Do you act on suggestions made on Cruise Critic?

Afts are not all alike. It depends on the class of ship. The above pictures are just a couple of examples.

As far as humps go, the balconies are like any others, except for the top decks' cabins, whose balconies are generally larger. Hope the above information helps you a little.

Back to the table for dinner. Is the table number on your Seapass card? I have not sailed in a couple of years and I can't remember. I want to make sure our groups get seated as requested as soon as we can.

Back to the table for dinner. Is the table number on your Seapass card? I have not sailed in a couple of years and I can't remember. I want to make sure our groups get seated as requested as soon as we can.

Yes. As soon as everyone has their seapass you can check to make sure you are all at the same table number.

I didn't know anything about cruise critic before my 1st cruise and made newbies mistakes. I spent a great deal of time on CC before my second cruise and what a difference!

I especially enjoyed suggestions on picking out cabins, places not to miss on the various ships, foods to avoid and most recently tour suggestions.

My husband has no idea how much of my planning is a result of CC! He never complains though as things are well planned.

CC taught me to plan and book ahead to get the rooms we like.

I have cruises booked already in January, June, and November 2008 and January 2009.

I have already saved $400 by checking prices often, but not yet every day.:)

Yes, I do follow suggestions I found on here, but not all of them. We did check out our table on our 6/07 AOS cruise, but it was just to know where it is so we weren't searching with everyone else at dinner time. :)

I'm usually a lurker, but CC paid off BIG TIME for DH and myself when we took teh BOS into the Panama Canal --- we learned so much about what to expect and what not to miss. Specifics included using Charlie Soto, being on the helicopter deck when we entered the canal, which excursion to take for the canal and general info about the ship.

As others have said, read it all, sort thru it and se what makes sense for your family.

We LOVE Cruise Critic and appreciate everyoe's input! Happy Sails!

Our first cruise was on Enchantment in March 2006. Didn't know about CC then, but we did some stuff "right" anyway -

Flew from Dulles to FLL first flight of the day, arrived early (around 10:30am) decided to go to port and just wait around, but of course we got right on the ship, got our soda cards and were having lunch in the Windjammer by noon. Got to our room around 1, wiped down surfaces with wipes, checked our table assignment, explored the ship thoroughly and were well settled by muster drill. Got up on deck for sailaway, changed for dinner ... had a blast the first night! Every day just got better, 'til it was time to go home :(

There are lots of things you do when you travel that just make good sense to do when cruising, but CC is the best for learning about the ships and ports of call, and what to wear and what to buy. Tips for packing, advice on tipping ... and so much more, all invaluable! And it's such a blast (sometimes literally!) reading all about the hot topics :D

I love CC ... have to check it every day! Getting ready for our cruise in the Med and I'm so happy to know about CC and looking forward to meeting fellow subscribers :)

I wont be going to the dining room ...But I will be staying in a aft cabin, with my over the door shoe holder packed. I will be bringing the binoculars that were recommended, the clothespins, and ordering the furit and cheese plate room service. You bet I use all the GREAT advice I find here:)

I check it every day. I feel like we are friends and all have the same affliction. Who but another cruise nut would understand me! My other unenlightened non-cruiser friends don't have a clue what they are missing. I've learned so much from this forum and I think over the years, I've dropped a few hints myself. This is the best of all the cruise related forums.

Both times we've cruised, we've checked our table assignment within 1 hour of getting on board. Both times, there were mistakes that were easily rectified. There might have been 2 other people doing the same thing at the same time. Even if there arn't challenges with your table assignment, it's much easier to find your table # when the dining room is empty!

I feel that both cruises were greatly enhanced b/c of the tips I picked up on CC. Not to mention that I greatly enjoyed the months leading up to the cruise while living vicariously through everyone else who cruised before me!

Truly, this board has been invaluable to me.....all the tips and advise about cabin selection, what to do at different ports of call, good pre-cruise hotels, even got an awesome tip on a sale and cancelled then re-booked the same cruise, same cabin I just cancelled for almost $1000 less! incredible help on here, I love it!

Thank you to everyone that has assisted me with wonderful advise etc over the past few years.

I certainly take CC suggestions into consideration, but do not follow every suggestion to a tee! If I did, I'd be bringing 3 suitcases with just for all the "stuff" I needed! For example I have never felt compelled to bring a bungee cord or an over the door shoe organizer. But I learned all about aft and hump cabins and specialty restaurants (probably would never have forked out the extra $$ for that on my own, but boy are we glad we tried them!).

But I do value the advise and have certainly learned lots. My DH often asks me how I knew about this or that. Well, I heard it on CC of course!

Well, you are one up on me then. I have added so much stuff to my travel necessities (not just for cruises) that we almost have to take an additional suitcase. We don't go anywhere without duct tape and bungee cords...and for a cruise, the shoe organizer is the BEST idea we ever got from CC.

We have also found several private cruise tours through our fellow CCers. Thanks, Everyone! Keep the advice coming!!!!

First thing I do, depending on room availability is get my Cruise Starter Cocktail and then Lunch.

May check my table, but not high on the list.

One thing you will learn about these threads is that you will hear quite a variety of opinions. Avoid those that are too "vocal" and look for the calmer replies.

Archived