10% in 3 months

RB Bonzo

Welcome A board! :D Karen!

If you haven't - yet - read past pages of this thread! Lots of fun & funny people on here and if there's one thing we all want to do is - Get Rid of 10%! :D

What is your plan of attack? or Way of Eating? Exercising? Lots of variety on exercise here - Kick boxing Annie, I'm mostly a walker, very dedicated gym-sters and runners! Whatever it takes to get you up and moving!

Keep us posted on how your doing!

Well I have cut out most of my junkfood and I am trying to eat more smaller meals with healthier food. I tried the couch potato to 5K program but with this much weight it makes my knees hurt so I have been using the elliptical at the gym and I will add some light weight training after a couple of weeks.

I also have been doing a lot of yard work which isn't hurting me any. I just want to stay motivated so I figured talking to you guys on the message boards is a great step towards that goal.

I also have been doing a lot of yard work which isn't hurting me any. I just want to stay motivated so I figured talking to you guys on the message boards is a great step towards that goal.

Karen, I swear that yard work can be a killer, I was out pulling weeds and trimming back things a week ago and was sorer that when I do a regular work out. Must be using different muscles.

Dianne

This article talks about all of the hidden fats and calories that can lurk in restaurant salads. It gives an example of one restaurant salad that has "1,320 calories, 91 grams of fat, 2,860 milligrams of sodium and a whopping 33 Weight Watchers points" :eek:

Hi everyone,

I am finally, gulp, ready to commit (again) to losing this weight. My daughters, 17 & 20, and I started today. We are cruising in December -- right in the middle of the holidays! I am 5'7", female, 181 lbs today (EEEW:eek: !). Anyway, we are following weight watchers, counting points, and trying to include exercise. My daughters and I swore to each other that we would encourage each other to be "good", because we are all weak and can easily convince each other to cheat. :o That's why I thought it would be good for me to check in here too. The more accountable I am, the better I do.

I've always struggled with my weight, up and down, but I am really ready to make some changes that will stick this time. Wish me luck!!:D

Hey there Cherie, girl you better get crackin' you have a cruise comming up in 60 days! I know you are shooting for the January cruise, but have you bought your formal yet? I just thought I would lite a fire under you...he-he.:p

Hi Annie....I can feel the fire that you set under me and I appreciate it. I can use all the motivation that I can get! I want to lose at least 6 more pounds by my Oct. 1st cruise so you are right, I need to get with it. I'm off to the gym right now!

WELCOME! Karin and momonmeds!! We are happy that you have joined our happy and motivated group! It sounds like you both 'have a plan' and are on your way to losing your 10%!! Good Luck!! and much success.

:) Cherie

This article talks about all of the hidden fats and calories that can lurk in restaurant salads. It gives an example of one restaurant salad that has "1,320 calories, 91 grams of fat, 2,860 milligrams of sodium and a whopping 33 Weight Watchers points" :eek:

Thanks for sharing the article RB....though I have heard this warning berfore the article brought it home. :eek: I'm going to be watching myself at those salad bars much more closely now.

:) Cherie

ICONATOR_cbfe34d91aff9b8cd4862d10ea.gif

Monday July 30

Name/Loss This Week/Total Lost in Challenge/LBS to Lose to get to 10%

RB Bonzo / 2.8 / 6.0/ 17.6 lbs to go!

NMCruzzin / 2.0 / 8.0/ 15 to go!

Annie 2.5/ 5.5 / 13 to go!

1 'n' Diane 3.0 / 6.0 / 15 to go!

Just copy this and paste on your Reply to Thread - and add your stats!

This is GREAT!! thanks RB for this clever posting for us...

The LBS are comming down i see by the weigh-in!! GOOD WORK Guys and Gals!! :D

WELCOME Karen and Momonmeds...This is the first day of the rest of your life... good choice for making your decision and for joining us here in the 10% club. you will get so much out of it.. I surely have!!

I have to say, I LOVE my new WOE!! its really working for me!!:D

Today I went to lunch with my son. Chinese. Im hoping i didnt blow it too bad. I had nothing fried with batter, and no lo-mein. LOTS of veggies...MMMm were they good!! Maybe I can do this every 2 weeks, and see how my willpower holds up!!! so far, so good.

Maybe I need to get out and work in MY yard... its just soooo hot!!! :(

Have a good week y'all, (no cheating now!!!! ya hear??)

Diane (1 n ) ;)

Monday July 30

skertso/0/ 1.2/ 17 to go!

1'n' Diane 3.0/6.0/ 15 to go!!

Im sorry, I goofed up, but I hope I fixed what I did... I left out skertso, and "Im soooo sorry", but I did put you back in there.. We're rollin again!

1n Diane I just love you! Okay a little early but!

Monday July 30

2n Dianne 3.0/15.0 lbs to go (First week)

This is fun you guys!

Dianne (2ns

Hi guys !!! I had a pretty good week and I am happy to report that I have now lost 2.1% of my body weight since joining this thread. This is great since I had been on a plateau for the previous three weeks...Have a great week every one...

Ppaxton 2/2/24 to go!

Okay - not off to a record start, but I forgot it was my Mom's 25th Anniversary and we would be travelling/celebrating this weekend, so I figure any minus is a plus - lol

Mornin' Losers!

Daine (2ns) looks like you did good for your first week!!!!

Pat 2lbs last week, wonderful!!!!

Sheila- please post your results tomorrow, I know you will have success:p

congrats to all who lost and hang in there to all who stayed the same.

Annie:)

1n Diane I just love you! Okay a little early but!

Monday July 30

Carol 2.3/2.5/19 to go!

Hi guys,

Thank you to all of you for your support of each other and me! It feels great to lose almost 5 pounds. I think that breaking it into managable segments like we are doing makes so much more sense than looking at 100+ pounds! Congrats to everyone and keep up the good work!

Carol

I normally stay off the scale during the week so I don't get depressed when it doesn't move every day, but for some reason I got on it again this morning. Important note - you should weigh yourself at the same time every day. I went down another 2 pounds!

Monday July 30

Ppaxton 4.0 / 4.0 / 22 to go!

Carol 2.3/2.5/19 to go!

So I will fix my post now that I read the directions:

Monday July 30

2n Dianne 3.0/3.0/15.0 lbs to go

Carol 2.3/2.5/19 to go!

Wow everyone is doing well with this. I'm so glad we are all posting.

Annie Thanks, I know it won't be that way every week but it feels good to see it.

Sheila I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you have a good weigh in!

RB~I love the goal idea.

Dianne

Hi everyone....the stat list is looking good isn't it! Just seeing it is very motivating. The group as a whole has lost over 36 lbs already. Way to go everyone on a fine week of losing!

I had one of my best days yesterday, my diet went according to plan, I got to the gym for my full workout and I got all my water in. My dietician son suggests 64 ozs of water each day so I shoot for that every day. Does anyone else have a water goal each day? I feel like I'm drinking all day but it also help with appetite suppression so I keep at it.

Congrats again losers and I hope that everyone has a successful day!

:)Cherie

ICONATOR_cbfe34d91aff9b8cd4862d10ea.gif

Atta girl Cherie!!! I guess that fire helped:D Good for you getting to the gym:cool:

As for the water intake, I have always heard that you should drink half your body weight... if you weigh 150lbs you should drink 75oz....does that make since? Of course we wished we weighed 150lbs:p My doctor told me this years ago, "after the scary crash diet" and I have always tried to stick with that, but if I get my 64oz I feel like I am ok. When you get used to it you feel funny if you don't get enough H20, if 10:00 rolls around and I haven't had any water I start to get tired.

Well that's my .02 worth:p

Annie:)

Annie and Cheri, I agree with you on the water. I didn't drink enough yesterday and went on a point eating binge. I didn't go over but I ate a lot of my WW goodies. Nutrition wise it was bad. When I drink my water it helps with the cravings.

Dianne(2ns)

Monday July 30

2n Dianne 3.0/3.0/15.0 lbs to go

Carol 2.3/2.5/19 to go!

ebedore 0/4.0/20 to go!