VISA's

margord

I am cruising on the Diamond Princess to New Zealand and Australia. DO I need VISA's? How do I go about getting them? Can I get them through the cruise line? How long does it take and how much is it?

Thanks in advance.

I am cruising on the Diamond Princess to New Zealand and Australia. DO I need VISA's? How do I go about getting them? Can I get them through the cruise line? How long does it take and how much is it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes check with your TA or the cruiseline...our cruiseline doesn't do them--you can go online & for about $20 get it right then online & print it out--then it will be in the system for when you arrive at the airport & they put your name into the system...but take the printed one with you "just incase"..if you get your own--I got mine about 3 weeks ago. You just need a credit card if you have to get your own.

Either don't need one for NZ or the one for AUS will work-can't remember which but know I didn't have to get another--you cannot stay more than 3 months with it tho.

We went on a Hal cruise to NZ and Aust. last Nov-Dec. and had quite discussion about needing a visa for the cruise head on this site. I got all excited over thinking I didn't have one, when my TA said I did and had taken care of the arrangements. Boy was I wrong, anyway our TA had it all taken care of for us, we never had to do anything and it went really smoothly for us.

My TA told me that it would just be in Australia's computers (our passport numbers and other info they need on the passengers). Somehow I don't think we'll be getting anything concrete.

My TA told me that it would just be in Australia's computers (our passport numbers and other info they need on the passengers). Somehow I don't think we'll be getting anything concrete.

Thanks

JMS - we went through the same thing when we went on our cruise to NZ and Australia in Nov.d-Dec. 2006. It looked like in our package that there was not enough information to tell us we okay with the visa situation. I talked to my TA several times about it and she assured me that everything was taken of. It turned she was absolutely correct. We were never questioned about anything and it all went smoothly. Our TA had made all the arrangements.

I see a company on -line fastozvisa.com that does it for $12. Has anyone used them??
Would you really go to some totally-unknown company and entrust them with your passport and credit card details just to save five measly bucks? The official Australian government site only costs $17.
The visa itself costs $75. I think the $12 is a service fee.
Actually, I think that if you qualify for an ETA, it's free. The only thing you pay is whatever service fee the provider charges. The government's own website is AUD 20 = USD 17. But others can do it for less, and some airlines have been known to do it for free.

The AUD 75 fee is for anyone who requires a full tourist visa, not just an ETA.

Archived