NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

I've lost the link for purchasing the $1.00 coins and is there a way to charge Visa/MC gift cards using the Compass M/C?

Here's the $1.00 coin link http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=27238&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=16238&top_category=16238

I've had no luck buying Visa/MC gift cards, they all want debt cards. I did have luck with Amazon, Albertson, Walmart, Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes, Safeway, Costco and some others. I think I have spend all of 2009's budget on gift cards :eek: . Be warned though, if you spend like I did last week, BoA will probably notate something in your account and you'll have to call them to get the charges to go thru. I didn't have as much problem with the purchases that were done in person as the online ones. I did get over the embaressment of having my card declined after about the third time it happened. All charges were finally approved (after I verified a few things and convinced BoA it was really me doing the charging).

Well I have about 250 points right now. I know I can do 250 more by the end of the year easily so that I would be able to get my first and probably last $500 certificate.

I keep trying to figure out how I could do 750 points to get the 1000. My closing date is today, the 20th. ...so I do have 250. But can I get 250 by Nov 20, another 250 by Dec 20...and then I would have about 10 days to get another 250 points. Keep in mind that for 3% it would be spending over $8 for each 250. I need to get over it and just be happy to get the one and only $500 cert...but my mind keeps whirling...

Just a couple of quick questions. I booked a cruise online today with a TA. Made the deposit of $500, with the final payment due in June. I plan on using 3 $500 certificates.

I'd like to go ahead and make final payment with my NCL credit card before the end of this year so I can earn 4% back. If I make the final payment before the end of this year, then in January when I receive my 3 $500 certificates mail them in, will my credit card be refunded $1500? Or do the certificates need to be sent in BEFORE final payment is due? Has anyone gotten their card credited for certificates mailed in after you have already made the final payment?

Also, when I go to mail the certificates in, do I mail them to the NCL accounting department, or do I send them to my TA? I'd feel more comfortable with everything going smoothly dealing directly with NCL and I assume the TA after getting them from me just have to forward them to NCL on my behalf.

Certificates should be miled in prior to final payment or as final payment. They will not credit your credit card. YOu might be able to negotiate some sort of shipboard credit but I doubt if it would be $1,500. I generally fed ex my certificates to the addres on the back and then check in a week to see if payment was credited.

Probably depends on the number of points. I probably won't have more than 400 by the end of December billing period.

I have/had two accounts that each had ~250 points. In my opinion, nothing below the $500 cert is worth using. I felt I needed to get each card to 500 points to make use of the original points (that each card had when the program change was announced). I really didn't want to loose (which I felt I would if I accepted anything less than the $500 cert) the original points.

Luckly, I received a 0% interest til 2010 on balance transfers w/ no balance transfer fee, credit card offer right at the time BoA/NCL changed the program. So, I've charged up the BoA card (to maximize points) and did a balance transfer to CapOne.

Certificates should be miled in prior to final payment or as final payment. They will not credit your credit card. YOu might be able to negotiate some sort of shipboard credit but I doubt if it would be $1,500. I generally fed ex my certificates to the addres on the back and then check in a week to see if payment was credited.

This has not been my experience. On my last cruise, I sent in $1,000 in certificates after final payment and my credit card was credited back the $1,000. I know what the certificates say but actual practice has proven that wrong.

Sea Hound:D

Several answers or assumptions :rolleyes:

1) No, you cannot commbine points from separate cards. Each account stands on its own.

2) The poster who has 3 certificates now. You can wait for them to mail to you automatically or you request them now and avoid the rush.

Mail them directly to the address on the back, send them by trackable mail, keep copies of both sides of your certificates, let your TA (if any) know you have sent payment. You could mail them to your TA but he just has to forward them on to NCL, so cut out a step.

3) If you are sending 3 certificates and your balance is only 1,000, your $500 deposit will be credited back to your c/c

4) As I read it, closing day for points 12/31 has nothing to do with your billing date. One is points, the other is dollars, so there's no need to stress out over your closing date, unless you need to charge more than 250 points/month.

Hope that helps

This has not been my experience. On my last cruise, I sent in $1,000 in certificates after final payment and my credit card was credited back the $1,000. I know what the certificates say but actual practice has proven that wrong.

Sea Hound:D

Me too, Sea Hound! They could change things now, though......

Oh, not me. I want those points.

I want the points too!!!! I think gift cards to grocery stores or gas stations with no expiration date, may be the way to get to our goal. We will all use gas and groceries in 2008! (Just make sure th place you purchase them from is in good shape financially).

My cutoff date was Oct 17 and I have 419 points. If I am creative, I think I can get to 1000. I am still unclear if the max for the last parial month - from Dec 18 to 31 is still 250 or if this is prorated.... Time for a long call to BOA to see if they have the definited answer to this somewhere.

Thank you for the link. What I was really trying to determine was: If my statement cut off date is Dec 17 and I earn Compass points between Dec 18 and 31, can I earn the max of 250 per month during that 13 day period, or would the max be prorated to say 109 points????

I have the answer to my own question! I called BOA, and they tell me that if the cut off Date is Dec 16, then I can earn a max of 250 points between Dec 17 & 31, and the max is not prorated. This is good news for me, since spring tution is due early in Jan, so if I charge it by the end of Dec, I can get lots of Compas Points, which may help me reach my 1,000 goal. Now, I just need to juggle the next two billing cycles to make sure I am earning as much as I can.

Good luck to the rest of you! I sure will miss this card......

Remember, it occasionally takes 4-5 days for a charge to get posted to the BofA account. I plan to have everything charged by mid-December at the latest to get my last $500 and be on the safe side.

Well, that is a good point, but I think anything charged before Christmas would definiely be posted by Dec 31. That still gives me at least a week to put the tuition on the card and buy some grocery/gas cards.

from what i read they are replacing the card with a new one, i will go back and check the site again about the change over

Yes, you are right... but the number will remain the same. They will be mailed out in Dec/Jan, and the face of the card will be different. We will be part of the wonderful new and exciting (ha!) World Points program, where it will most likely take us 3 times as long to earn a free cruise, and they will tell us which cruises we can use our points on. I am searching for a different card....