im eating meat, veggies, and fruit.. but im AFRAID of adding other carbs in there .. i know i need other carbs, what do i do??

my weight loss is going well... another pound lost since thurs....im sooo fucused on this.... tonight we ate dinner out as we do every wed, i actually passed up the onion rings, and corn fritters.... had no problem saying no... i have only been doing this just over a week now...

one other thing, all i want to do is SLEEP!! im soooooooooooo tired! i yawn all day long at work!! im a hairdresser, and my clients will say, you need some sleep, didnt you sleep well last night?? LOL

HELP!!!!!

Diane :)

Hi, Dianne -

I have a carb-problem, too. For example, if I get terrible cravings and tend to binge-eat if I eat pasta at night. By experimenting, I discovered that I can go w/ up to one cup of whole wheat pasta for dinner, but no more - and no plain pasta. I also can't eat nuts at night - I have more trouble limiting myself.

Try starting w/ whole grains - like whole wheat pasta and brown rice. Stay away from the ultra-processed stuff.

I don't want to get into a board debate about what type of program is best and whether low-carb or low-fat is better. I'm following WW and having good success on it, so that's what is working for me - I'm following a low-fat, high-fiber, low calorie diet that includes good amounts of the healthier fats. I'm including not so health foods like pizza, chocolate, wine, etc., but in moderation.

As far as sleep, well, there's a huge link between sleep and weight. If you figure that one out, let me know - I'm writing this at 3:10 am (I've under stress at work right now and woke up way too early).

Hello Dianne, I tried doing the no carb thimg 2 years ago, I was so sluggish for the 2 weeks i was on it. No energy, I am also a hairdresser, our work can be very demanding, we are on our feet all day, plus holding our arms up. I lost a little weight but it was just not for me. I started weight watchers and it works. Basically, it is eating sensibly, portion control, and learning to eat right all your life. I know a lot of people that lost weight doing no carbs, but the minute they started eating carbs again the weight came back on. I agree with RB try the whole grain carbs they are much better for you, your body must need the fuel if you are so tired.

Good Morning 10% Loosers!

I got stuck at work until late yesterday, so by the time we had a couple of drinks and dinner it was so late. I watered my flowers and bushes and went to bed without my 2mile walk:mad: you see how easy it is to make excuses? I did get up at 0500 an walk this morning. Unfortunatly, I didn't eat very Atkins friendly last night, like ebedore I made some bad choices:rolleyes: But I am not going to give up, today is another day.

Diane- I hope you get to feeling better. My daughter said the same thing when she tried the low-carb, wouldn't you know it, she is a hairdresser too:D How funny! It does sound like you maybe need more fuel in your body. Congrats on the pound lost! Keep us posted.

Hey guys, just a few more thoughts on the low carb WOE. I have done Atkins several times since the 80's. It always works well for me in the beginning, but then I start to plateau or maybe I just get bored with the meat, low carb veggies, whatever routine and push the limits some and don't lose as well... I was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago and my MD recommended a lower carb WOE...she actually advocates South Beach. Every time I started the strictest phases of either Atkins or SB I would feel terrible and give up. I kept reading and my MD kept encouraging me to cut the carbs, so I made myself stick with the plan. I felt physically ill for 4-5 days, then I felt so much better....All those nasty carbs craving were gone...It is like an addict getting off drugs. I don't ever want to go throught that phase again...But my point is...if you can get past the first week, quality of life improves dramatically...Anyone else have a similar experience?

OK enuf of that....WOE is going good...WOEx :( ...still struggling. I was reading that iPod thread...maybe I need to organize some songs to help me...Any thing to help me get going.....

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow I have my first WI since I started WWdotcom. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully I can drop 3 pounds like some of you! :D

For those of you familiar with WW, I had a good week on plan, I used 12 activity points but I still have 12.5 flex points left over.

I'm SOOO tempted right now to grab a chocolate candy bar from our vending machines. I could use flex points for it, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

But I'm trying to avoid temptation and empty calories! I made some iced fruit tea in the meantime and thought I would come on to CC to say hello!

Help me to say no!!! :o

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow I have my first WI since I started WWdotcom. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it goes, hopefully I can drop 3 pounds like some of you! :D

For those of you familiar with WW, I had a good week on plan, I used 12 activity points but I still have 12.5 flex points left over.

I'm SOOO tempted right now to grab a chocolate candy bar from our vending machines. I could use flex points for it, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

But I'm trying to avoid temptation and empty calories! I made some iced fruit tea in the meantime and thought I would come on to CC to say hello!

Help me to say no!!! :o

RachieLnnn:=

Back away from the vending machine! :p

Seriously, though - I eat chocolate all the time, but I wouldn't bother w/ some lousy vending machine stuff. I buy large bars of the extra dark, high percent cocoa stuff - 3 squares = 4 points.

BUT - here's the catch . . . I can only eat it using Activty Points! The daily points have to be used for healthy food; the flex points are saved for difficult situations (meals out, parties, or other times I can't control what I eat) or for super hungry days. Activity points are for chocolate or ice cream.

Oh, wine counts as a healthy food, btw, so I can use dailypoints for that! :D

HI there RachieLynn!!!

Please dont reach out there for that candy bar my dear.. oh gosh....thats a NO NO sweetieeeeeeeeeeeee.. no no nooooooooooooooooo!!! just think of what you will have to do to make up for that?? I know its hard.. believe me I KNOW.. but i have been off sugar now for a wk and 1/2, dont even WANT it now... you CAN do this ya know?? we can ALL do this...JUST SAY NO!!! did i can hear you say its still calling your name!!! rachieeeee, rachieeeeeeee, cant get it off your mind?? go get a BIG glass of water, cold water, and get your mind off of it....I understand, its not that easy. :( BUT...;)

If you can get away from the sugar 3 days, NO sugar at all, you will get that want out of your system.. OK?? please be good and not cheat.... you are paying for this!!!!! in $$$$$$'s lol....

im not trying to discourage you, just being firm, and hoping you will continue with your good record so far with your WW... write everything down now, ok?? This monday will be my second weigh in, only im not doing WW, but i 'am' a WW.. once a WW, always a WW i do believe.

Sam, what a coinsidence on your daughter being a hairdresser!!! YEAH!!! its a fun job, i love it.been doing it for 22 yrs...

as i sit here munching on a handful of almonds, im thinking im afraid to eat anything!!! Im afriad to do the WW thing again, and add the bread, even the wheat bread. if i start eating it, that will ruin wht i have started. im like an alcoholic with it. once started, oops!!! i need MORE AND MORE.....i wanna loose this weight sooo badly this time i can taste it.. but dont want to eat.. now just HOW silly is THAT?? LOL ya know, i 'am' doing WW really, now that im thinking about it.. just not eating breads and pastas or sugar and little added fats. i may use olive oil a bit on a salad, but thats all.....im afraid to eat the cheese too, because of so much fat. i do eat cottage cheese tho...the 1 1/2 %. cant do the fat free.. that is NASTY!!! LOL its like eating thick bubbly water, mixed in with the cottage cheese.. ha ha ha....

Have you ever Grilled your veggies outside on your grill.. OMGosh.. soooooo awesome....thats how i do my peppers, onions and squash...its soooo goood...pineapple is good too on there... i grill alot!!!

Swansonia, i know exactly where you are comming from with the withdrawls from carbs.. im in week 2 now, cant wait to weigh again... i NEED a home scale for gosh sakes!! its rediculous haveing to go down to the grocery store, and stand on that GREAT BIG scale.:eek: but everyone looks forward to it..

Thanks to everyone for their input on our 'shortcommings'. and im sorry too that i get overwinded on here.

have a great evening,

Diane :D

Thanks, RB Bonzo & Diane!!!

I am pleased to say that I did NOT buy the candy bar!!! :D

I did recognize genuine hunger and so I bought some pretzels instead.

Although I technically had the WW points for it, I had a glass of milk with dinner instead. At least that way I can knock off a calcium serving!!!

Thanks again for the support!

Now, tomorrow I have my first WWdotcom WI, I'll keep you posted!

Congratulations to all of you 'losers'! You are doing so well and are an inspiration to me. It's been hectic at our house the last week. We got our son off to Boston to do his PhD and then my youngest son was in a car accident. No one was hurt which is the most important thing but dealing with insurance companies, repair shop, etc. has kept me running and getting no exercise. On weigh in day I stayed exactly the same which was satisfying under the circumstances. I plan to get back on my exercise track this weekend. Until then I'll do my best to stay on my diet plan. Easier said than done but I'll do my best!

Good going everyone!

:) Cherie

:D

For various reasons, I knew my 10% challenge weigh-in last Friday was on the high-side, and this week I made up for it.

I'm down 2.8 lbs for a total of 6. I am over 25% of the way to meeting my next 10%!

OH RB...

that is SOOOOO wonderful!! it really give ya a boost doesnt it?

i can feel this morning my body is a little different.. i can tell thre will be a loss on monday for sure!!!

congrats on your loss again.. im happy for you.. its a 'challenge' for sure!!

later!!

Diane :D

Good Morning 10%ers

Good news RB! 2.8lbs. I know that helps keep ya goin! I was reading your post about WW and points and wine, sounds like I need to switch to WW:D

Diane- keeping our fingers crossed for Monday!

Cheri- I am sorry about your son's accident, I am glad he is ok. If you didn't gain thru all the stress I would count that as a successful week for sure.

RachiLynn- you are da` woman! You stayed away from the vending machine!!!! Atta girl;) I keep SF chocolate truffels in my desk for after lunch, I have only one and it satisfies me, can you have SF choc on WW?

Ya'll have a good week-end.

Hey all!

I had my first WI since starting WW online. I'm down a pound! I'll take it. Goodbye 180's!

Since I started diet & exercise several months ago, I'm not dropping weight as fast as I first was. But a loss is a loss. :) I was hoping for more since I just started WW online though.

I am starting to feel much more toned, I'll take muscle anyday over fat, regardless of what the scale says!

Hey all!

I had my first WI since starting WW online. I'm down a pound! I'll take it. Goodbye 180's!

Since I started diet & exercise several months ago, I'm not dropping weight as fast as I first was. But a loss is a loss. :) I was hoping for more since I just started WW online though.

I am starting to feel much more toned, I'll take muscle anyday over fat, regardless of what the scale says!

Congrats on the 1 pound loss. I know what you are saying about the weight loss slowing down. The lower i get the harder it is. It is great when you move to a different set of numbers. The leader at my ww group will say you are in a new decade.

Congrats RachieLynn on the pound loss, and 180s gone forever! I hope to say that on Monday, I am so close I can feel it! Of course that depends on which scale I get on:rolleyes: I think you can figure which one I will report on...he-he.

I like that (new decade) analogy, I'll have to remember that one:D

Good luck this week-end to all ya'll, hope Monday is kind to us all.

Archived