NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

If you are like us, we get a BA balcony AFT and we get no upgrade since an AF is a mini suite, but no perks since it is a Deluxe balcony. BB to a BA to use it. An inside to a higher inside but not an oceanview, an oceanview to a higher oceanview but not to a balcony. So they are a waste, if you do not use them to get what you want, buy a level down to get the highest one you want.

So that's it!

If I have to settle for 'free upgrate' sertificates, does anybody know how exactly it would work?

Should I reserve a cabin in lower category and then get a free upgrade? How do I make sure then I get a cabin I want? Or reserve a cabin I want but pay for it as if it was in the lower cat?

Edited by AFT_LOVER

I was looking over that NcL cc application that is shown on ncl.com. It says after 1st transaction you will receive 5,000 points.

If we who are converting from compass to wp get those 5,000 point with OUR 1st transaction with the worldpoints program, then I plan on making at least a nominal charge on my card just to get the 5000 pnts.

5,000 points translates to $50 OBC according to the worldpoints info on ncl.

I will take it before I say bye bye.:D

I was looking over that NcL cc application that is shown on ncl.com. It says after 1st transaction you will receive 5,000 points.

If we who are converting from compass to wp get those 5,000 point with OUR 1st transaction with the worldpoints program, then I plan on making at least a nominal charge on my card just to get the 5000 pnts.

5,000 points translates to $50 OBC according to the worldpoints info on ncl.

I will take it before I say bye bye.:D

I've asked about that statement of "5,000 points for first purchase" in this thread. The person that answered said it's only for NEW applicants. Is it your impression that it pertains to all of us who've had the compass card?

Although I would be speculating, I would expect the 5,000 points they are offering for new accounts would pertain to us as well. We would be new with the worldpoints. I have not used the card this year yet and will wait until I know if I can benefit in any way. If we don't get some type of incentive...well then there is no incentive to use the card. I think it is quite interesting that we still have no information regarding this card. It makes me think they are still rethinking what to do with us.

Where have people who have recently redeemed certificates mailed them to? I see the address on the first page of this thread, and I have a completely different address on the back of my certificates. My travel agent also gave me a third, completely different address. I want to make sure these get processed as quickly as possible as my final payment is due next week!

Thanks!

Can anyone who has a closing date early in the month let the rest of us know if your final Compass Rewards balance was on your January statement (paper or online) or if you were able to get it by phone? Thanks!

I think this is going to be a pain.....I just DH's online statement (closing date of 1/5/09). The ONLY points that were earned were from NCL ($500 onboard charges for Dec cruise) and the points got the bonus rate of 1% only. There are no points calculated/received at the 3%, from NCL or any other charges.

December's statement had 481 points, January's has 486 points. No credit for the $1000 in December charges...:mad:

Ugg, will have to call BoA, but think DH is going to have to do that since it's his account.

I think this is going to be a pain.....I just DH's online statement (closing date of 1/5/09). The ONLY points that were earned were from NCL ($500 onboard charges for Dec cruise) and the points got the bonus rate of 1% only. There are no points calculated/received at the 3%, from NCL or any other charges.

December's statement had 481 points, January's has 486 points. No credit for the $1000 in December charges...:mad:

Ugg, will have to call BoA, but think DH is going to have to do that since it's his account.

Oh, no!!! I hope there is a real person on the phone who knows what is going on and can sort all this out! If any of you call and get someone who knows what they're doing at BOA, please get a name/email address/mailing address/phone extension, so each of us does not have to "reinvent the wheel" if we all have the same problem when our closing date arrives!

Where have people who have recently redeemed certificates mailed them to? I see the address on the first page of this thread, and I have a completely different address on the back of my certificates. My travel agent also gave me a third, completely different address. I want to make sure these get processed as quickly as possible as my final payment is due next week!

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing, rccoble.

I just called NCL and they gave me the PO box on the back of the Compass rewards certificate. He said that this would work for certified or regular mail.

When I asked about a physical address where I could FedEx the certificates (as a TA in the past, I learned my lesson about the necessity of being able to track important travel-related correspondence) the rep gave me the following address:

Norwegian Cruise Line

ATTN: Payment Application Department

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami FL 33126.

This is the same address I used when successfully submitting certificates on 1/18/2008, except that then I put it ATTN: Accounting.

I would send them express if you haven't sent them already. It may take a day or two for them to be applied after receiving them, so you don't want your final payment date to pass. : )

Edited by zimmerjulie

I was wondering the same thing, rccoble. I will send my Compass Rewards certificates by certified mail and since this requires a signature of receipt, the PO box on back of the certificates is not suitable. Last time I mailed in certificates (1/18/2008) I sent them to NCL/Acccounting Dept, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami FL 33126. Can anybody verify that this is still a good address for this sort of thing?

Hopefully someone will have a quick answer, if you haven't already sent them.

I have sent them certified mail to the PO Box twice and had no problem. However, I know that others have sent them to a physical address.

Thanks!

I was wondering the same thing, rccoble. I will send my Compass Rewards certificates by certified mail and since this requires a signature of receipt, the PO box on back of the certificates is not suitable. Last time I mailed in certificates (1/18/2008) I sent them to NCL/Acccounting Dept, 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami FL 33126. Can anybody verify that this is still a good address for this sort of thing?

Hopefully someone will have a quick answer, if you haven't already sent them.

Sent some in Dec and used the Corporate Center Dr address.

Well, I'm pretty disappointed if we are going to have to fight for our points and reward certificate(s). It appears that BOA and NCL are not talking to each other concerning this issue. BOA sends the letter saying no more Compass points accumulate after Dec statement but NCL website says they will accumulate through Dec 31. If this gets too difficult I will quit them both.

I have 3 cruises booked with NCL, but I don't have a problem canceling and I definetlly don't have a problem not using BOA card.:mad:

Marlissa,

Any news today? Sounds like you and I are in the same boat (no pun intended, unless, of course, you are on the Majesty next week). I had to earn about 100 points from Dec. 15(ish) through the end of Dec and did that with charges to spare.

We won't have a statement here until another week or so, so I can't see what's happening with our points.

Has anyone else had a Jan. closing date and earned points for December?

Thanks!

Follow-up to the above post...

DH spoke w/BoA last night. According to CSR he spoke with, B0A is aware that 'some' of the accounts did not get point credits for December and they are working on the issue...CSR is sending email (on our behalf) to someone to get the points added and they should show within 72 hours. She also said that BoA was planning on email notifications to the accounts that were affected by the 'no point received' issue.

Follow-up to the above post...

DH spoke w/BoA last night. According to CSR he spoke with, B0A is aware that 'some' of the accounts did not get point credits for December and they are working on the issue...CSR is sending email (on our behalf) to someone to get the points added and they should show within 72 hours. She also said that BoA was planning on email notifications to the accounts that were affected by the 'no point received' issue.

Did you get a name of the CSR at BOA that you spoke with? We do not do credit card accounts online (use paper bill and use automated phone number to check things periodically). Does this mean we won't get notified? At least they are working on it, and hopefully everyone will get what they deserve! Maybe they will have things straightened out before the end of the month. Thanks for the update!

Did you get a name of the CSR at BOA that you spoke with? We do not do credit card accounts online (use paper bill and use automated phone number to check things periodically). Does this mean we won't get notified? At least they are working on it, and hopefully everyone will get what they deserve! Maybe they will have things straightened out before the end of the month. Thanks for the update!

We did get the CSR's name, prefer not publish it at the moment though...Yeah, not real confident about the notification email since I have yet to be notified (from B0A) that the program is ending :rolleyes:.

When are unsolicited certs. Going to be sent out? I understand they will be mailed at some date in the future.

They should be mailed out this month......

What do I need to do to get my certificates?

No action is required by you. Certificates will be automatically sent to you after termination of the Compass Rewards program and you will receive them in the mail by January 31, 2009. Certificates will have one-year expiration and cannot be extended further. However, they can be used toward any NCL cruise that is open for sale.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=CompassRewardsFAQ#NeedToGetCert

I had a closing date of 1/6/09 this month (usually it is the 3rd or 4th of the month). Funny enough, there were NO points listed on the statement at all. :confused: At the bottom, in the messages section, it does say:

"You will receive your final compass reward certificate by 1/30/09 based on your compass reward balance on 12/31/08. Your certificates will be received in the usual increments of 100 and 500 points."

I am a little nervous about the points not being listed. I should have had more than enough for that last certificate, but who knows how this will all play out.

I had a closing date of 1/6/09 this month (usually it is the 3rd or 4th of the month). Funny enough, there were NO points listed on the statement at all. :confused: At the bottom, in the messages section, it does say:

"You will receive your final compass reward certificate by 1/30/09 based on your compass reward balance on 12/31/08. Your certificates will be received in the usual increments of 100 and 500 points."

I am a little nervous about the points not being listed. I should have had more than enough for that last certificate, but who knows how this will all play out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=17389676&postcount=1443

c breeze - Thank you. I think I have that post bookmarked already, just in case. I also have a spreadsheet where I was tracking my DEC purchases good to go. Just seems weird that some people would have balances on their JAN statement and others would not. Maybe they realized there was a problem with some so decided to stop adding potentially incorrect points balances until they get it sorted out. That's what I'm hoping anyway. :)