Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

And to you too Nancy! :). I do hope Roz is enjoying herself with her Big Boy and not fretting too much about MissB. We know what she's like! ;):)

Colleen - any news about Oz and retirement plans? (Have told some people about your predicament and they are all shocked, totally shocked that anyone would think of parting you two!).

Happy Anniversary DKD. We are doing a late Anniversary cruise starting Saturday.

Hope Roz and Horty are having a great time.

Have a good weekend everyone and talk to you when we get back.

Hi WEX----XXXX OOOOO

We sail out of Ft Lauderdale Saturday------on the Freedom.

Happy Anniversary DKD. We are doing a late Anniversary cruise starting Saturday.

Hi WEX----XXXX OOOOO

Trudy - have a lovely late anniversary cruise - What time are you sailing - I will wave you off on the webcam! :)

Wex is a lucky boy getting all those kisses and hugs from his Aunty T! :D

Trudy - have a lovely late anniversary cruise - What time are you sailing - I will wave you off on the webcam! :)

Wex is a lucky boy getting all those kisses and hugs from his Aunty T! :D

Sail time is 4pm----our cabin is 8388,Aft and port side----so I will be waving back.

Thanks everyone for the A Wishes.

Hi WEX----XXXX OOOOO

Have a great cruise Trudy!!!!!! Wex sends his love! oxoxox

I too will have my 36th anniversary on October 8th! Long time isn't it? :-);)

Exact same date and number of years!! Happy Anniversary!! :D

And thanks all for the well wishes.

Wow what are the chances of this happening? Amazing!

And to you too Nancy! :). I do hope Roz is enjoying herself with her Big Boy and not fretting too much about MissB. We know what she's like! ;):)

Colleen - any news about Oz and retirement plans? (Have told some people about your predicament and they are all shocked, totally shocked that anyone would think of parting you two!).

No new news on the retirement plans except it will be before March 2014...will try to influence change again in another couple of weeks.

This is how it was explained to me, if I understand it correctly. If I had a guide dog for the blind, he/she would be reactive to commands your commands. But, if you have a guide dog for the deaf, the dog is proactive......it never stops working, even out of harness, as he/she is "hearing" for me 24/7. Therefore, the dog would continue to "hear" and "alert" after retirement.

I think I have it right, or mostly right. Will let you know of any changes...promise. Wish me luck!

224746_6025626692_1278_n.jpg.fe6945f8c4cc7432ece22ac11197b5f0.jpg

No new news on the retirement plans except it will be before March 2014...will try to influence change again in another couple of weeks.

This is how it was explained to me, if I understand it correctly. If I had a guide dog for the blind, he/she would be reactive to commands your commands. But, if you have a guide dog for the deaf, the dog is proactive......it never stops working, even out of harness, as he/she is "hearing" for me 24/7. Therefore, the dog would continue to "hear" and "alert" after retirement.

I think I have it right, or mostly right. Will let you know of any changes...promise. Wish me luck!

Who's to say it would not alert the new person it was with. I'm sure when Roz asked Horty to "get", Brenny probably got up to "get" too at the beginning. I don't know :( I just feel so bad and hope things work out for you. :D